Rental Car Questions

dday2022

Mouseketeer
We have our 4th cruise coming up in September and I'm trying to make a decision concerning rental cars. Previously we have used Florida Town car to and from the terminal, Rented a car and parked it at the terminal, and rented a car and left it at the hotel taking a shuttle back and forth. I've seen on the board people taking a rental from the airport then turning it in prior to the cruise and picking up a rental after the cruise and driving it back to the airport. Does anyone have any advice and pricing on doing it that way?

We rented a car thru Avis, drove down the day before and turned it in before the cruise. DH dropped us off and took a shuttle to the ship. I kept his passport to check him in and he had his driver's license so he could get into the terminal. We only had to pay for a 1 day rental (about $35) since we had the car less than 24 hours even though it was overnight.

We pretty much did the same thing when we returned, except we all took the shuttle to the Avis office. We were in Magic Kingdom by about 10 a.m.

We will be doing this for the first time as well. I'm just bummed because there are eight of us and the biggest car I can get to get us back to the airport is a 7 passenger minivan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter