Rehitchin' Ceremony at Garden Grill?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Just wondering if they are still doing this. Has anybody done it lately?

If they are still doing it, I have a few questions -

-What does it involve? What do they do? Do you get any sort of a memento to keep?

-Do you have to make arrangements for it when you make the PS?

-Will they do this at the Ice Cream Social, or do they have to go for lunch or dinner?

-Does they actually have to be celebrating an anniversary to be rehitched?

My best friend and her husband are going to WDW for the first time in November and I wanted to reccomend this to them. They have been married for five years and are expecting their first child. She will be about 5 months pregnant at WDW, so I thought this would be lots of fun for them. Any info is appreciated.

we did it in july. it involves the waitperson doing the ceremony, which is short and sweet. sometimes you get a cake to share(we did not) and of course a marriage cerfitcate. no, it does not have to be the "actual" date; we have done it several monthes after our actual date. i have read here on the boards that it is also done at the ice cream social, but do not know for sure. when you make your PS request the re-hitchin' ceremony and make sure to mention it when you check in for your meal. oh and you get to kiss, like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100!:p

We got rehitched at the Ice Cream Social in June. Mickey gave me away after trying to step in for my groom :).

My DW and I did this at Garden Grill in May. Some tips:

-- Make a PS for a non-peak meal time. We did lunch at 1:45 p.m. The restaurant was not too crowded, so the characters and several servers were free to come join the ceremony!

-- When you check-in tell the CM you want to do the re-hitching ceremony. This should be noted on your card given to the CM seating you.

-- Bring a camera. Ask one of the servers to take a picture or video-tape the "Kiss to 100."

We got a cake (enough to easily feed 4 or 5 or more), plus a nice certificate. The ceremony is a hoot if the CM leading it really gets into it. Our CM/server was Sam and he was a blast as the "preacher." You could tell he was a veteran, but he made the entire ceremony special.

Do they charge for the cake? The ceremoney and certifercite would be nice, it will be 15 years in Aug. for us and we will be there in Nov. But if we are paying for the dessert that comes with the meal, i wouldnt pay extra for the cake. We would probably like the reg dessert better.:p

jpinj1,
We did the rehitching ceremony last month, and they gave us the cake for our dessert. My DH wanted the dessert that comes with the meal instead (lemon merigue tart that night), so they brought us the tarts, and we had both desserts. There wasn't any charge on the bill for the cake. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My friends went to wdw a few months back for their 10th anniversary. I made all the food arrangements and made a ps on thier actual date there and asked for a "suprise rehitching" in the memo notes. IT WORKED so well! All the charactures were in on it so they all tried to make the husband jealous and then the guy walked up and rehitched them on the fly it was so cool! (im very proud of myself)

At our re-hitchin ceremony in June, we received a cake but no certificate and no characters were involved. I was disappointed. However, we were there during the prime dinner hour. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Would 5:30 be a bad time to do the rehitching ceremony ? It sound really neat.... what happens if someone else is also doing it that same day, does it make it less special?? Thanks!!

DW and I just did this last week and it was fun. We got the cake and characters but no certificate. Our PS was at 4pm and hardly anyone in the restaurant. Characters came around a lot more than usual and played with DD. Chip kept stealing the mister fan and cooling himself off, pluto wanted our bones from our meal and Mickey was going to fight me for DW. It was a blast. Go at off times, it is better.

Originally posted by wenpop
Would 5:30 be a bad time to do the rehitching ceremony ? It sound really neat.... what happens if someone else is also doing it that same day, does it make it less special?? Thanks!!

Hi! 5:30 is not a "bad" time, but it is the start of the dinner rush. The problem is that when there are more people, the characters are spread out and may not be available to participate in your ceremony.

My recommendation is to do it a little eariler or later (before or after the "dinner rush.") You can get the characters involved and possibly several servers to help take pictures or videotape the event.

What happens if someone else does it the same day? It's just that much more fun! We had a couple honeymooning near us that did it. Our server, Sam (he was the BEST!) really "hammed" it up with this couple. He even "dragged" my DW & I into the ceremony "warning" us that our turn was "coming up soon!"

Hopefully, your server will get everyone in your section involved. Sam did a great job at that -- in fact, he ran around before our "ceremony" to round up Mickey, Pluto and Chip, plus 3 or 4 other servers. We had a huge "rehitching party."

I hope yours is super magical! If they do not bring out the cake and/or certificate, ask your server about it. The certificate is really cute. The cake was good (easily feeds 5 - 7!), but I'd give up the cake for the certificate. It's a nice keepsake of a special memory!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter