Regarding the "Best Smells" segment this week

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by ChrisFL, May 31, 2018.

1. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I knew there are, um, smellitzers or artificial smells on Main St. USA for the bakery or ice cream shop...and I'm fine with it.

The thing that has always bothered me is that I'm SURE there is also one near Mama Melrose's at DHS (near Muppets). I've been in that area and near that little Christmas Store way before the restaurant opened in the morning and smelled the same amazing italian food I do at other times. The smell is the same every time I've passed by there if I get a strong enough scent of it.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing in that area?

2. ChrisFL

200 views and 0 replies, so maybe it's all in my head :p

DisDreaming4116 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Sorry, @ChrisFL - didn't want to think you were being ignored. I have personally not smelled it. But that's to the best of my recollection, which stinks. I also don't remember a lot of smells other people wax poetic about - the Poly and Grand Floridian lobbies, Pirates, etc. And it's been, sadly, almost 6 years since I've been to WDW, but I promise to sniff hard and think of you when/if I get back to Studios, and that area! :)

ChrisFL likes this.
  5. AnnMichele

AnnMichele Earning My Ears

Never smelled that, but I was surprised that they didn't mention the smells in FOP! My favorite is the cave scene. It's the best smell ever!

6. ChrisFL

Thanks SorcererHeidi :)

It may be possible with all of the changes in that area, it may no longer be happening...but I'm hoping I finally have some closure to this major question :p :p :p

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  7. resablue

resablue Earning My Ears

I was really surprised nobody mentioned the popcorn smell right when you enter magic kingdom. Or did they? I can't remember.

8. disneyseniors

disneyseniors DIS Veteran

WE have eaten at Mama Melrose's several times, and I do remember that great smell. So, you are not crazy! :) I love the smells of WDW, even if they are piped in. That's part of the experience for me.

ChrisFL likes this.
  9. seanfaulk

seanfaulk Sean Faulk - Dreams Travel Agent - DIS team member

Maybe it’s my nose jobs or just Not noticing, but I never smell much of anything at Disney

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  10. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father to Be.

My mission in September is to smell this and report back team!

ChrisFL and SorcererHeidi like this.
  11. cwoww

cwoww Earning My Ears

i love the smells in FOP, whatever that floral kind of smell is. I wish they sold candles in the gift shop of it.
    between that and the lobby at AKL.