Refrigerator at Hotel New York & Opinion?

mika911

DIS Veteran
Do any of the rooms include a refrigerator at Hotel New York?

I've been a bit nervous to book the NY. I have read some reviews on Trip Advisor where they complained of dirty rooms and whatnot.

I'm hoping it might not be so bad?

There are no refrigerators in any on the on site hotel rooms.

I have stayed at HNY many times & have never had a problem. I would always choose this hotel over all the others as its my favourite.

I would take what was on Trip advisor with a pinch of salt as if everything was to be believed on there no one would stay at any hotel in the world as there seems to be faults with every hotel

Agree 100% with previous poster. Trip Advisor should def be taken with a pinch of salt.

We went to Florida over Christmas, flew in to Miami and had a hotel booked on South Beach, then a hotel for Orlando, then one for Fort Lauderdale on our way back to Miami for our return flight.

Trip advisor gave poor reports for the one on South Beach, but it was fabulous. It gave good reports for the one in Orlando, again, a fab hotel. It gave dire reports for the one at Ft Lauderdale which were actually 100% spot on..we refused to stay there and drove back to South Beach and managed to check in to the place we'd stayed there for the remainder of our holiday.

Trip Advisor has very mixed reviews for the Davey Crockett Ranch, but we found it to be perfectly acceptable.

All too often, people only focus on and report on the bad points.

Enjoy your holiday! Dont get in a stress over worrying about the room, if you get there and you're not happy, complain right away and ask to change rooms.

We stayed in the hotel new york in sept last year and loved it, the room was clean and nice a big and would definitly go back here, its a lovely walk from the hotel to the parks. Cant say we had any problems with how clean to room was... everybodys opinions are different but for me would def go back :thumbsup2

Just back from our 3rd trip to HNY and highly recommend :thumbsup2

Rooms always cleaned early every day, fresh towels, linen, no housekeeping problems whatsoever.

I tend to agree that trip advisor only seem to have bad reviews. I once read one about the DLH where they said it was the worst hotel they'd ever stayed in!!

Hello, we stayed here in May for the second time.

This hotel is our favourite, one of the reasons is being so close to the park.

The rooms are lovely, clean and no problems at all. Take the trip reviews with a pinch of salt.

I often wonder how anyone can say a four star plus hotel is "rubbish".

We eat on the first night at the buffet restaurant on half board plus and found it be a lovely choice and were very pleased with the meal.

Book it, you will not be disappointed

My cousin read a review on Trip advisor & someone said a 4 star hotel was the worse they had stayed in as they had plastic drinking glasses by the pool:confused3

Thanks. i figure I might consider Empire State Club if I chose HNY.

However, it does not seem to be covered as much as castle club.

Surely empire club is pretty nice? I just wonder if the rooms are really renovated in them?

i was there in october last year, theres a mini bar/fridge that contains drinks but one has to pay for those.The room we had was 500 something and one could tell it had been recently renovated (new bedspread etc), breakfast was awesome, they also have scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon at no extra cost.

Appreciate that.

I was also curious if the main hotels like the NY & Disneyland Hotel have ice machines in parts of the hotel? Perhaps a mini collapsable cooler could be used with ice to keep a couple drinks cool.

yes, there are ice machines.. you will find an ice bucket thingie container in your room to carry the ice to your room..if i remember right, in the tv wall unit
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter