Refreshing your bouquet for a MK photo shoot

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
Hi girls (and guys!) I need opinions please.

Our wedding is on a Thursday and our MK photo shoot is on a Sunday morning. Our floral manager is going to take my bouquet before the reception and go put it in some water and 'refresh' it and will then deliver it Sunday morning straight to the MK so I don't have to worry about it. Sounds wonderful! She told me at our PS what they do to refresh it, but I don't remember.

Well, we just got our floral budget, and it costs $75 for them to do this (plus another $11 for a second boutonniere for DF/DH.) This just seems like an awful lot and I am wondering if it will really be necessary. I know I've had roses at home that look really great if kept in water for a week or even longer sometimes.

I need help please :goodvibes

Karen...

It is my understanding that when they refresh, they will replace any wilted flowers. Now...how much will that be? Well...that depends on the types of flowers (some more delicate ones may really need replacing), the weather (if it's really hot and humid, they will wilt much quicker).

While some flowers could last two days (almost three depending on the times) I'll bet most will be pretty wilted by Sunday morning. I guess there is a question of how closely will the photos be to see them, you know? I'm not sure I'd want to take a chance that there would be a great photo but your bouquet is wilted, know what I mean?

Did you pick a specific arrangement? Would it be possible to have someone make something in silk for your for the MK shoot? That might be a cheaper option...

I paid the money for the refresh of my bouquet for the MK shoot. At the time, it was $50 and I think that included the new bout. for DH. It was some of the best money we spent. By the time I got to the reception, some of the roses in my bouquet were noticably wilting and turning brown. I think they didn't like benig out in the Florida heat for pictures! When I got my bouquet back the morning of the photo shoot, I bascially had an entirely new set of flowers. It was gorgeous all over again.

Now, granted, the MK photo shoot pictures are not about your bouquet, and they even told us at our planning session that some brides just opt to do it without their bouquet and the pictures come out just fine. So, if you need to cut the budget, I think you can cut out the floral refresh.

While our flowers did look beautiful up until the day we came home.... I dont know that they looked "show-ready" 3 days after. Maybe you could take photos without the flowers? I think that would be JUST as beautiful and honestly, if my MK Bridal shoot were that far off- thats probobly what I would do. Spend that extra money on something nice for you and your DF.

However, you might also consider that this is running you a high price to even have this photo shoot-- so make it what you want. :hug:

Thanks for the input. It's not so much a matter of wanting to cut that out and feeling we can't afford it. I just wondered if it was a 'necessary' expense. Good point that we will be taking pictures in the HOT summer sun and the flowers probably won't make it very long even throughout that day. I'm also glad to know they do replace flowers that are wilting, that helps justify the cost. You're right too, Maggie, in comparison to the overall cost of the shoot, $75 is not a big deal :)

Well, I am a cheap skate... so I definately see $75 dollars as a large deal of money. But if you are having this photo shoot-- and paying the already high price, I would hate to see you pay that much for a photo shoot and then not get your flowers refreshed and wished you had had them in your photos.

I, myself, could probobly live completely fine without the flowers in the photos but again, its all personal preference. If they do mean a whole lot to you, defiantely dont live in regret-- the MK photo shoot is a one time thing.

Hi girls (and guys!) I need opinions please.

Our wedding is on a Thursday and our MK photo shoot is on a Sunday morning. Our floral manager is going to take my bouquet before the reception and go put it in some water and 'refresh' it and will then deliver it Sunday morning straight to the MK so I don't have to worry about it. Sounds wonderful! She told me at our PS what they do to refresh it, but I don't remember.

Well, we just got our floral budget, and it costs $75 for them to do this (plus another $11 for a second boutonniere for DF/DH.) This just seems like an awful lot and I am wondering if it will really be necessary. I know I've had roses at home that look really great if kept in water for a week or even longer sometimes.

I need help please :goodvibes
Really worth the $$$$.....they replace anything that is smushed, wilted, etc plus they replace your greens and if you are having ribbon that might have to be replaced. I don't think you will be sorry if you book this service.
You might want to look at the wedding links because this has been answered so many times and you can hear other experiences.

Really worth the $$$$.....they replace anything that is smushed, wilted, etc plus they replace your greens and if you are having ribbon that might have to be replaced. I don't think you will be sorry if you book this service.
You might want to look at the wedding links because this has been answered so many times and you can hear other experiences.

Thanks, duh! I didn't even think about searching before I posted. Sorry!! :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter