RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

Walked around the loop. Jim is correct on open spots. There are 3 others breaking down 1106, 1102, 1109. It looks like 1118 is packed up but still hooked up.

Heading to Disney springs about 9:30. Have a breakfast ressie at Homecomin since no trails end. Need to shop a little. We will probably be back around 1. The sites that pulled out today have not been cleaned yet.

Glad to see everyone on there way. and looking forward to meeting everyone. LLSP looks beautiful.

Quick update here. Wednesday was supposed to be a MK day, but waited for Mom's camper to get here and once it was here and set up the kids were almost here so we skipped MK. That evening we went to Movie "Hocus Pocus".

Thursday was EPCOT. Food and Wine is kinda there. Not as many booths, but still enough to get full going around and sampling. Had great time.

Yesterday was HS. Didn't get boarding passes for either time. Finally got be something besides an engineer on Smuggler's Run (Left Pilot). Diner was at Mama Melrose's.

Today is a down day so we'll around the site most of time today. Working, or playing games, maybe a few hands of Sabacc. Drop by if you see me out - sites 1116 or 1117.

Site decorations looking good! Along the lines of bama Ed and his collection of Disney shirts, I think I am going to wear a Halloween theme Disney shirt... fun and costumey-ish for the meet! Hope the yellow flies give us a break. Anyone check the weather for Monday night? Looks like the rain has moved out. Yay!

I forgot to post this. It was from Friday at dinner time.

44D6D679-8D36-477C-A165-E00211E01639.jpeg

A few more folks arrived today so expecting the Mallory pet count to go up. She was very happy to see Ian yesterday. Today she gets tiggerdad’s kids.

I ran this morning loops were still empty but I bet that will change tomorrow morning. I will count the empties tomorrow. Then saw Ed and off to DS for breakfast at Homecomin. Was a calorie bomb but delicious. Then hung out with @tiggerdad. went to Publix. will be getting ready to move outside, kind of looking forward to watching @bama_ed and @tiggerdad watch the football game. Could be very entertaining.

We too are here site 1124 (and so happy to be here). Got to the Fort around 9:30 this morning. Site was ready. (We also made a stop at Walmart, DW had done a grocery pickup order.)

I have to brag on my wife, she hand cut and drew the tombstones and singing busts. The only things she didn’t make herself is the caretaker and the hitchhiking ghosts. I am so incredibly proud of the work she did!!

And of course representing the boards!

After we got set up, chatted with @bama_ed and @tiggerdad a bit then headed to Publix to pickup a few things we missed from our Walmart order. Got Arby’s to go and then came back and took a shower.

Working on getting the satellite up and running. Going to enjoy the air conditioning for a bit then sit outside and enjoy. So so so happy to be here.

I am FINALLY set up in 1122. Long afternoon getting stuff done (humid outside) but with DW's help we got it done. I have Teamubr on my trailer door side, the Comfort Station behind me (driver side), tigger92662 across from me, and Bishoparc's graveyard seen also in front off my driveway.

Made arrangements to get tire work done while here so that is all arranged.

I will post more pix this evening.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter