>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Quick Question!

I just booked a one night stay at AKL. the rest of our vacation will be offsite however we will be visiting the resorts sprinkled in throughout the trip for dining and meeting up with friends.

Would it be silly to even buy one in the first place?
Would it only work for Check in and Check out? or the 14 days as I read in here?
Can it be used in different resorts or only the one you purchased it in?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Question!

I just booked a one night stay at AKL. the rest of our vacation will be offsite however we will be visiting the resorts sprinkled in throughout the trip for dining and meeting up with friends.

Would it be silly to even buy one in the first place?
Would it only work for Check in and Check out? or the 14 days as I read in here?
Can it be used in different resorts or only the one you purchased it in?

Thanks in advance!

It can be used at all the resorts, so if you think you'll use it at the resorts when you visit them, then it might be worth it (if nothing else, it's a cute souvenir). It's good for 14 days - as far as I know it doesn't deactivate when you check out.

Does anyone have pic of the (yuck) white handle mugs? Sounds hideous, hope they aren't going to this permanently. I much prefer the colour coded handle & lid.
My last stay in Aug we got some of the last handles left. A few days into our trip several people at the pool asked me where I got the handle mug!! Handle mugs were all sold out.

Does anyone have pic of the (yuck) white handle mugs? Sounds hideous, hope they aren't going to this permanently. I much prefer the colour coded handle & lid.
My last stay in Aug we got some of the last handles left. A few days into our trip several people at the pool asked me where I got the handle mug!! Handle mugs were all sold out.
Its so strange! I got regular handle mugs in December and these in March:

IMG_5041.jpg

Thanks Rob for posting. Yuck those are just ugly!! Looks like they just took the handle-less mugs and glued on handles.

I've read that that's exactly what they did -- took their leftover inventory of mugs without handles and had handles attached. It was probably much easier to just slap a white handle on all of them rather than making sure the handles and lids matched. It stinks for families/groups who need more than 4 or 5 mugs (or however many different colors they have this week) because they don't have the option of swapping lids to change the lid/handle color combination. I hope these are gone by the next time we go.

With the currant AP discount at Contempo Cafe (20%), does that mean I can get a mug for 20% off?

I've read that that's exactly what they did -- took their leftover inventory of mugs without handles and had handles attached. It was probably much easier to just slap a white handle on all of them rather than making sure the handles and lids matched. It stinks for families/groups who need more than 4 or 5 mugs (or however many different colors they have this week) because they don't have the option of swapping lids to change the lid/handle color combination. I hope these are gone by the next time we go.
I hope they're gone by November!! I'd rather have no mug than those!!

With the currant AP discount at Contempo Cafe (20%), does that mean I can get a mug for 20% off?
Every QS I go to says the mugs are excluded. I even bought them in the same order as the food and the 20% off did not work.

Every QS I go to says the mugs are excluded. I even bought them in the same order as the food and the 20% off did not work.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping to save a few more bucks, guess one less mickey bar for me.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping to save a few more bucks, guess one less mickey bar for me.
Yes! I've tried at Beach Club Marketplace, Contempo Cafe, Captain Cooks, and Gasparilla. All no :( Beach Club tried to explain to me that it was somehow "merchandise" not food, but I know you get the 20% on merchandise and food so it just confused me. lol

Yes! I've tried at Beach Club Marketplace, Contempo Cafe, Captain Cooks, and Gasparilla. All no :( Beach Club tried to explain to me that it was somehow "merchandise" not food, but I know you get the 20% on merchandise and food so it just confused me. lol

Thank you for doing such extensive research. I would have been tempted to try another CS "just in case". And yes, if it's not food but merchandise then why isn't it covered??? From time to time you heard that people with TIW got the 20% off the mugs at Value resorts. Never happened with us, but I guess a few got lucky.

To supply our two rooms, we are using WEGOSHOP for some food and a boatload of soda and was going to forget the mugs. But DS drinks a lot of soda and after estimating $30 -40 in cases of soda, I'm thinking hmmmmm. Maybe mugs won't be so bad after all. I know the value is there, but if your room is 3 miles away from the soda/coffee stations, that can be a pain. We will still get some soda, because I plan to bring a small cooler into the parks with soda and juice boxes ( yes, strollers can be handy) And they can fill up the mugs coming and going from the parks.

I was able to use a TIW discount on the muds last year at AOA. Will that not work now?

Thank you for doing such extensive research. I would have been tempted to try another CS "just in case". And yes, if it's not food but merchandise then why isn't it covered??? From time to time you heard that people with TIW got the 20% off the mugs at Value resorts. Never happened with us, but I guess a few got lucky.

To supply our two rooms, we are using WEGOSHOP for some food and a boatload of soda and was going to forget the mugs. But DS drinks a lot of soda and after estimating $30 -40 in cases of soda, I'm thinking hmmmmm. Maybe mugs won't be so bad after all. I know the value is there, but if your room is 3 miles away from the soda/coffee stations, that can be a pain. We will still get some soda, because I plan to bring a small cooler into the parks with soda and juice boxes ( yes, strollers can be handy) And they can fill up the mugs coming and going from the parks.
Location definitely comes into play! I stayed at the Yacht Club and the trek to the Beach Club Marketplace (or even the pool bar) made it harder to get more refills.

I always contemplate whether its worth it or not, and I find I definitely break even (and then some) on them every time.

I was able to use a TIW discount on the muds last year at AOA. Will that not work now?

It's never been guaranteed. Cms have acted surprised when it worked for me.

My friend was able to use her TIW last April at Art of Animation on mugs. She also said the CM seemed shocked.

I always ask if any discount works. I figure whats the worst they can say, no? lol

I haven't stayed at a non DVC resort for several yrs, but back in the day, it never worked for me.

We actually stay at AKL but make a trip over to AOA food court just for the mugs because the deluxe food courts don't take TIW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!