RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

I'm glad you bumped this thread, Don.

A few nights ago, I pulled out my Madame Leota cup out of the cupboard. She was a special WDW Sipper from last October and got her there at the Sleepy Hollow food stand near Hall of Presidents.

There were lots of folks in line at Sleepy Hollow a year ago lining up and buying multiple Madame Leota's in front of me. No doubt the merch was listed on eBay before the end of the day.

But enjoy.

Bama Ed

PS - note I popped her lid on top to reveal the straw where my diet Coke came from. ::yes::

Last edited:
We hit 50k views of this thread.

My work on this is complete.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

Fitting tribute Kris. Maybe everyone can jump in and keep it on the front page.

Hey Hi !
Somebody showed me a new campsite that has replicated an entire BlockBuster Store for their campsite theme this year.
Get to work and post a video for us .This is new and incredible .
I’ll have to ask the person tomorrow where he found it ( from friend or just scrolling YouTube ) … but it is Fort Wilderness .
Hope they are there for the Halloween and holidays.!

If anybody finds this while driving around please post the location .
I have only tried to visit Ft.Wilderness to see decorations once in the darkness driving around and around and thought I was lost forever!

Plus one campsite has like 100 Stormtroopers … !

Last edited:
So, I created this video for a couple of reasons. First, I enjoyed Chris's videos he made of Foolish Mortals going down the road. Kind of a way to honor him and his participation in the DIS. They were fun to watch, but I'm a nerd like that. I love traveling videos.
Next, I just wanted to see if I could do it. Whether I succeeded or not is up for debate. I have a lot of learning to do on creating videos.
There are issues for sure.
1) Too long. I don't know how to cleanly clip and edit together the pieces yet.
2) Need to do the same thing with audio. Redundant.
3) I need to be more selective with my edits. At some points the lack of vehicle motion clock was ticking too long.
Anyway, This was our trip to the DISmeet, OCT.2020. It starts in our development and goes down I-4 to the Disney exit. I left in probably too much of the trip from 4 to the Fort Wilderness entrance, but hey, someone might get nostalgic for the drive. The end is the fun time I had getting into our site. There just wasn't that much room to move around. Plus my lovely wife being a diligent spotter..... Very diligent. Spotting.
So watch what you like, Fast Forward past what you don't. I admit it's way too long. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Like for instance why I went down the wrong side of the road. I thought it was one of those one way loops and I didn't want to get stuck going the wrong way. Just my luck I was at the only spot in the entire campground where there was a median.....

I subscribed to your YT channel, Don. :banana:

I'm no techie for your audio and video questions above but I noticed the following:

- loved the ride in once you got off I4 onto WDW property.
- sitting up front with you, so to speak, I noticed you swing a little wider out (because you have to) when you (for example) approach the guard shack at the Fort.
- I don't use the Hitch/Un-hitch lanes so pulling into those was new for me.
- I like how the music changed once you got to campsite. I saw that black Denali pickup across from you and said to myself, "they need to move that truck to help him get into his spot".
- But you and DW got into your site with the Denali sitting there, you get the golf cart and trailer backed in, and THEN the lady in the site with Denali across from you comes outside and drives off in the truck! :rotfl2:Wish I could have heard your comments regarding that.
- Also, you could charge a premium to us subscribers to be able to listen to the "diligent spotting" conversation - unedited and uninterrupted. We would PAY!:lmao:

I enjoyed the drive in once you got past the guard. Great scenery and it was a beautiful day at the Fort.

Good job, man!

ED

PS - was that you on the R&B guitar up until the loop 400 arrival?

Nice job on the video and getting the coach in there. I was wondering how you were going to do it when I saw the truck, golf cart and fire hydrant. Nice that she moved the cart.

j

It'll probably take a few tries but you'll get it. I watched the whole thing, cuz I too don't mind seeing the whole drive.
The drive music was very relaxing and fit perfectly, and as @bama_ed pointed out, the shift to the tense music fits with backing into pretty much any site anywhere. Keep em coming. we are looking at camera for this year.
(I'm kinda 1 up on ya though, I've got younger tech savvy kids to edit for me)

@bama_ed
Wide turns. If you watched from the start you probably saw really wide turns. Not because of the motorhome, first time I pulled that short trailer. Wanted to turn easy until I figured out how it tracked. Didn't want to squish it in a turn. I wanted to unload/unhitch at the site. My wife said we should do it at the hitch/unhitch. I argued with her until I pulled in. She was right and obviously won! I've never used it before either. Unloaded the buggy and hooked the trailer to it. She drove that rig to the site. The rest I guess you saw. As far as the spotting conversation, you can ask her next weekend.
PS: I just started this video stuff. If people could hear my comments from the minute I saw that Hot Mess in front of me till I shut down they'd shut down my channel before it got started! Halloween decorations too close to the road. Site markers and fire hydrant. Tight on my left that you can't see is site marker for my site and one of those steel bearproof trash cans. The golf cart parked on the corner and the Denali. Had all kinds of suggestions for everybody!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter