rendez vouz des stars restaurant

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Hello

It sounds like this restaurant is changing from an all you can eat buffet to a full table service restaurant ... do you think half board vouchers will still be able to be used?

This is one buffet I'll be sorry to see change.

We ate here on our last trip and I personally thought it was rather nice - not quite the same level as inventions, but then again it was 2/5 the price of inventions.

edit: I've also just read about the expected name change to "restaurant des stars" - what was wrong with rendez wous des stars?

I really hope they don't touch remy as part of this change - this was really well done. However, in DLRP's ever growing thirst for money, I could see the big space in the middle being removed and filled with tables, which would remove the convenient performing space that Remy and his chef get now.

Where did you find out its changing? Do you know when? We were hoing to try this buffet on our next trip at Easter but now Im not sure as Id need to know what the menu is like

In once sense it is good as there is no table service restaurant in the studios but it hadnt been a buffet for long and had had some good reviews recently

Where did you find out its changing? Do you know when? We were hoing to try this buffet on our next trip at Easter but now Im not sure as Id need to know what the menu is like

In once sense it is good as there is no table service restaurant in the studios but it hadnt been a buffet for long and had had some good reviews recently

Found on here.

http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/news/news.php#newsitemEkFZlpppuljZzpzKMj

I just hope that half board vouchers can be used as if I am right it is the only restaurant in the studios for vouchers.

:thumbsup2It does not show I replied on the front screen, so thought best post again in case waiting for reply before work.

Sounds like the boards are up and it's already changing! I wanted to eat here in May but I wanted the buffet, not full-service. Shame...

That is a shame. We ate here last time and thought it was great too. You never know though, it could still be fab though and hopefully we'll still be able to use HB there. I would like to see some toilets in there though :rotfl: sounds daft, but it was minus 12 degrees and we had to put coats etc on to go to the toilet mid-meal when the kids had to go.

Oh what a shame, I really enjoyed this buffet and Remy was absolutely delightful. I see he is also making appearances at WDW as well. ;)

edit: I've also just read about the expected name change to "restaurant des stars" - what was wrong with rendez wous des stars?

I agree ~ I like the name Rendez Vous too.

We have just phoned to make our reservations for over Easter and were told this restaurant will be open again by then. We asked about the menu and were told it will still be a buffet. We have booked for the Tuesday after Easter but may change our minds when we get there as we will have time to look at the menu first.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this if its turning into a table service! :thumbsup2

Bob xoxoxox

Thought you might like to know that I was told it would still be a buffet for our booking on 20th April for lunch, but its no longer accepting HB Plus as full payment, instead its face value and you pay the difference.

Here is a link to a site I found which appears to confirm this

http://http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/groups_and_travel_agents/groups/pdf/Tablo-Coupons-ANG08.pdf

Hope it helps

Hello,

For some reason I could not open your link.

So that is the second restaurant that is listed on the HB+ list which is now only at face value. (lucky nugget)

Sorry, dont know what happened with the link, It's def not working, I can email it to you if you like tho.

However, I have been on to DLRP central res again this afternoon to query this once more and have been told it Restaurant Des Stars WILL accept HB Plus as full payment and it IS buffet untill they are told otherwise, and as far as central res are aware, that includes arrivals till end April at the earliest.

Lucky Nugget is not accepting HB Plus, its face value. Also the character tea is now at LN instead of Plaza Gardens.

I just wish they would get the dining options right, when I complained I was told the staff were as confused as the guests! :mad:

Dunno about Hb standard, I was only enquiring about HB Plus which is what we've booked. When I made my reservations for RDS I was told at first it was not accepting HB plus vouchers, only face value, then this afterbnoon when I called them back to double check, they said they DID take HB plus!

So confusing- they should be training their staff much better than this.
:confused3

We ate here on Monday with our HB plus vouchers.

Very nice buffet - everyone found something nice to eat.

We even met the rat and it was not a scrum !

Would def go here again.

HTH

Thanks for that info. I'm glad we decided to try there after all.
What food was available for your HB plus voucher? So glad to hear its still a buffet:)

Thanks for your help.

Only 9 days to go!!!

Whooppeeee!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter