rental car question

imheather

Mouseketeer
Is there any rental cars that you can drop off at the port?
Does anyone have a discount code for a rental car or van. (there will be 6 of us plus luggage)
I wanted to pick up at airport Friday drive to Ron Jons where we are staying and drop off at port Sat am. Is this doable?

Heather Western May 22

Heather,
There a couple that I am aware of at the port.
Avis is near the Radisson, and Budget is right there as well. They both offer complimentary shuttles to and from the port to their offices.
I have a couple of AWD codes for Avis that are for anyone to use:
B021615 (20% off)
K199060

For Budget:
W810011 (25% off)
U030131

I got these from mouse savers (take out the space and add dot com)

Lisa

Heather,

The rental car agencies are very very close to the port, but not at the port.

Budget is the closest and very easy to use.

This is what you do...pick your car up at the airport, drive to your resort.
The morning of the cruise you load everyone in your rental car and the luggage and drop everyone off at the port, all luggage included. Then one person takes the rental car back to budget, it may be 1/2 to 1 mile from the port if that...it is right there, you can't miss it. Then the one person returns the car and meets you all in the terminal.

The five of you left at the port can check in the luggage, go through security, upstairs and check in for your cruise. It saves a lot of time and headache for other families if you do this, considering all six of you plus luggage would probably have to come in two trips from the car place anyway. That way all families can use the shuttle effectively and in a timely manner.

Oh, and the one person returning the car after dropping all of you off, needs to keep his/her photo id with them to get back into the terminal for the cruise.

Ok, ive read vthis thread with interest. I kNOW Oct 2007 is ages off, but im in planning mode for cruise number 2 before we do number 1 (15th Oct 2006)

This oct its easy, we have a villa for the 3 weeks and car, so we drive to port and leave car for 4 nights.

Next Oct, we can only get 2 weeks off work, so will fly on Thur 18th oct and book into a disney hotel for 2 nights Thur and Fri ( need a hire car) Then we wanted t drive to port and drop off car at rental place ( sounds like budget is a good idea) do the 7 night western on the Magic, and the pick up car for the other 5 days from port. so we would only be hiring for 7 days this way.
And no parking fees to pay.
Only down side is, will we be able to get all our cases on the ship? As we could have left them i trunk of car, if we hire car for 2 weeks. But this seems an expensive way to do things.
Any thoughts please

Thanks Everyone,
Tomorrow I have the day off work so I am going to call Budget.
What a great idea to drop everyone off at the Port and have one person
go drop the car off. That way you do not have to lug alll the luggage around.
You guys are so clever:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter