Reflections on a two week trip. Oct 8th to Oct 19th

Rich M

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a long trip from Disney World. There was My sister and I from Oct 8th to Oct 15th and my friend joined us on Oct 16th to Oct 19th. First our Itinerary:

Oct 8th - Fly from OAK to MCO - Stay at a Studio at SSR - Rented Points
Oct 9th - MK - AM - AK - PM - Stay at AKL - K Studio Savannah View - Rented Points
Oct 10th - HS - AM - EP - PM - Still at AKL
Oct 11th - MK - AM - leave for Cruise on Carnival - Until Oct 14th
Oct 14th - HS - PM - Stay at a studio at Poly - Rented Points
Oct 15th - AK - AM - EP - PM - At Poly
Oct 16th - MK - AM - Halloween Party - PM - At Poly
Oct 17th - EP - AM - HS - PM - Stay at Studio at SSR - Rented Points
Oct 18th - AK - AM - EP - PM - Stay at One bedroom at SSR - Rented Points
Oct 19th - MK - AM - HS - Afternoon - AK - PM - Stay at Beach Club Villas - Out of Pocket

We had the DDP on Oct 8th through the 10th. Then we had the DxDDP from Oct 14th to Oct 17th and then the DxDDP from Oct 18th to 19th.

I will go day by day and review the rooms, our day, and the food.

Oct 8th - Non Stop Flight for the first time on Southwest from the West. It was a good flight. We had a row for the two of us so we got to stretch out a bit. Arrived around 7 PM. Got a rental car from Dollar. Everything was smooth and we got a Kia Soul. We did not make reservations for this day knowing we could run late or something so we decided to just take the boat over to Disney Springs and see what we could find. We went to Art Smiths and they had openings so we went there.

Art Smiths Homecommin - First time trying this place and it did not disappoint. We both ordered the Fried Chicken. I got the white meat with Mac and Cheese and my sister ordered the mix but requested two thighs and a breast and mashed potatoes. The chicken is so good. Moist and crunchy. The mac and cheese was so good. I loved it so much. I had an Ice Tea to drink and my sister had some strawberry mint drink. For dessert I got the hummingbird cake and my sister got the Chocolate Cake. I loved the hummingbird cake but found that it didn't need the cream cheese frosting. I ate mostly the cake part. We used 2 dining credits and paid tip by cash. Tip was $20.

Oct 9th - We were excited today to move over to AKL - K put got the text saying our room was quite ready yet as expected so we went over to MK for our first park day. We had reservations at Be our Guest for lunch today so we got to the park at rope drop and went on Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, and Philharmonic. We then checked in for our lunch at BoG:

Be Our Guest - First time here for lunch. We pre ordered the Turkey Sandwich for me and the French Dip for my sister. I loved the turkey sandwich. The bread was so good. My sister enjoyed the French Dip minus the dip. We both got a bottle of water. Used 2 QS credits.

After lunch we left the park because it was just way too hot for us. We drove over to AKL - K and asked about a room and they said ours wasn't ready but if we didn't mind one a little further away it was ready now. We took the room they had. It was a nice room except it was at the end of the Savannah which meant we could see the fence line pretty clear but we saw lots of animals.

After we relaxed in the room for a bit we headed over to AK. We had Fast passes for Navi River, Everest, and Safari. First was Navi River which was a nice little boat ride but not worth any amount of time. We then headed to Safari which was a nice ride and even had a couple down pours while we were out there. The rain stopped for a bit so we went towards Everest where we went to watch Nemo as a downpour started. Great show as always. We then went too Everest and the weather was calling for a huge rain shower coming so we grabbed some ponchos in case and put them on to get on Everest. Rained a little bit but Everest was great as always. After we went to Yak N Yeti for dinner.

Yak N Yeti - This was my third time here and it did not disappoint. My sister ordered the Steak and Shrimp and I ordered the Lo Mein - Chicken. Both were really good. Service here was really bad though.
We waited a long time for refills and I can not stand the paper straws here. I had Ice Tea and my sister had lemonade. For dessert I had the won tons and my sister had just asked for some vanilla ice cream. We used 2 TS credits. Tip was $20.

To be Continued......

Oct 10th - We started our day waking up to Zebras outside our balcony and a nice sunset. We woke up earlier then we thought so we headed to breakfast at Wilderness.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - We enjoy the breakfast here and my sister ordered the skillet and I had the eggs benedict. Both were really good and we paid out of pocket here. $40 for breakfast and $15 Tip.

We were headed to HS this morning to Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania, RnR Coaster, and Tower of Terror. We got in at rope drop and headed to Star Tours and was one of the first groups on. It was a nice ride on Star Tours and we noticed that Mickey and Minnie had a short wait for pictures so my sister went in and got her picture done with them. We then headed over to TSMM and got on fairly quick. We had a little bit time before RnR Coaster so we headed over to the Chase lounge to get a picture with Star Wars characters but found out it wasn't open til 11 so we skipped that and went over to RnR Coaster. We had a great ride and decided to just leave and skip ToT. We headed to Disney Springs to get some Sandwiches from Earl.

Earl of Sandwich - This is our go to place for wanting to get something to bring back to the room. We ordered the Holiday Turkey for me and the Roast Beef for my sister. I got a Chocolate Pudding for my side item and my sister got the Jello. We used QS here and took it back to the room for later.

After our break at the room during some really terrible rain showers and me doing some work we headed over to Epcot for the evening. We scored some Test Track Fastpasses for later in the evening. We had dinner reservations for the Garden Grill so we went to the Land and saw that Sorin was only 25 minutes so we got in line and waited about 15. After that we went on Living with the Land and enjoyed looking at the great work being done there. Next up was Garden Grill.

Garden Grill - We have been here for breakfast but not for dinner so we wanted to try it. We enjoyed the bread and salad to begin with and then we enjoyed the platter that they brought but everything reminded us of Liberty Tree. Dessert was pretty good but a little dry unless you soaked the cake in juice. We used 2 TS and tipped $25.

We then went over to get on Test Track and had a great ride on TT as always. Then we headed out to AKL. Overall it was a great day.

To Be Continued...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter