Rental Car Pick up MCO return Port Canaveral??

ChickenCarlos

<font color=darkorchid>"Shift yer cargo dearie, sh
are there any rental car companies that you can rent a car at the MCO airport and return when we leave for our cruise at Port Canaveral?? also if not does anybody know of a good shuttle to take to port canaveral from the airport and to the airport on our return?? any info would be very helpful for planning.

I definitely know Budget and Avis have locations near Port Canaveral. Budget's location code is CC5, Avis is P3F. Maybe also Thrifty??? All will require shuttle ride to the Port. I believe Budget is the closest, maybe 5 minute ride.

thanks for the info. are those codes for the return location???

wow, the price doubles if you dont return it to the same location you rented from, is that normal>???

wow, the price doubles if you dont return it to the same location you rented from, is that normal>???

It is quite common to get dinged for not making a round trip. Sometimes they need their inventory moved and you get lucky.

Those codes are for Cape Canaveral locations. Orlando Airport code is MCO. Try using Budget BCD rate code for DISers, Y937800. Has helped me save on one way rentals. Also, If your a member at Costco or BJ's, check in the store for savings flyers with discount codes. Also check prices to keep car for whole cruise and park at the port terminal parking lot. You have to pay $15 a night to park but it is sometimes cheaper to do that.

I'm not sure what your situation is coming from Cali. But if you happen to be spending a night in Orlando before or after your cruise, you can stay in one of a few hotels in Cape Canveral and leave the car for free while on your cruise. Just an idea if you find a roundtrip car for cheaper than a one way rental price x2.

yeah, we are going to WDW for a week before the cruise, and then leaving for the cruise, so i will keep looking around for discount codes and what not, but i think it will just be easier to rent a car from MCO and then return it there, and take some sort of shuttle to and from the boat. Anybody know of any good shuttle services to and from MCO??

Check out this post on the Port Canaveral area - hotels, rental car locations, etc. Great resource for multiple things including the rental car MCO-Port-MCO options.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

I've reserved Hertz for MCO-Port and Avis for Port-MCO, both at $48 each way for 24-hour rentals.

is this for renting a car to get to and from the port???, that might be a good idea with if its only $48 each way because there will be about 8 of us and $36 each for a shuttle is starting to add up.

wow, that thread has a lot of info, im thinking we will rent a car for the week we are at WDW and bring it back to MCO then rent from a different company for one day to drive to port back and forth so they dont charge us double the price for the week long rental while at WDW. Thanks for all the info.:thumbsup2

is this for renting a car to get to and from the port???, that might be a good idea with if its only $48 each way because there will be about 8 of us and $36 each for a shuttle is starting to add up.

Yes, the $48 reservations are for one-way 24 hour intermediate/midsize rentals each way, so totalling $96 for transportation. This is far cheaper than the over $200 for Disney ground transportation we were looking at for our party.

And yes, you've realized that if you do a one-way rental picking up at MCO, keepng it for an entire week, and then dropping at port, it will be really expensive. One way rentals are rarely a deal. But the options for 24 hour one-way rentals are more workable within a budget to get to port.

so if we book a 24 hour one way car, should we book it ahead of time or when we are at the airport, and at the port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter