Rental Car Magic- need cheap over Xmas-New Year

andrews_dad

DIS Veteran
Need to rent a car Dec 28th to Jan 4th or 5th. No option to use Diz transport. Staying with friends outside of town. They have no extra wheels to borrow, though. The rental car rates might be a deal-breaker. After taxes looking at about $750-$1200. We do this trip almost every year and pay about $300 for that amount of days. Promo codes are blacked-out or agencies are sold out. Anyone know of some magic to pull to get that rate down in the $300-500 range after taxes? Willing to do what it takes ... like cab it to a cheap local rental agency, whatever.... Any help would be great. 2 adults plus one car seat.

EDIT ++ Nevermind, I just found the official Dec car rental thread. If you have insights for me please post them there!!!! Thanks.

Can your friends pick you up at MCO? If so I'd start checking neighborhood rental offices near where you'll be staying. Even if the rate isn't great you'll at least save some of the airport surcharges. Try local Enterprise offices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter