Reimbursed points - how long would you wait?

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
DVC is returning a night of points to us due to an small issue with our villa. It was not a major issue but we mentioned it twice, it fell off the radar and was not fixed. Someone called us when they realized no one took care of it and she was very apologetic - offered extra FP and said they would be returning a whole night of points for the trouble. This was on Wednesday.

The points haven’t shown up yet. How long would you wait for the points to show up in your account before calling?

Are you still there? If so, you might have to wait until you check out and settle up your account.

It took us a few weeks to get them back once. The request from the resort to DVC wasn't sent, and then there were other issues. But this was also during the 2016 hurricane (our issue wasn't hurricane related), so I would hope normally it wouldn't take that long. It was frustrating because we needed those points to book the next vacation to prevent borrowing.

It took us a few weeks to get them back once. The request from the resort to DVC wasn't sent, and then there were other issues. But this was also during the 2016 hurricane (our issue wasn't hurricane related), so I would hope normally it wouldn't take that long. It was frustrating because we needed those points to book the next vacation to prevent borrowing.

Interesting! We did get points back last year because we left early due to Hurricane Irma but I can’t for the life of me recall how long it took!

Follow up with DVC.

:earsboy: Bill
Agree, but recommend you do so via email so that you have a record of the "conversation". Be sure to include all the relevant information as well as your Member number & contact info. Good luck!

DVC is returning a night of points to us due to an small issue with our villa. It was not a major issue but we mentioned it twice, it fell off the radar and was not fixed. Someone called us when they realized no one took care of it and she was very apologetic - offered extra FP and said they would be returning a whole night of points for the trouble. This was on Wednesday.

The points haven’t shown up yet. How long would you wait for the points to show up in your account before calling?

We had a night of points returned to us in April, it took about 3 days for the person we were working with at the resort to get DVC to return the points, and then another 2 days for the points to show up correctly as originally they were returned as holding points. Thankfully, we had the cell number of the person we were working with at the resort and he called us daily to check in and update us regarding the progress so I didn't need to call DVC myself, but that would be my suggestion at this point. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter