Refillable Mugs Insulated?

rdefensor

Earning My Ears
What are the refillable mugs made out of? Are they insulated?
If not, is it ok to buy the mug but fill a hydroflask or some other insulated/non plastic container instead?

Yes, they are double-wall plastic like the Disney resort and water park refillable mugs. They are in the small side though, especially once you put ice in. They don’t have a chip, so sure, you could use them to transfer. Little tip—the stations at Ulu get packed and the one in the rock at the gift shop entrance doesn’t have a ledge to sit your other container. I think there’s a third station but I never found it LOL

There used to be a filling station around near the grills - go between Aunty’s and Ama Ama and it was on the outer wall of Ama Ama (there was once a great takeout window there which was handy for Starlit Hui nights and pool days).

If not, is it ok to buy the mug but fill a hydroflask or some other insulated/non plastic container instead?

Ditto to what @cgattis said -- they are double walled, but honestly don't keep things cool real long in the sun...not at all like a hydroflask or Yeti would. Not having a chip means you can go refill to get a cool drink or there's nothing to stop you from transferring it to something better insulated.

Little tip—the stations at Ulu get packed and the one in the rock at the gift shop entrance doesn’t have a ledge to sit your other container. I think there’s a third station but I never found it LOL
Just a note for those reading this later -- the ones by Ulu are the only Coke Freestyle machines (the others by the center gift shop and by Ama Ama are regular fountain dispensers). So if you want (many) more options, especially for sugar/caffeine free, you'll want to head to Ulu. There are 3 machines there, along with 3 ice/water dispensers, so last week when we were there I never felt like it was too busy.

Yeah, the refillable mugs will not keep your drink cold for long. Definitely transferring from your refillable to your Hydroflask would be a ideally for keeping your soda cold.

Ditto to what @cgattis said -- they are double walled, but honestly don't keep things cool real long in the sun...not at all like a hydroflask or Yeti would. Not having a chip means you can go refill to get a cool drink or there's nothing to stop you from transferring it to something better insulated.

Just a note for those reading this later -- the ones by Ulu are the only Coke Freestyle machines (the others by the center gift shop and by Ama Ama are regular fountain dispensers). So if you want (many) more options, especially for sugar/caffeine free, you'll want to head to Ulu. There are 3 machines there, along with 3 ice/water dispensers, so last week when we were there I never felt like it was too busy.
Thanks for the info. Those were just normal machines when I was last there in 2017.

Yes, they are double-wall plastic like the Disney resort and water park refillable mugs. They are in the small side though, especially once you put ice in. They don’t have a chip, so sure, you could use them to transfer. Little tip—the stations at Ulu get packed and the one in the rock at the gift shop entrance doesn’t have a ledge to sit your other container. I think there’s a third station but I never found it LOL

Yes there are three. The one you mentioned, another at Ulu cafe and another on the side of the Ama Ama building, just past the main entrance.

They are double wall plastic, but I would not call them insulated much, as they don't keep drinks hot/cold any longer than regular cups IMO. Mostly the added inner wall just makes the cup hold less liquid - which is on the small size anyway. You can definitely transfer your drink to whatever container you want.

Ah, the AMA AMA one is the one I missed. Guess I’ll have to go back and check that one out!! ;)
Yes there are three. The one you mentioned, another at Ulu cafe and another on the side of the Ama Ama building, just past the main entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter