Remy - will u need a virtual pass like Rise of Resistance??????

Clt_jojo

DISNEYLAND HONG KONG BOUND MARCH 2025
When Disney soft opens do crowds wait in line. Or will they open with a virtual queue for Remy's new ride? Also anybody see anything going on with Space 220?????

All unknowns at this time. Recent soft-opens are usually invite only.

Last edited:
I would imagine not, the throughput on this attraction will be higher and the downtime lower.

Guess I won’t be getting an invite as I’m there March 8-12:(

A few weeks ago when I was at Epcot a CM said they are estimating a late March early April opening. I hope she was right.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a virtual queue for a while; however, they didn't do this with MMRR.
Correct, Remy should be fun but there's no indication that it'll cause the mob scene that happened with Rise, which was the whole reason for the virtual queue.

As for Space, I don't think there's been any chatter. It was very close before things shut down so they might just be waiting until dining restrictions are lifted.

I think its all going to depend on how crowded it is. As much as we are all looking forward to it, Remy doesn't have anywhere near the hype that RoTR had prior to opening.
I don't think the line will be anywhere near as bad as RoTR.
If it is, then I suspect we will see a VQ.

I don't think it will be necessary. It's a proven ride system. The issue with Rise is that it's throughput is poor especially with all of the breakdowns.

When it does open, I imagine the entrance at IG will become the go to gate for Epcot.

That helps explain the $300 standard rooms at Pop Century Christmas week.
I stayed at the AoA last month and didn't even use the Skyliner to get to HS. I knew better. That price is horrific, but someone will pay it.

Probably not. Remy's isn't a new technology. It's a retread from DLP. I have no issues with it. Alien Saucer Swirl is a carnival scrambler and I love it.
Rise is new technology and temperamental.

I don't think they will use a Rise like Boarding Group where that is the only way to ride it, but I could see a virtual queue element for if/when the standby gets to long if it is *that* popular when it first opens. Like what Gideon's has, when when you are called you just get on the end of the standby

I could see many rides go to something like that in the future even after covid times

I believe that the virtual queue for RoTR was a one-off. When MMRR opened there were several posts here along the lines of "people who know things say there will be a VQ", and we know how that turned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!