Red awning? What happened to all the owners on vrbo?

sersee05

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard of Redawning? I have inquired about multiple properties for my last minute vacation and a lot are coming back managed by Redawning. I inquired down at Anna Maria Island before deciding to go to Disney and had the same thing.

Anyone deal with this company? They seem to have high rates too. I cannot believe how expensive all these offsite properties are becoming. It seems they all deal with managers now and that really adds to the price.

I have had three different rates on the same property. I went through the management company who was almost $500 more than the actual owner who I found on the private rentals website. Then I inquired at paradise palms by owner. I got an email from t he lady who said they were booked but they had other properties in the area. I asked for some links. One of them was this exact same property I referenced above. She was $100 less than the managing company and $400 more than the owner. I asked if she managed it and she told me she markets them..

Im so confused..

That is weird. I have noticed the same thing about the management companies especially at Anna Maria. I have not had this redawning respond though. Their website says they are a hotel style booking taking the email dialogues and hassle out of booking. Sounds like something in between a full management company and by owner.

Ya its strange. I get owners who have management companies to run the house from them and if you rent directly through the owner, you always seems to get better rates.

It happened to me in November. Owner had his house on vrbo and management company had it on their website. I found the house on vrbo so we negotiated and then he had to call the management company to have them call me to take my payment on the agreed upon price.

I was surprised when this red awning company popped up for different areas too .I asked the management company if they heard of red awning and they hadn't. I was concerned because I didn't want to get scammed. But I don't understand how three people can have their hand in renting something.

I have spoken to the owner in email and am thinking of renting it...he gave a good price and its very cute. Im just concerned with all the people involved. I did the whole tax record thing..think it was from 2013 and it looks like it is the right owner.

yes with anna maria , I would find something and was in shock when I had to add so many fees into it. There was a town home I saw that I would have rented in a second until I saw I was being charged for it being an end unit and south facing pool..it wasn't a lot ..about $40 but I was annoyed that I would get charged for something like that.

I am in the process of searching for something offsite for February and can't believe how different it is from just last year even. I pretty much give up on VRBO and even Fabvillas which we have rented from both many, many times.

I totally agree with you on the fees being added in now. Booking fees, cleaning fees, accidental damage fees, processing fees, etc. We may just end up getting an offsite hotel room and being done with it all. I haven't run into the Red awning thing yet.

Thank goodness for the windsor hills rents websites..and others like it..At least you can still deal with owners. I won't rent from these companies I don't really know unless someone has good experiences to report.

I got lucky with the owner..He is listed on the windsor hills best website ..so am hoping that is a good thing .

RedAwning charged me 18% ($387) more for a vacation rental than it was listed at the Real Estate Office. And all they did was take my money and refer me to the realtor.

If you can find your rental elsewhere, I recommend not using RedAwning.

I am a homeowner with a property on Anna Maria Island that I list on the VRBO website. Recently I became aware that Red Awning had duplicated and basically "stolen" my listing and made a listing on the VRBO website with a different thumbnail photo and different tag line. They use all my photos, etc. but once you enter the listing, the description of the property has hypertext inserted in it. It also has different rates (much higher than ours) and says the property is managed by Red Awning since 2012. I get 95% of my reservations through my listing on VRBO and have a property manager on the island who handles my reservation paperwork for me and deals with guests during their stay. I had never heard of Red Awning until I came upon their listing of my property and I starting researching them. My advice is to not rent from any listing that has an Ra number or that mentions Red Awning. I am in the process of working this out with VRBO right now, but I really just happened upon this imposter listing. I'm sure many homeowners have no idea that they are victims as well. By the way, my listing is still on VRBO but it appears AFTER the imposter listing, and on the next page and there is no hypertext in the description.

Has anyone heard of Redawning? I have inquired about multiple properties for my last minute vacation and a lot are coming back managed by Redawning. I inquired down at Anna Maria Island before deciding to go to Disney and had the same thing.

Anyone deal with this company? They seem to have high rates too. I cannot believe how expensive all these offsite properties are becoming. It seems they all deal with managers now and that really adds to the price.

I have had three different rates on the same property. I went through the management company who was almost $500 more than the actual owner who I found on the private rentals website. Then I inquired at paradise palms by owner. I got an email from t he lady who said they were booked but they had other properties in the area. I asked for some links. One of them was this exact same property I referenced above. She was $100 less than the managing company and $400 more than the owner. I asked if she managed it and she told me she markets them..

Im so confused..
Hi, I own a property in Maui, and while checking my listing on VRBO i found a BOGUS listing by Red Awning. Identical photos, but asking double the rate. RED AWNING BEWARE !

Red Awning is not legit. They are a scam. We tried to book through VRBO and they routed us to their website for booking. We booked through them for a maui condo and then they took our rental off their website (and off of VRBO). When we asked why, they said the property wasn't actually available. We demanded an equivalent rental or refund by the end of the day. They didn't get back to us. They don't answer their phones. Then a few days later, they processed the full charge for the rental, even though there was no property available. We posted a complaint on the BBB website. They responded that they were going to hold our money while they search for an equivalent (against our will). Now we are having to hire an attorney and work with our credit card company to dispute charges. Absolute fraud. Avoid.

Wow! Horror stories... I have heard similar stories about properties being double and triple booked by these type of sites. The unsuspecting guests show up to find the property they rented already occupied. Even VRBO/Homeaway's new business model of charging people over $100 just to book through their site is just plain greedy. With some of the stories I have read and been told I would never book a property without dealing directly with an owner. It's too bad that you can't trust anyone these days.

would go to the credit charge company first - also would complaint to the VRBO - think they stopped red awning a few years ago - there are sites that the home owner put together like Windsor Hills - don't remember the others - there were several

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter