>> Refillable Mug FAQ (new) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mikedoyleblogger

mikedoyleblogger Traded in Disneyland for Magic Kingdom

The first time we ever used the mugs was last August right after the handles were removed. At the time we didn't know why it was such a big deal to people, it seemed easy enough to just get a cardboard carrier if you needed one. When we were back in December, we were surprised to see the handles had returned. And as soon as we used them, we understood. It was massively easier, to us, for the mugs to have handles on them. We felt it every time one of us went to refill the mugs for the both of us. We couldn't believe it made such a difference.

bumbershoot likes this.
  2. RJstanis

RJstanis Mouseketeer

Most of my handles broke off at home on my old cups anyway. I liked the handles at the park, and no handles when I go home :D

mikedoyleblogger likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. EHowe

EHowe Earning My Ears

I haven't been to Disney for some time but I seem to remember when they started with the chip mugs that you could pay for however many days you were staying. is it now just one price?

5. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Correct.

6. EHowe

EHowe Earning My Ears

Thank you.

7. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

So I know these are RFID chips in them now, so can you just refill and leave without having to wait in line for the cashier? I thought that's how it works, but want to make sure.

8. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Paying for the refillable mug has always been a one time deal, even before the RFID chips.

jon18uk likes this.
  9. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

At sports now and they only have the handle mugs

10. plutojudy

plutojudy When you wish upon a star.....

What color mugs are currently offered at Pop? We arrive Saturday.

11. Mom9905

Mom9905 Earning My Ears

Just a current mug question
    Checking into asmu first weekend of march .
    What are the current colors as of now?
    There are 5 of us . Should I bring a couple lids or sharpies to label them? I'm assuming the style is the same. I have lids from previous stays to swap the lids

12. Jacqui

Jacqui Mouseketeer

I don't know what the colors are but we switch the lids around if we have to make extra colors.

13. bluezy

bluezy DIS Veteran

I always take a sharpie. There are usually 4 colors of mugs available, but sometimes the resort (any resort) might be out of one color. We're a family of 6, so inevitably we end up with duplicate colors. I find it easiest just to write each person's initials on the inside of the handle so it's easy to see. It just makes life easier for when one person takes all of the mugs to the food court to refill them. Even if we had 6 different color mugs, I'd forget which one belonged to which kid. :D

Spyral likes this.
  14. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

I left this past weekend
    Stayed at sports

Colors were
    Red
    Blue
    Pink
    Green
    Purple

All mugs had handles

bumbershoot likes this.
  15. Mom9905

Mom9905 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info
    Hopefully 5 colors in 3 weeks. A new design would be nice too

16. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

I wouldn't bet on a new design since the current one was introduced less than a year and a half ago - I think 3-4 years is more typical.

dansdad and bumbershoot like this.
  17. Elsaalltheway

Elsaalltheway DIS Veteran

I've been the last two years and must have hit the break because i've got a few mugs and none of them have the same design.

18. bluezy

bluezy DIS Veteran

They came out with the newest design in the Fall of 2015. We were there in June 2015 and June 2016 and got 2 different designs because of good timing. :) I think our mugs from 2015, 2013, & 2011 were all the same, though.

19. Elsaalltheway

Elsaalltheway DIS Veteran

I was there in sept and sept the following year and I believe I have two different designs. I will have to check that out.

20. mexi

mexi And here we go!...to Disney World

I just stayed at Pop and the colors there were blue, red, pink and purple. The red and blue ones had white handles. Do you think they will be switching to white handles for all colors soon?

21. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Maybe? White handles for all is like the opposite of the Year of Million Dreams mugs, where all the lids were blue and the handles were black, blue, silver.