Recovered from worst trip ever, now planning a mother-daughter trip for DD's birthday

I'm not sure if you've decided to fly or drive but if you fly and don't get a rental car and use DME you'll have to hide the luggage tags from DD as they will say AKL because of your switch. If you drive, that is a little easier to pull off. In 2000 we were supposed to stay at POFQ but flew and got a rental car and my Ddad said that we were going to check out WL before checking into POFQ and pulled up to the security and he said we were checking in and gave the name and he turned around and said SURPRISE!!!
..so you might want to think about that too!!!

I'm not sure if you've decided to fly or drive but if you fly and don't get a rental car and use DME you'll have to hide the luggage tags from DD as they will AKL because of your switch.

We are flying, but I'm pretty sure we are going to rent a car. If we do end up taking DME, I'll remember the tags. Thanks!

Lucky you!!!!!!! Your ticker says less than 2 months!!!! It's going to be here before you know it!

R turned her countdown thing to 55 days today. It's unbelievable how quickly it's coming up!

So, our exciting news for today is that our trip is now

:woohoo: :dance3: PAID IN FULL :cool1: :cheer2:

So glad to have that off my plate. Now it seems "real"!

The past couple of days the littlest one O has had a temp, so I've been working from home. There is only so much I can do without my mail from work, so I've had lots of free time to work on some extras for our trip.

I've been spending some time on the DISigners board, and copied and changed invititations to meals, a journal for R to keep, the Epcot passport, a door hanger, mousekeeping envelopes and some t-shirt ideas. Now I just have to get rid of R so I can print them and take them to be bound. Thank goodness for the DISigners. I'd never have the time (or creativity) to get all that stuff done. Heck, I'm still working on our scrapbook from our 2008 trip (not to mention the cruise DH and I took for our anniversary this year!)

We have a leftover autograph book from our first trip that oldest DH didn't use (he was too "cool" for autographs) I think I may just change the cover on it and use it instead of making a new one.

On the home front it's been somewhat crazy. DD4 has been sick, DD13 has had soccer left and right (including extra practice to switch from defense to back in as goalie since their full time goalie got hurt at Mondays game....16 stitches!!) R's been talking nonstop about her trip. She got her school pictures back today. I'll have to scan it and post it.

We did go to the circus last weekend. A total last minute idea. The kids liked it. R got pulled out of the crowd by the jugglers, and one of them walked her in the middle of the 2 guys juggling bowling pins, had her stand there for a second, then walked her out. I was freaking out a little, but she was calm as could be.

ry%3D400

That makes me think La Nouba is the thing to do on our free night. However, my dad's best friend lives in Tampa and invited R and I to come out a day and spend the day on their boat if the weather is nice. Part of me just wants to stay at AKL and let R do the activities all day, but the lure of the ocean....... We might just have to see what the weather will be like.

So, my to-do list is going to start getting longer I think. As it stands today:

Decide on DME vs rental car
Place Garden Grocer order (or Publix stop if rental car)
Figure out how to surprise R with AKL
Figure out what, if anything, to do on free day
Print and bind journal/autograph book/Epcot passport
Print and envelope dinner/Pirate League invites
Make or order shirts for R
Buy new rechargeable batteries for camera
Decide on gift basket or custom cake (not doing both, so I have to pick)
Write note for school/email teacher
Complete packing list
$1 bills for mousekeeping tips in envelopes
tip money for dinner in envelopes

I'm sure I get to add to that as the days go on!

I'm in!

I hope you do go for the MVMCP on the 19th- I would love to 'accidentally' run into you while there!

Awesome report so far :cool1: I loved your last report...but I felt so bad for you :scared1: I'm sure this trip will be much better!!

Mother daughter trips are great! I always go with just my mom. I'm 16 and an only child. I've been 7 times. Almost every trip(except one) it's just been my mom and I. We have a blast together :goodvibes We've gone every year for the past 5 years. It's nice to have a week to ourselves. It's just the two of us at home(divorced parents) but it's good to get away without having to worry about work or school :)

She took me when I was 9. It was kind of a surprise...She told me she was taking me with her on a business trip to Charlotte(which happens a lot during my school vacations) but when we were making our connecting flight and I saw "Orlando" on the screen I figured it out. It's easier to surprise kids who can't read yet :lmao: We actually did go to Charlotte that trip too but after Disney. So she really didn't lie :rotfl:

You are getting all set! Soon you will be packing and heading out the door! (Leaving the rest of us waiting to hear all about it when you get back!)

yay!!!!!! You would love Cirque. I thought my dad would not enjoy the show when we went last march for my bday and he LOVED it. Loved is so much in fact that my Dmom, Ddad, Dbro, and I are going to see a Cirque show in Pittsburgh next month called Alegria (sp?). I need my disney fix up north so we're hoping the show can live up to La Nouba since we will not have time to see it while we're there in Dec.

I'm not sure how much you are looking to spend on a cake/basket but an idea for you..courtesy of my mom who did this for my birthday in March. She was looking into a flower basket and a cake for my Bday from CSR and ended up going with the lower end cake in price (about 25-30 bucks) and she went to disney florist.com and got me what they call "fairy godmother wand" which was a single rose decorated as a wand with pixie dust on it which was $30 so I got the best of both worlds!! and I still have the rose, it sits on my TV at my mom and dads house...just an idea??? If your interested in seeing the cake, if you click my thread at the bottom, go to the last page and you'll see it on one of my posts!!

Sounds like you have tons to keep you busy!!

Sorry I haven't updated lately, but I haven't been working much on our trip. DS13 tested positive for H1N1, and now R and I are home sick with him :( It actually hasn't been too bad. Hoping it stays that way!

Sorry I haven't updated lately, but I haven't been working much on our trip. DS13 tested positive for H1N1, and now R and I are home sick with him :( It actually hasn't been too bad. Hoping it stays that way!

Oh no!!! I hope you all feel better soon! My biggest fear is that one of us will get sick right before or during our trip again! (Happened the last two times!) One good thing is that you are still far enough out from your trip to get better before leaving! Here's something to make you better: :flower3:

I hope you do go for the MVMCP on the 19th- I would love to 'accidentally' run into you while there!

I'm still undecided on MVMCP or La Nouba, or maybe just doing nothing at all. I probably should make up my mind soon! I think from reading your pretrip we are planned at the same parks a few days, so I'm sure we'll run into each other!

Mother daughter trips are great! I always go with just my mom. :

I'm so glad you feel this way. I hope that R is going to love her mother/daughter trip too! Poor thing is surrounded by boys at home!

You are getting all set! Soon you will be packing and heading out the door! (Leaving the rest of us waiting to hear all about it when you get back!)

I'm so ready! I can't wait until I can pack or something. Right now I feel like we're just sitting on a this trip, you know?

and she went to disney florist.com and got me what they call "fairy godmother wand" which was a single rose decorated as a wand with pixie dust on it

I've looked at disneyflorist. I still have a while to decide, but I'm thinking about just getting a basket from memoriesbybetsy. Ugh, decisions!

My biggest fear is that one of us will get sick right before or during our trip again!

I'm so glad we are getting this out of the way now. At least I don't have to worry about catching it at WDW!

I think everyone here is slowly on the mend. It seems like it hasn't been as bad as the media has made it out to be, although it's definately not fun to have swine flu! It's given me some time to hang out on the couch with the laptop and work copying and spacing R's Epcot passport, invititations, journal and autograph books I got from the Creative DISign thread. I'm going to try and print it while R is upstairs resting so I can at least mark those things off my list!

I think what I've decided to do for her surprise is just tell her we can't check into CBR, so we're going to go to AKL to look around. I'm going to type out a note for security gate that we are checking in but DD doesn't know it yet. Then hopefully I can do another one for check in, and send her off to watch TV and tell her I need to ask some questions at the desk. Technically not lying, right? I'd love for her not to know we are staying there until we let ourselves in the room. I may never be able to drag her away from the balcony to go to the parks!

I'm still undecided on MVMCP or La Nouba, or maybe just doing nothing at all. I probably should make up my mind soon! I think from reading your pretrip we are planned at the same parks a few days, so I'm sure we'll run into each other!

Oh I just saw that! I hope we run into each other, for sure. Maybe we'll have to make SURE we do... ;)

I hope you are going to have your camera ready for when you first get in the room and catch the expression on her face! It will be priceless and a great memory!

Oh I just saw that! I hope we run into each other, for sure. Maybe we'll have to make SURE we do... ;)

Just look for the frazzled mom with curly hair being drug around by a skinny girl in glasses!

I hope you are going to have your camera ready for when you first get in the room and catch the expression on her face! It will be priceless and a great memory!

I told DH I wish he was going, so one of us could record and the other could take pictures! I can't do both!!

:banana:
!!!!45 DAYS!!!!
:woohoo:

So, I'm quite the happy camper today. I just happened to log on and see the Buy 4 Get 3 free deal. I wasn't sure if it would help us since we had the 40% off code, but I thought I'd try. I got the most wonderful CM who worked numbers all kinds of different ways, and found that by booking a 7 night stay with the B4G3, and then using our 40% off code for the rest of our stay, it saves us almost $200! Color this budget mommy very very happy!

AND, I got a sudden inspiration today and realized that we have a binding machine in our office, which means I can bind R's journals, passport and autograph books for free (minus tipping in a little money for the supplies!) I want to have them all done this week so I can mark that off my list!

Our weekend was quiet. I spent the weekend disinfecting our house. I believe everyone is on the upswing. DS13 went back to school today. I kept R home one more day just because she was still having some "stomach issues". I'm so ready to get back in our regular schedule! R is happy to be well so she doesn't miss her field trip on Thursday!

Just look for the frazzled mom with curly hair being drug around by a skinny girl in glasses!

Likewise, I'll be the Mom pushing two pink strollers toting a husband with a video camera and three girls looking anxious. :rotfl:

Glad your house is healthy again! Congrats on the extra discount! I saw that new offer and was thinking about seeing if it would benefit me. But, I don't really think it will since we are doing split stay. But, we'll see!

Likewise, I'll be the Mom pushing two pink strollers toting a husband with a video camera and three girls looking anxious. :rotfl:

Oh, how happy I am that I don't have to push a stroller around this trip (although, I'm going to miss the space to dump all my crap!

Glad your house is healthy again! Congrats on the extra discount! I saw that new offer and was thinking about seeing if it would benefit me. But, I don't really think it will since we are doing split stay. But, we'll see!

When I ran it for our full stay, it was more expensive, but just doing the Buy 4 and then the 40% off, it worked. The only thing is we have to check out and check back in, and according to the CM "they can't guarantee we can stay in the same room"??????????? From what I've read, no one has ever had to change, and we better not have to!

It's a lovely, cold rainy dreary day in Indiana today :rolleyes:. Standing outside Tuesday at DS13's soccer game, all I could think of was going to FL. :laughing: Of course, last time I went to FL, it was warmer here than it was there!

Our custom maps arrived today. Those are always so fun!

Today I was "working" from home, and printed our R's Epcot passport. Last night I printed and folded tip envelopes while watching Criminal Minds. I've also ordered new Teva Mush (oh how I love my Tevas) and updated my packing list. I'm at this weird "too far away to do anything but too close NOT to do anything" stage :)

Updating my to-do list

Decide on DME vs rental car Done, car rental reserved
Place Garden Grocer order order entered, just need to place and pay
Figure out how to surprise R with AKL
Figure out what, if anything, to do on free day play at AKL that day, La Nouba, MVMCP that night??
Print journal/autograph book/Epcot passport Passport printed, journal laid out and waiting on new ink cartridge
bind journal/autograph book/Epcot passport
Print tip envelopes and dinner invites done
Print Pirate League invite
Make or order shirts for R (matching shirts if I make them??)
Buy new rechargeable batteries for camera
Decide on gift basket or custom cake ordered basket from memoriesbybetsy.com last night

Write note for school/email teacher (sent a heads up last week, send reminder 2 weeks before)
Complete packing list
$1 bills for mousekeeping tips in envelopes
tip money for dinner in envelopes
make day by day calendar for DH while I'm gone so he doesn't forget to pick up kids from various activities!

We had a split reservations at AKL last Dec. Come to think of it, I can't even remember why but I have a feeling it had to do with my CM DDP and having to add it for 1/2 the stay because of the avalible dates..but anyways, we were able to staying in our same room-Savanah View with BB for all the 5 days. I would say unless the resort it 100% booked (not likely until Xmas week) you should be fine!!! Just verify with them when you check in and I'm sure they will go to that little back *magic* room and come back out and say everything is fine!!

Oh...I hope you get to keep your same room! It may be a pain to have switch. But, no matter what, you will be in Disney at AKL!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyways, we were able to staying in our same room-Savanah View with BB for all the 5 days.

That's good to hear!

Oh...I hope you get to keep your same room! It may be a pain to have switch. But, no matter what, you will be in Disney at AKL!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't be horrible to have to move since it's just R and I, but I'm still hoping we get to stay put!

So, my OCD just wouldn't leave me alone, and I did some tweaking. I rearranged days and times for our Crystal Palace and 1900 ressies, and bought MVMCP tickets. I really was debating, but we've never been at Christmas and the party just kept calling my name :laughing: Plus, it was the cheapest night time option I had on my list. I made a 4:30 ADR for Crystal Palace on party night, so we can get in at 4 with our party ticket and eat with Pooh before the party. R thinks it's cool to stay at MK until midnight for MNSSHP, so I'm sure she'll love going to the Christmas party. So, mark "make plans for off day" off my to-do list!

I moved our 1900 dinner to our MK night. This was R's only request other than Chef Mickey's, and when I made ressies, I couldn't get 1900. She has no idea I finallhy got it. I made it at 5 which should give us time to get back to MK for our first ever viewing of Spectro (minus a few glimpses I had on our first trip as we were trying to leave the park!)

Today I found t-shirts on clearance at Target for $2.98 in R's size, so I bought 4 to make tshirts. I bought some rhinestone sayings in Disney font on ebay (Birthday Girl and It's My Birthday) and ordered her a couple of embroidered shirts from etsy. I'll make the last 2 from iron ons and we'll be set. I can mark half the "Make/order shirts" off my list.

And I got an email back from Memories by Betsy, and here is what she's putting in R's basket

Singing Birthday Minnie Plush
Birthday Ears w/name
Mickey Activity Kit (papers, markers, stickers)
WDW Beach Towel
AKL T-shirt (youth - Medium?)

I'm starting to get ridiculously excited and I can't really share it. R doesn't know anything other than she's going, and I don't want to talk about it at home in front of the other kids or DH (who don't care at all, I just feel guilty!)
I'm so glad I have this place to share or I would bust! We leave next month!! :woohoo:

I've always wanted to go around Christmas but I'm still in high school and my mom doesn't like taking me out for more than 1 or 2 days(especially since I'm a junior. Most important year!) so the only time we could go would be during Christmas break which would be REALLY crowded! So our Christmas Disney trip will have to wait a few years :confused3

Sounds like you guys are going to have an awesome mother daughter trip!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter