Refillable Mugs & Split Stays

TigerInGa

Earning My Ears
If I buy the $20 refillable mug on the first day, but have a split stay, will my mug “know” to work the entire stay, or will it only work through my time at my first resort?

The entire stay
We did the same thing in October bought it at wilderness lodge and continued to use it at Saratoga

The entire stay
We did the same thing in October bought it at wilderness lodge and continued to use it at Saratoga

Did you have to tell the CM at checkout, or did it just know? I know that seems like a weird question, I’m just sort of mesmerized by this technology.

It knows , must be able to go off the info that’s on your magic band

The mugs are activated for 14 days. They are not tied to your reservations.

They will work at any WDW resort. Even ones you aren’t staying at. There is a RFID chip in the bottom that the CM activates as soon as you purchase

The mugs are activated for 14 days. They are not tied to your reservations.

They will work at any WDW resort. Even ones you aren’t staying at. There is a RFID chip in the bottom that the CM activates as soon as you purchase

Aaahhhhhh, that makes sense now. It’s 14 days regardless how long your stay is?

Thank you so much.

We were in VB in November for 3 days followed by 8 at BWV. When we bought the cups at VB the CM told us they were good for 20 days.

Still activated for 14 days. But you can ask if they extend it to 30 days

I think that to get it extended beyond 14, you hsve to show you still have a reservation. But I am not sure. I also heard you had to show your receipt.

I have never done so this is just what others have shared.

I think that to get it extended beyond 14, you hsve to show you still have a reservation. But I am not sure. I also heard you had to show your receipt.

At the AKL we asked a very friendly CM witch extended it for us without a receipt

We Stayed 8 nights at AKL then 4 Nights at BCV and 8 Nights at FQ. So we asked the CM if we can use the Mug in the other Resorts and if she could extend the date ( you can see the date on the maschine). We did not have to show anything.

We Stayed 8 nights at AKL then 4 Nights at BCV and 8 Nights at FQ. So we asked the CM if we can use the Mug in the other Resorts and if she could extend the date ( you can see the date on the maschine). We did not have to show anything.

Thanks!

If you ask nicely, sometimes the CM will hit the activate button extra times -- with each time giving you an extra 2 weeks.

Just last month I lucked out and got a mug that had apparently been activated for 11 months!!!

If you ask nicely, sometimes the CM will hit the activate button extra times -- with each time giving you an extra 2 weeks.

Just last month I lucked out and got a mug that had apparently been activated for 11 months!!!

I am confused. You got a new mug and it was activated for 11 months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!