Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

mdsouth

DIS Veteran
The first few posts will be dedicated to posts I will update as the year progresses with a list of names and dates of people going June 2021 and notices with Disney hours, updates, etc.

party:So, let's make a party of it and continue making plans for our dreams come true!

Let's start with a list of names, dates and places where we will all stay while at WDW. I will also add links to pre-trip reports too if you want yours included in the list.

mdsouth, June 20 -26th, most likely POP or CSR
https://www.disboards.com/threads/“all-our-dreams-can-come-true-if-we-have-the-courage-to-pursue-them.3758857/

sarbah77
CarrieW
Amy11401
kylenne - May 29 to June 5 - GF and YC
mmounsen - May 29 to June 5 - POP
Seagull59 - May 31 - June 4 - Art of Animation
Mcterry - May 31 - June 6 - Beach Club
haunted city - May 31 - June 8 - Boardwalk and Kidani Studios
PoohsFan1 - June 1 -12 - AKL Kidani and BWV
Pridemom June 3 -12 CSR
lillyshula - June 4-11 - CBR
Becky Mouse - June 5 - 9 Art of Animation
CruellaNY - June 5 - 9 CSR
Windcriesamy - June 5 -10
FancyNancy - June 5 -11 All Star Movies
PrideMom - June 5-12- POP
mickeyfanachey1999- June 5-12 Old Key West
imktdqt810 - June 6 - 11 - BWV
Linkura - June 6 -12 ASMovies
SaintsManiac - June 6 - 12 at Fort Wilderness Cabins
KristiKat - June 6 -13 Fort Wilderness
kclark9830 - June 7 - 12 - All Star Movies
xlhm - June 8 -16 Poly
JK World June 9-19 CBR
karalecia26 - June 12-17 at VGF in a 1 bedroom then switch over to AKL-Kidani to a 1 bedroom Savannah view June 17-20!
deanly - June 15-20
WDWRookie2009 - June 16 -?? BC
TikiRob - June 190 to 23 Poly
yorkieteacher - June 19-25 at the Yacht Club
sjb95u - June 19-26 Poly
TT4Dis - June 19-26 Copper Creek
zeferjen - June 19-27 Rivera
Anne Scaffo - June 20 -27 GF and YC
ouwgirl, June 21st-28th POFQ
LoverDisney - June 21-24 Cooper Creek, June 24-27 Beach Club
corn princess - June 23 -26, OKW
ColonelHathi - June 27 - July 2 POR
momtwoboys - June 28-July 2

Last edited:
This post is saved for park hours, etc. when Disney releases information for Summer 2021

I guess I will start by introducing myself.
I am Michele and I have been planning this trip since February 2014, when I last left the world and headed home. I would love to be able to go to WDW every year or every other year, but it just doesn't work for me. I had originally planned a short two day trip for October 2019, when I was going to be traveling through Orlando, but that trip had to be delayed. Then I was suppose to go in December 2020 tagging along with my daughter's high school band trip. I wasn't going to chaperone the trip, I am not that crazy! :crazy: Plus the fact, I am a middle school teacher and dealing with my own teenage students and my own kids is enough for me! :scared: So, I was just planning a trip at the same time the band was going to be there. But then the band director cancelled the trip because not enough students signed up! :sad:That was the first major bummer for my daughter regarding her Junior year in high school.

I decided then and there that we were still going to go to Disney, just on our own. It was going to be just my two kids and I since I knew my hubby would have to stay home and work and he just isn't a big fan of Disney. He tolerates it when we have gone in the past but does not see any reason to return. pirate:Huh???

Anyway, we planned for June 2020. I moved my trip from the first week of June to the last to take advantage of free dining. It was a great deal and one that I am never going to match I don't think. So, I am really bummed about having to drop my plans for 2020 and reschedule for 2021.

What about you??

Popping over from your sadly delayed PTR for this June. I am currently planning for September this year but have booked a December trip as back up. Will just have to wait and see what happens this summer.

Popping over from your sadly delayed PTR for this June. I am currently planning for September this year but have booked a December trip as back up. Will just have to wait and see what happens this summer.
Thanks for dropping in. Hopefully either your September or December trip will work out for you. I have always wanted to go in the fall for the nice weather and the festivities or during the Christmas season but since I am a teacher, I find I just can't take off during those times unless it is during winter break when everyone else in the country is off at the same time.

Just cancelled our June 2020 trip, hoping for June 2021. As a family we went to WDW in summer 2018, then Disneyland summer of 2019. My sister is moving to Florida this summer, so I am pretty sure we will go out to visit her and makeup this missed trip.

Well, we didn’t have a trip to WDW planned for this summer, so this isn’t a reschedule, but we are strongly considering June 2021 (or maybe July). We actually had intended to go to DLR summer 2021 - a much easier and cheaper trip for us, since we are in CA - but recent events have us longing for another WDW trip. We went in July 2019 and just had the best time. So, we will see! It depends on a lot of factors that are unknown right now. Either way, we'll probably be in DLR for a couple days during Thanksgiving when we're in southern California for the holiday.

Thanks for dropping in. Hopefully either your September or December trip will work out for you. I have always wanted to go in the fall for the nice weather and the festivities or during the Christmas season but since I am a teacher, I find I just can't take off during those times unless it is during winter break when everyone else in the country is off at the same time.
I'm also a teacher, so I totally get it! We'd love to go during cooler weather some day, but I'm learning that the summer has some benefits too. Room discounts, longer hours, etc. We loved our summer trip last July.

Well, we didn’t have a trip to WDW planned for this summer, so this isn’t a reschedule, but we are strongly considering June 2021 (or maybe July). We actually had intended to go to DLR summer 2021 - a much easier and cheaper trip for us, since we are in CA - but recent events have us longing for another WDW trip. We went in July 2019 and just had the best time. So, we will see! It depends on a lot of factors that are unknown right now. Either way, we'll probably be in DLR for a couple days during Thanksgiving when we're in southern California for the holiday.

I'm also a teacher, so I totally get it! We'd love to go during cooler weather some day, but I'm learning that the summer has some benefits too. Room discounts, longer hours, etc. We loved our summer trip last July.

I agree with you summer does have some advantages over the cooler weather. The main one I noticed between my summer trips and the one I took in February was the longer hours of the parks. The kids and I enjoyed taking a break from the parks in the day, having dinner and then heading back to the parks in the evening. Lots of great memories. I hope there will be discounts for next summer.

I would love to take a trip to Disneyland someday. The one time I was in southern California, we were visiting friends in the San Diego area. My son was small, around two. At the time we only had about five days in California and we spent it sightseeing and just spending time with our friends who had recently moved there. The thought briefly crossed our minds but we and my friend were on tight budgets at the time and it would have been about a two hour drive each way to go to Disneyland for the day. I now regret we did not go.

Just cancelled our June 2020 trip, hoping for June 2021. As a family we went to WDW in summer 2018, then Disneyland summer of 2019. My sister is moving to Florida this summer, so I am pretty sure we will go out to visit her and makeup this missed trip.

Carrie,

How far away from WDW will your sister be when she moves to Florida? I can picture you planning several trips to go see her. You can just justify it as you feel the need to make sure she is not homesick! And you are just being a good sister to make the trip or trips to see her! :teleport:

I agree with you summer does have some advantages over the cooler weather. The main one I noticed between my summer trips and the one I took in February was the longer hours of the parks. The kids and I enjoyed taking a break from the parks in the day, having dinner and then heading back to the parks in the evening. Lots of great memories. I hope there will be discounts for next summer.

I would love to take a trip to Disneyland someday. The one time I was in southern California, we were visiting friends in the San Diego area. My son was small, around two. At the time we only had about five days in California and we spent it sightseeing and just spending time with our friends who had recently moved there. The thought briefly crossed our minds but we and my friend were on tight budgets at the time and it would have been about a two hour drive each way to go to Disneyland for the day. I now regret we did not go.

That's our summer strategy, too - afternoon break, back for the evening. Last July, we got lucky and missed most of the rain because it mostly fell during our afternoon naps! haha.

Seems like that summer room discount is pretty consistent every year, so here's hoping! When we went in 2019, the discounts were actually released in January, which was a pleasant surprised! Who knows what will happen this year.

San Diego is a beautiful place, so I'm sure that was a great trip! I do recommend Disneyland if you're ever able to make it out west! It's very different from WDW of course, but so special in its own right.

Hello all! Sadly cancelled my June 2020 trip a month or so ago when I saw the writing on the wall, but just yesterday, rescheduled for June 2021 and now I'm happy again. Will be going with my DH, DS10 and DD8 and staying at POFQ the 21st-28th. I'm a total planner and actually having something to plan makes me feel normal again.

Great news on your rescheduled trip. I am like you, I enjoy the planning aspect of the trip and having a trip to look forward to will help things feel more normal.

I love POFQ! It is a great resort! I am considering it or POP for my trip next year. I have never stayed at POP but we had it planned for this year and were looking forward to trying it out.

Yesterday, Disney announced that WDW would stay closed through July 11th. So, no June trips for this year. When WDW reopens, you will need reservations for certain parks on certain days. No one knows what is happening with fastpasses and ADRs. With all the uncertainty about what rides and experiences might be closed, the possibility you will not be guaranteed entry into any park, I am just forging ahead with changing my trip to 2021 instead of this summer. I huge disappointment for sure! The good news is that I had not shared my plans for summer 2020 with my kids yet so it will not be a disappointment with them. I had planned to surprise the kids with the trip on my daughter's birthday in March but didn't when Disney announced the closing of the parks.

I am looking at June 2021 dates. Right now, I am planning for June 20 -June 26th. I may modify the dates if WDW releases any discounts or deals for Summer 2021. In the past, they have had room only discounts and sometimes package deals. These discounts most likely will not be announced until around January. But I can dream and hope!

Currently, I am debating between three resorts: POP, PORQ, and CSR. I have stayed at PORFQ and CSR before. I loved the theme of both and loved the size of PORFQ. I stayed at CSR before the Skyline and tower were added, so it will certainly be a different experience for me if I do decide to stay there. We have never stayed at a value before, but POP was recently renovated and has the Skyliner. Now that the values have queen beds, that is no longer an issue in choosing where to stay. It will most likely just be my two kids and I on the trip so the smaller room size should not be much of an issue.

We are planning to book June 11-19 at POR when the packages are released next month. (Of course, who knows if that will be on a normal timeline given current events!) Last day of school is June 8, and my last day of work is June 9. I love the idea of hopping on a plane to Florida 2 days later! Our 11th anniversary will be June 12, 2021. Yes, that means our 10th is this year. Well, everything got canceled for that, clearly, so I am calling our 2021 trip our "10th+1 anniversary." :laughing: We actually hadn't intended to celebrate our 10th at WDW - we had DLR and Glacier National Park booked - because we just went in 2019. But we really can't have too much WDW...

When/if discounts are released, we may switch to YC. Kind of depends on a lot of covid-related job and salary factors. Also depends on whether we are willing to pay for deluxe! We also love POR - we honeymooned there in 2010 and returned in 2013.

Last edited:
Currently, I am debating between three resorts: POP, PORQ, and CSR. I have stayed at PORFQ and CSR before. I loved the theme of both and loved the size of PORFQ. I stayed at CSR before the Skyline and tower were added, so it will certainly be a different experience for me if I do decide to stay there. We have never stayed at a value before, but POP was recently renovated and has the Skyliner. Now that the values have queen beds, that is no longer an issue in choosing where to stay. It will most likely just be my two kids and I on the trip so the smaller room size should not be much of an issue.

We will also consider POFQ, though we do love the theming at POR more. The smaller size is really appealing, especially walking around in that heat!

I really love the look of Pop and would love to stay there sometime. It's actually DH who doesn't want to stay in a value - he doesn't like the over the top theming. It's funny to me because he loves pop culture from the decades represented at Pop, so I think he'd really like it! Oh, well. The skyliner would be super cool to have access to, though!

Changed our minds and decided to go all out for this anniversary trip. June 11-21, 2021, YC/Poly split stay. 5 nights at each resort with YC first. Haven’t booked yet since it’s not possible, but plan to as soon as things open up again.

I guess it’s silly to be SO excited about a trip a year out, but here I am anyway!

Changed our minds and decided to go all out for this anniversary trip. June 11-21, 2021, YC/Poly split stay. 5 nights at each resort with YC first. Haven’t booked yet since it’s not possible, but plan to as soon as things open up again.

I guess it’s silly to be SO excited about a trip a year out, but here I am anyway!

party: Poly/YC both in one trip! Exciting! I definitely do not think it is silly to be excited for a trip a year out. We need something to look forward to and keep our spirits up! :rainbow:

I received the email from Disney about my June-July 2020 trip and it gave me the option to cancel, confirm, or modify. So, I called and modified my dates to November 2020 for right now. I was able to get the 35% discount on the Fort Wilderness cabin since I had the original free dining plan as part of my package. I moved my dates to November for now since they were not booking anything past December 2020. I figure, I can try to modify the dates again later after Disney has been open a bit and they start releasing information about resort options for 2021.

I have always wanted to try a stay at the cabins but the cost keep me from booking it. So, I definitely have a deep desire to try to swing a November trip. I just not sure if it will become a reality but I want to at least give myself that option.

Me! We were supposed to be there now (June 20-26) for Dance the World at CBR, followed by a 2-night stay at YC. So bummed we didn’t get the chance to see DD dance down Main Street. :guilty:

BUT we are officially on again for June/July 2021. Dance the World at POR late June (right now nights June 27- July 2) with my daughter’s Pom team, followed by ??? for nights July 3-4 (thinking Poly but it’s $$$ for 2 nights - totally want something for fireworks).

pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!