Recommended sites/guides for San Diego Zoo and Sea World?

DoleWhipAndHubGrass

Earning My Ears
Are they any recommended/ trusted sites on Sea World San Diego or the San Diego Zoo in terms of tips, tricks, "touring plans", etc? I'm planning a trip to San Diego this September and I am having a hard time finding reliable information about these parks.

Thanks!!!

I went to San Diego zoo last November without an itinerary. Before that I had gone in 2016. Last November there were no pandas. When I asked about it the reply we got was that they still had red pandas. Lol. In 2016 I went without kids and we ate at a really nice sit down restaurant with a treehouse feel

There isn't much to plan, especially at Sea World. It's a pretty small park. And sometimes rides don't open every day, so there's not a lot you can plan ahead of knowing what will even be open (especially in the off seasons).

The zoo is something you can just wander around and explore.

There isn't much to plan, especially at Sea World. It's a pretty small park. And sometimes rides don't open every day, so there's not a lot you can plan ahead of knowing what will even be open (especially in the off seasons).

The zoo is something you can just wander around and explore.
Thanks! I was reviewing all the options at Seaworld. They have their version of Fastpass and I see conflicting views on whether it is worth it or not. I mean it's only $20 in September, so it's not much of an investment in the long scheme of things. We're going to Disneyland for the first time at the end of the trip, so I will save the intense planning for those days.

Thanks again!

Yes, the giant pandas returned to China in 2018. Sea World, Zoo, and Safari Park are all good places to go to, and easy to plan. For the Zoo and Safari Park, look at their websites and plan what animals you want to see. Sea World is mostly shows and roller coaster, and it seems like the animal exhibits are being phased out.

Recommendation on tickets though would be the 3 for 1 from the Zoo or Safari Park. It covers 1 visit to each park over a 7 day period. City Pass is also a good one, but buy through there website. if there is a problem with your tickets, the parks are limited on what they can do to help you.

Yes, the giant pandas returned to China in 2018. Sea World, Zoo, and Safari Park are all good places to go to, and easy to plan. For the Zoo and Safari Park, look at their websites and plan what animals you want to see. Sea World is mostly shows and roller coaster, and it seems like the animal exhibits are being phased out.

Recommendation on tickets though would be the 3 for 1 from the Zoo or Safari Park. It covers 1 visit to each park over a 7 day period. City Pass is also a good one, but buy through there website. if there is a problem with your tickets, the parks are limited on what they can do to help you.
Thanks! I know, I wish I could have seen the pandasss!! But that's okay, the place is huge and I can't wait to just journey around and see what it has in store for me. I've been looking into the City/Explorer passes, and you make your money back pretty quickly if you plan it correctly, so I think I'm gonna do that. Thanks again so much for the info!!

Thanks! I know, I wish I could have seen the pandasss!! But that's okay, the place is huge and I can't wait to just journey around and see what it has in store for me. I've been looking into the City/Explorer passes, and you make your money back pretty quickly if you plan it correctly, so I think I'm gonna do that. Thanks again so much for the info!!
Just remember with the City Pass is consecutive days when planning your days. We have to have people contact City Pass daily because they did not realize it was consecutive. I do work at the Zoo, and deal with ticketing issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!