Renting a Car from Tampa or Orlando Airport

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
Does anyone know which airport you can get a deal on renting a car - Tampa or Orlando?

I would go with orlando ... because right now the prices in tampa are much more than orlando

I've gotten good deals from both. If the airfare is dramatically cheaper to TPA it might be worth it. Keep in mind though that you're still 90 minutes from WDW and when on vacation time is money.

Florida airport car rentals charge an airport concession recovery fee. If practical I suggest you look at renting at an off airport location to avoid this extra fee. If I remember correctly the fee at Orlando is about 10% of the rental price. Plus making copious use of the discount codes offered about.

For us, both air and car rental were cheaper arriving in Tampa but leaving from Orlando.

It depends, to a degree, on when the rental occurs. In general I've had better success with lower rates from MCO than TPA but have found very good rates at TPA when I've used Priceline.

Dick Taylor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!