Remember "New Age" music?

cardaway

DIS Veteran
Who were your favorites?

Recently I loaded my iPod with my Andreas Vollenweider collection. His use of the harp as his primary intrument made the music pretty unique, even within the new age genre. The first time I heard (and saw) him wason the Tonight Show. Tunrs out he was one of Carson's favorites and he had him on the show often.

We're big fans of Enya as well.

Enya was the only thing I listened to. Had one CD that was a gift and I enjoyed it. Haven't listened to it in awhile.

I still listen to it!

I like a lot of the nature sounds like my Wolf cd, thunderstorms, etc... I have a cd of native American music that's beautiful and very relaxing.
I like Enya a lot. I like Loreena McKennit. I like a lot of Celtic music actually

Remember?

We have all the Enya CD's and listen to them frequently. I like the sounds of nature type CD's.

herc.

I still listen to it!

I like a lot of the nature sounds like my Wolf cd, thunderstorms, etc... I have a cd of native American music that's beautiful and very relaxing.
I like Enya a lot. I like Loreena McKennit. I like a lot of Celtic music actually

We have a thunderstorm CD as well. Wonder if it's the same one. We also have one called Ocean Dreams that has music along with sounds of the ocean. Good to put on when you want to relax and even fall asleep.

Is Enya still considered New Age? I was never a big fan of New Age, but my wife and I both really enjoy alot of Enya's music. Also, is Yanni considered New Age? I don't like all of his stuff, but some of it was pretty good.
Another song that I always enjoyed was Celestial Soda Pop (I have no idea who wrote / performed it, but it sure was a cool song).

I am a Tom Barabas fan and still listen to his music. I find it so relaxing.

I think my thunderstorm cd is from Solitudes. I can only listen to it at work because Peabody has gotten worse with his thunderstorm anxiety as he ages.

We have a few cd's of Enya and Lorenna McKennit. I have cassettes (yep cassette tapes) of Kitaro (Japanese musician).

I don't consider them New Age though. Although Kitaro's music I'm not sure of :rolleyes:.

Kitaro... Yanni... got it and got it.

Never heard of Lorenna McKennit and Tom Barabas.

I like Rumble and Tingstadt and Mannheim Steamroller (their non Christmas stuff is even better than their Christmas Stuff). Lots of good stuff still on Windham Hill - but that's kind of quasi-classical.

Wait... Mannheim Steamroller does more that just Christmas music? :lmao:

Got their Christmas box set. Never got around to checking out anything else.

I don't know how if they classify as new age since I've only heard a few songs, but October Project is pretty good.

Just about anything on the Windham Hill label: Shadowfax, Michael Hedges, Will Ackerman.

Ian Anderson, the lead singer/songwriter for Jethro Tull has a GREAT New Age album called "Divinities: Twelve Dances with God"

I also have some CD's from some of my favorite jazz artists who delved into New Age.

Oh, and Tangerine Dream!!

Wait... Mannheim Steamroller does more that just Christmas music? :lmao:

:rotfl:

I like Mannheim, Andreas Vollenweider, Tangerine Dream. :thumbsup2

Another great one is Suzanne Cianni's The Velocity of Love. I was able to get it as part of 25 free downloads at Emusic.com.

I love Yanni. Didn't know he was considered New Age though. I thought he kind of came after.

I miss some of the Nature Sounds tapes I used to have. I loved the gurgling, babling brooks.

:rotfl:

I like Mannheim, Andreas Vollenweider, Tangerine Dream. :thumbsup2

Another great one is Suzanne Cianni's The Velocity of Love. I was able to get it as part of 25 free downloads at Emusic.com.

I love Yanni. Didn't know he was considered New Age though. I thought he kind of came after.

I miss some of the Nature Sounds tapes I used to have. I loved the gurgling, babling brooks.

I was going to mention Tangerine Dream but didn't know for sure if they were considered new age. I always thought of the as the godfathers of electronica.

Anyway, I've loved them ever since I saw the movie Risky Business and thought to myself "who did that awesome music during the subway scene". Their score for the movie Legend is great stuff as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter