recommendations for restaurants within the parks?

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
It's been quite a while since we've been to Disney and was wondering now where would be some good places for our family to eat within the parks. We have three boys (ages 11,14 & 17) We are open to anything. Oldest son is a big eater and loves icecream!! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Wanted to let everyone know that we'll be staying at AKL and the BCR so if there's any restaurants here that are not to be missed, let me know. Thanks.

In MK if you want a buffet Crystal Palace is really good and it has Pooh and friends as a bonus. For a sit down I would recommend the Plaza restaurant. Good sandwiches (big, too!) and great ice cream.

Walking distance from EPCOT is Beaches and Cream, they have great burgers and chili dogs and wonderful ice cream.

At the Studios, I like 50s PrimeTime Cafe, most of the portions are large (3 pieces of fried chicken at dinner) and they have large ice cream sundaes and my personal favorite S'mores (a plate full of graham crackers with melted chocolate and toasted marsmallows).

You can get a meal deal at AK which gives you a few options and also a snack for later at a very reasonable price.

The Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club is one of my families favorite meals. They have a little bit of everything. Beaches and Cream is also located there.

Have fun!

In MK, the only sit-down for us is the Plaza Rest. Other than that, we most likely eat counter service and save our money for...

MGM-The Brown Derby. This is our favorite "park" restaurant. It's such a neat place, elegant, a great break from the park. The Cobb Salad is our favorite dish. It's not for everyone, I've seen many families walk in, get seated, and then get up and leave. My 12 yr old LOVES this place.

Epcot-Rose & Crown-great party atmosphere; again, a nice rest from the park. Very good, always consistent, pub food. Lots of people try to get an outside seat for illuminations.

AK-We haven't tried anything except the Tusker House (BEST counter service at Disney) and Rainforest Cafe (we only ate there because we had a gift card-didn't like it!!)

Beach Club-Another vote for Cape May Cafe!! We usually eat 1 breakfast buffet and 1 dinner buffet each trip. I've never eaten at Beaches & Cream, but I read great reviews on this board and maybe we'll get to try if we can get past the entrance to Cape May Cafe!

Of course these are just opinions and we still have MANY places left to try. I hope this helps!

Ive recently noticed that most of our favorite restaurants are in the resorts and not in the parks. However, we do really enjoy Mama Melrose which is in MGM and we make it a point to eat there every trip. And while its not sit down, no trip is complete without a visit to the Main St Bake Shop for breakfast. ;)

We LOVE this place. It is all you can eat served family style. It is also a character meal that has chip, dale, pluto, and MICKEY!! We love the food, and go at lunch to save some $$ (the menu is the same as at dinner). We do not like waiting in a LOOOONG line to see MM, so this way we can relax, have a great meal, and spend alot more time with the characters than we would have gotten to in a regular character meet and greet. Plus...it is a nice break in an air conditioned room in the middle of the day!!!LOL!!!:sunny:

Thank you to all who responded. When would be a good time to make PS at Rose and Crown for the illuminations show? Not sure when illuminations starts. Also, I've heard of a character ice cream social-anyone have any info or comments on this. Would it be too babyish for my 11, 14 &17yr old? Just a thought since my 17yr old loves ice cream. Thanks to all who've responded!!

When at MK, we always have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, The turkey dinner is great as is the burger.

There are many fine places at Epcot. We love the fish and chips from the Rose and Crown. LeCellier has a very good steak.

Our lunch place at MGM is 50's Prime Time. I usually get the pot roast. The fried chicken is very good, also. DD loves their milkshakes.

Since you will be at the Beach Club, you MUST go to Beaches and Cream. The arcade is right next door, something your guys will want to check out. They have the best burgers and best ice cream at WDW.

Across the lake form the BC is the Boardwalk. There is an ice cream shop there, too.

Here is a link to Deb's site with some info and reviews of the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grille. To me, it might be a bit young for your gang.

http://allearsnet.com/din/rev_ics.htm

All good choices here. It seem's when I'm at EPCOT waiting on the fireworks, I always stop by Cantina de San Angel in the Mexico pavillion for a burrito. I really like their food. Also for a dessert/snack, check out the Beaver Tails in Canada.

Since you haven't been to WDW in a while, a good web site that list menus for park and resort restaurants is http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm . Have fun!

Illuminations usually starts around 9:00 pm. A good time for PS would be between 7:30-8:00. You can request an outside seat when you make your PS, however, it is not guaranteed. When you check in, again request the outside table. If you're lucky and get it, that's terrific. Many people have had serious meltdowns when they get there and find out it wasn't guaranteed. Good luck!

we were pleasantly suprised by the biergaten ( epcot, Germany). the food was good and it 's a buffet so it would fill those teen aged boys up. we sat at a table with 2 other couples so they might sit a family your size by themselves, not sure.

we love brown derby but not sure about large enough portion sizes ( just thinking of my hubby's younger brothers, skinny as rails but could eat a side of beef at a sitting!) same with le cellier they might need a snack later:) ! the portions are large enough for us to split normally but depends on the appetite ...although they could fill up on the bread sticks at lecellier at least

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter