Rental Car...I've asked this before, but

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
I just copied this off the Avis section of the costco webpage "One additional driver fee will be waived for Costco members at locations in Canada ". I ambooking a car in Florida, so how can I find out if an additional driver is also waived for the U.S.?

We've always had the 2nd driver waived on our Costco FLA rentals. I thought when booking through the Costco travel site it shows as well.

This is what I get when I try to book Avis through the Canadian Costco site at MCO

Edit: So sorry, that's with Alamo and Enterprise. Yeah, Avis and Budget do not show this at all. :(

Funny it no longer shows for Avis and Budget and if you go into the terms and conditions it mentions the additional driver included with member benefits in Canada and Avis Budget show additional driver included if selecting a Canadian destination rental. But if you go to the US Costco site and try a MCO reservation, the additional driver included is listed for all 4 companies.

Maybe Costco (Canada) paring back the additional member benefits through rentals and Avis/Budget being the same company behind the scenes, maybe they are the first they are doing with.

If you go on the U.S. Costco site, they have this (under Avis, this time)

Very odd that they limit it based on location of card.

So I guess we can only have the extra driver with alamo and enterprise. That’s disappointing

Not necessarily. I would phone Costco about it if either Avis or Budget was your preferred rental agency. I bet it's a glitch, but who knows?

I’ve found 99% of the time Alamo has the best rates, and I always get my daughter as the extra driver, no problem.

Just back from my car rental and I can confirm there is no additional charge at Alamo for second driver when using Costco. DS did all the driving even though I was the one who rented the car. (it's nice to be chauffeured around for a few days.

I’m renting with AVIS
IM ASSUMING THR second drive free isn’t included with them anymore. I’ve called Costco travel five times and I have gotten both yes and no, so not sure what to do. I’ll have to go by what’s in writing.

That's what I would do. Another approach, though. Have you checked the Avis US site? Maybe they have a "spouses are always free" rule, which might solve your problem?

If you go on the U.S. Costco site, they have this (under Avis, this time)

View attachment 411559

Very odd that they limit it based on location of card.
I think it's a badly worded statement that can be interpreted in two different ways.

I think it means "At locations in the US..., one additional driver fee will be waived".
I don't think they mean that it means that it's dependent on the location of the card members.
Using mathematical notation with brackets:
One additional driver fee will be waived (for Costco members at locations in the US)
vs
(One additional driver fee will be waived for Costco members) at locations in the US.

I'm pretty sure they mean the latter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter