Refrigerators

colleen costello

<font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and
I have read on AllEars.net that all the moderates and deluxes are working on getting the free fridges into all their rooms (a wonderful perk, much overdue, IMHO). Does anyone know if this is done, or happening now, or the schedule? We have two DVC trips planned for March and July, and those rooms have fridges. But we will also stay extra nights somewhere else on property and I want to pick a room WITH A FRIDGE! With 2 kids we can't live without it and the bargain-hunter in me wants the fridge for free!

Thanks for any info.

I'm not sure so don't quote me, but when this was first reported end of August I think I read somewhere that it was going to take 6 months or so. You could always call the resort you are thinking about and ask if they are installed yet. When we stayed at AKL in October we did not have a fridge in our room but we were able to get one and they did not charge us for it.

We drove down for one night in Sept and stayed at CBR and had one in our room, free of charge. We're going to the WL in Dec. and hope they will have them there already as well.

We just returned from the Yacht Club and were pleasantly suprised to find a fridge that was not stocked as a mini bar as we had been warned. It was empty!!!! There was info on ordering set ups for the mini bar, but we wanted it for our stuff!!!

Even if the refrigerators are not yet installed in the resort you want to stay at, just request one when making your reservation. Not all of the CRO CM's are aware of the change, and they may quote you the $10/night charge, but in reality, it will be free.

Diana :earsgirl:

we just got back from POFQ and they were installing fridges while we were there. We requested one from Housekeeping and it was free.

We had one in our Beach Club concierge room. Is that standard in concierge? Anyway, it wasn't working! That's okay because we only put water bottles in it anyway.

Our BoardWalk room didn't have a fridge yet either. However, we could have cared less. Great, now I'm craving a vanilla donut from the BoardWalk Bakery.

I was just at AKL on 11/7 and there was a fridge for use there. Nice surprise.

It sure sounds like the fridges are well on their way to being in all the rooms. I also bet that if you request one now, they do not charge if it is in a resort where they are already in some rooms. Cool! We save so much money eating breakfast in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!