Renaissance Hotel, Orlando Airport

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to post a quick review on this hotel since it seems to be coming up on Priceline fairly often as a 3* hotel in the MCO zone. We stayed there last night on a $47 Priceline bid.

The hotel web site said the lobby remodeling would be complete by 7/31/07. Well it isn't really even close to being finished. Still using the back entrance and a converted conference room for the front desk area. That said, the staff was quick and very helpful. I requested a room with 2 beds and they cheerfully placed us in a newly remodeled room on the 9th floor (which is the club floor, however the club lounge is being remodelled so no special services or amenities were offered).

The room was VERY nice. Obviously brand new, everthing had been redone including bathroom tile and fixtures. Large room with upscale bedding and toiletries. Very contemporary furnishings. Excellent desk area, great divided bathroom with excellent shower head. Big LCD TV's, cordless phones, nice stereo system, High speed internet access, frig, microwave, coffeemaker.

The pool is large, with a nice deck area, hot tub, plenty of lounges and tables. We had the entire pool to ourselves for most of the evening. Everything was neat and clean at the pool and the work out room. All in all the room was at least as nice as the deluxe resorts at Disney...so a real steal for the price. Once the public areas are open it will really be a lovely hotel.

We used the airport shuttle after returning the rental car last night and they arrived in less than 10 minutes after we called them. The shuttle back to the airport from the hotel runs every 30 minutes on the hour and 1/2 hour. They also pick up at the Courtyard across the street.

Thanks so much for the review. I just stayed there on July 27 and want to post a review with pics but don't want to hijack your thread.
I have a rather different view of this hotel than you do. But it sounds like you got a nicer and newly rennovated room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter