Rental home with fenced yard?

CattailGal

Mouseketeer
Any recommendation for a home close to the Disney parks with a fenced yard (pet friendly)? I'm grateful for any suggestions!

TIA,

KC

Look in HomeAway or Vrbo. Be sure to put pet friendly in the filter. It’s not that easy to find places that take pets and if you do you may have to ask the owner to see if the yard is fenced. Also of course there will be an extra charge for a pet.

It's pretty hard to find homes in Florida with fences. Between HOA rules, hurricanes, and landscapers, fences just aren't that common. Good luck.

What @disneysteve said.... In our neighborhood very few of the homes have fences. Mostly a few that have larger lots. And they are not the ones that are being rented. Most of the newer developments only have a few feet between houses which makes it difficult to have fences.

I also agree with what @cedricandsophie said. Start by filtering with pet friendly and I'll add to check the pictures for any views of fences. Even if you see something you will want to check with the owner to make sure the fence provides an enclosed area and is not just a fence along the rear property line. We have at least one pet friendly rental in our neighborhood but it doesn't have a fence. I know because we met one of the renters, a very nice couple, and ended up watching their dog a couple times.

Good luck with your search!

Another issue is that due to gators (even with fences), you really can't leave pets outdoors unattended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!