Remedial/sports/physio Massage near WDW

kylieh

DIS Veteran
We have weekly physiotherapist massage sessions for DD16s legs and hips (she has Ehler-Danlos hypermobility type with hypotonia muscles) and I supplement massages in between when she’s had a really bad day or she has an extra session. It’s mainly to relax the muscles and her.

She’ll be in a wheelchair most of the time and it dawned on me last night that she still may need a professional session or two. We’ll be away for two weeks.

So question is, how easy is it to see a remedial or physiotherapist near WDW or Orlando, we’ll have a car. Can you get same day or next day appointments, do you need a referral etc. any recommendations? we’re coming from Australia and our allied health services May be different in how they work so any guidance would be helpful.

Edit: what price range for a 1/2 hour session, we’ll pay out of pocket as travel insurance doesn’t cover this one.

Last edited:
We never have had the need for this service - we had an assigned "at home" program, and I learned how to administer our daughter's PT, which we did daily at home.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone post here about those particular services in the Orlando area. Have you asked your local professionals if they have any recommendations for Orlando? Perhaps they could guide you on how to select the best possible provider that is in the WDW area.

without a valid US prescription , it's going to be hard to get into a true rehab facility for a massage/PT. the deluxe resorts have spas, however that offer massages. they are typically 60 minutes and will probably cost over $100US. off site, one of the national chains would be cheaper( massage envy, Hand and Stone) but in either case you probably won't be able to find a true physiotherapist

Google "physiotherapist lake buena vista fl". If any of the results have email information, contact those and ask your questions. I mean, you could call, but that will be expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!