Recommended (Affordable) Table Service

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
We're coming so Disneyland with myself, DH and our two kids (12 and 8 when we come).
DH is a meat eater. Our kids like typical kids food and my DS12 is super picky (so chicken fingers, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, pizza is probably what he'll eat at Disney). I don't eat meat, but eat fish/seafood and like pasta, sandwiches (more American/Italian food).

When we came to WDW we were on the dining plan and so booked one sit down meal a day...usually dinner as this was a good time to put our feet up and relax for a bit after a day of walking (plus we like our big meal for dinner). Having said that, we're coming end of August so we're open to lunch too, if we need a break to get out of the heat.

We're on more of a budget at Disneyland (so forget Blue Bayou or Napa Rose), so we might not have sit down meal all 5 nights, but are looking for a couple suggestion. We may do Goofy's Kitchen for one of our nights.

Any recommendations? From menus, I've noted Carnation Cafe and La Brae Bakery.
And as a second question, anything nearby outside of the park on Harbor?

Last edited:
Other than Denny's, the closest place on Harbor is probably Mimi's. Also check Anaheim GardenWalk. If you see a menu and it's what you consider affordable, you might get better reviews than suggestions without a budget. Is DTD out? You didn't mention anyplace other than La Brea there.

Earl of Sandwich is great on a budget but it's just a sandwich shop not TS. It's right there as you exit the monorail in DtD. Cafe Orleans is as affordable as DLR TS gets, imho, because 4 people can split 2 Monte Cristos. CS meals at DL are often splittable. Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn & the Penne Pasta are dishes I've split in the past there with adults.
Not to be bearer of bad news but in all honesty there just isn't "affordable" table service at DLR. There are signature restaurants, BB/Napa/S55/Carthay, and the rest are table service which is the next price bracket down & all priced pretty similarly. In order to afford a TS meal we used to cut back on breakfast by including it w/ hotel or bringing our own to eat in the room. That only got us one onsite TS but it was a nice treat! Also bring your own water bottles and/or ask for ice water at the CS places. (You don't have to buy anything to get ice water!)

Earl of Sandwich is great on a budget but it's just a sandwich shop not TS. It's right there as you exit the monorail in DtD. Cafe Orleans is as affordable as DLR TS gets, imho, because 4 people can split 2 Monte Cristos. CS meals at DL are often splittable. Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn & the Penne Pasta are dishes I've split in the past there with adults.
Not to be bearer of bad news but in all honesty there just isn't "affordable" table service at DLR. There are signature restaurants, BB/Napa/S55/Carthay, and the rest are table service which is the next price bracket down & all priced pretty similarly. In order to afford a TS meal we used to cut back on breakfast by including it w/ hotel or bringing our own to eat in the room. That only got us one onsite TS but it was a nice treat! Also bring your own water bottles and/or ask for ice water at the CS places. (You don't have to buy anything to get ice water!)

Thanks...I guess by affordable, I don't mean cheap, but am excluding the signature restaurants since you'll often see recommendations for Blue Bayou, Steakhouse, etc. I forgot the 'signature' term when writing the post.

Our hotel has breakfast so we're good there. And we won't be eating at McDonalds for every meal either...so just meant normal dinner meal...I guess in range of $15-20 is ok as I'm only looking for 1-2 table service meals on top of Goofy's Kitchen. (We're spending 5 nights at Disney and also 4 nights in LA so trying overall to make our trip affordable - saving with some things, spending on others).

Other than Denny's, the closest place on Harbor is probably Mimi's. Also check Anaheim GardenWalk. If you see a menu and it's what you consider affordable, you might get better reviews than suggestions without a budget. Is DTD out? You didn't mention anyplace other than La Brea there.

Anything Disney works...the parks, resorts, or downtown disney. We'll have a park hopper so don't need to worry about coordinating a place in the park with a specific night. From what I understand, downtown and resorts are all within walking distance so not a big deal to head off to one of them.

The Garden Walk has a lot of big chain restaurants like PF Changs and Cheescake Factory as well as a wok style restaurant called Fire & Ice. DTD has a decent Mexican restaurant and the Rainforest Café and ESPN Zone and a pizza place too.

If you like pizza, Naples in DTD is great. We have to go there at least once a trip! They also have a CS component (Napolini), if you want something quicker.

We like Carnation Cafe! Definitely go wherever you like the menu, it's hard to wrong that way! (Do make reservations or you can get stuck with a long wait.)

We like Storyteller's Cafe at the DGC Hotel. Not a character lunch or dinner.....menu at lunch and choice of buffet or menu at dinner.
You can check out the menus on the DL site under dining. Lots of choices depending on what you are in the mood for! As previously stated many counter service places have great choices as well......Paradise Garden Grill in DCA, Jolly Holiday in DL, Plaza Inn, French Market, etc.

ESPN Zone
Naples
Uva Bar
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

Those are our go to TS. We also have picky kids. These places are great!

Otherwise stick to CS. Disneyland CS is really good! I like Flos V8 Cafe, Smokejumpers Grill, Rancho del Zocalo, French Market, and Plaza Inn the best. Pizza Port has great salads and pasta dishes (and pizza as well). Your husband would probably enjoy Bengal BBQ.

Carnation Cafe is a great lunch/dinner spot as well.

Thanks for the replies. I'm noting the suggestions, both at Disney and offsite.
Forgot that cheesecake factory is best by. We're from Canada and recently discovered that place in Buffalo.

Another vote for Rainforest Cafe in DTD. The prices are pretty moderate (within your $15-$20/range) and although it's not exactly Disney, it's got it's own themeing that's pretty well done and fun for kids. You can make a reservation or just walk-up; there may be a wait but you'll not be turned away. Have a fun trip! :wave2:

I know you said TS, but there really are a LOT of very good CS meals at DLR, especially in the parks. Flo's, Plaza Inn, the list goes on and on.

I second Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel for a lunch or dinner for table service. My family has always had great meals there and excellent service. We have tried Carnation Cafe a couple of times for lunch with reservations and seem to get poor service there which is a bummer. Also I agree with other posters that the counter service places in DL are very good places to get a nice meal and relax. Rancho del Zocalo, Plaza Inn, and the French Market all serve meals buffeteria style where you go through the line with your tray and they serve you the food and then you pay and find a table. There is no server waiting on you but all three places have good food, nice atmosphere and your food is served on real dishes with silverware so if you are looking for something that feels like a step up from a hot dog or burger in a paper wrapper then these places might suite the bill. Flo's V8 Cafe in CA park also serves the food on real dishes. That said a good sandwich at Jolly Holiday or burger from Hungry Bear also fits the bill when you are tired and hungry and looking to relax while enjoying some good bird/people watching. Another *new* table service place is Riverbelle Terrace. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet but you might find some reviews on this board.

Marri's Pizza at 1194 Katella Ave. They deliver to all of the local hotels --> http://www.marrispizza.com/. Prices are REALLY affordable and 1 meal can feed 2 adults. We ate there 2 yr ago and spent $40 for the 4 of us.

I totally agree with this. During our past three visits we've had dinner delivered to our hotel (twice) and eaten lunch in the restaurant. Family owned, HUGE portions, at a great price.

Do you guys like Chinese? There is a chinese buffet about five minutes down Katella that was pretty good. It had a ton of what looked like mainly locals. We've been there on two different trips now. A lot of variety and it was pretty fresh as it is busy and there was a lot of turn over.

We love Cafe Orleans. It's our favorite TS in the parks. The younger kids usually get Mac & cheese off the kids menu. Then we get a Monte Cristo (or two) and several orders of Pommes Frites for the rest of us to share. Portions are big enough to split and save a little money.

Another vote for Rainforest Cafe in DTD. The prices are pretty moderate (within your $15-$20/range) and although it's not exactly Disney, it's got it's own themeing that's pretty well done and fun for kids. You can make a reservation or just walk-up; there may be a wait but you'll not be turned away. Have a fun trip! :wave2:

Ah yes...have been to Rainforest Cafe as it used to be in our city. Food ok but fun place.

I know you said TS, but there really are a LOT of very good CS meals at DLR, especially in the parks. Flo's, Plaza Inn, the list goes on and on.

Yes, we will be looking at CS too (dinner, lunch). Just focusing on finding a couple TS first. Plaza Inn is quick service?

Thanks..have noted Cafe Orleans and the CS spots too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter