Rental Car

ebaycruiser

Earning My Ears
Would it be cheaper to rent a car at the airport and drive to the port for four people vs. Disney Transportation? Haven't checked rates yet but has anyone done this? Seems kinda crazy to rent a car for a couple of hours!

Then would have to rent a car again for the trip back to the airport!

It is much cheaper to rent a car. Any other transportation will cost much much more. We are renting a car from Budget and having my DH drop us at the port while he returns it. When we get back from the cruise, he will get the shuttle and get another car for the return trip to the airport.

i got budget, also. the total for the two days (1 MCO to PC, 1 PC to MCO) and it was less than $100, all taxes included. Get the rapidrez thing. it will help at the airport, at least.

It really is not a "crazy" idea at all....especially if you want to save some money....a rental from MCO to the port averages about $40 to $50 for a mid size car...compare that to Disney Transportion which is much higher. We have done the 2 one-way rentals several times and enjoy the drive to the port. It really is a painless process and not crazy!!!

We usually book a late flight home after the cruise and find renting a car for the day (from the port area) and returning to the airport later that day a great way for us to do things (and keep the luggage somewhere). It gives us the freedom to do Downtown Disney or the outlets...if we took the DCL transportation we would stuck at the airport until our flight.

Budget
Avis

are the two that I use the most but Thrifty is now at the port area as well as National, Hertz but they are further away.

there is a website at www.mousesavers.com that offer discount codes for all the rental companies and we have gotten some great savings that way.

For Budget.......The location code for Orlando airport is MCO and the drop off code at the port is CC5

For Avis.....The location code for Orlando is MCO and the drop off code at the port is P3F

I just did all of the math yesterday. It was WAY cheaper for me to rent a mini van (less than $50 each way) for our 6 people than the DIsney transfers. Here's the secret. Rent from National rental online and use contract code 5000304, rate code EWEB. I sat for over 3 hours yesterday with a list of rental car codes and this was the absolute cheapest combination I could find. THe smaller cars were $10-20 cheaper than a mini van. Good Luck! Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter