rental cars t mco

nancylynn

Earning My Ears
have not rented a car since 97 and that was a real bad experience with a nasty hot line outside at alamo. we are really trying to avoid that scene again. does anyone know what rental agencies are on site at airport? do they cost a lot more than the offsite ones? we are staying 4 nights in august. thanks:p

Hi, National, Dollar, Budget and Avis are onsite, as well as a company or 2 I never heard of. If you do an internet search for the Orlando International Airport web site, they list the other companies. Hertz and Alamo are off site by shuttle.

Also for Dollar, National, Budget and Avis, each has its own preferred renter program. Currently (as in, as of the moment I Write this) it is free to join all of them. National has a promo on its web site (nationalcar.com) saying you can join the Emerald Club for free. I suggest you join all of them (I did that) and then keep shopping for the one that gives you the best deal. I used National EA before, and you literally walk out to their garage, pick the car you want in the Emerald Aisle, put your stuff in it, and show your id to the gate attendant as you leave. Does not get easier than that! I did have to battle the line though when I returned the car and there was an error on my bill.

Alamo is notoriously bad. Everyone I talk to about them complains about long lines and horrible service. I am sure there are some that have had an acceptable rental with them, but they are few and far between. National, Avis and Dollar and Budget are located in the terminal at MCO. I am sure that there are others, but I don't recall them now.

I don't bother renting a car at the airport. I use Tiffany town car. For $75 round trip they pick me up in a Lincoln Continental at the airport, take me to my hotel and at the end of the vacation they pick me up at the hotel and take me back to the airport. Save the trouble of waiting at the airport for a car and having to drive to the hotel. When you return the car you have to fill the tank. With the cost of fuel you will be wasting lots of money as well as wasting a lot of time.
:pinkbounc :bounce: :jester: :pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter