Recommendation for place to have dinner and watch cruise ships sail in PC

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to have dinner and watch the cruise ships sail. I have heard of Grills and Fishlips and was thinking of one or the other of those. Any recommendations or advice gratefully received.

any of the places along Glen Cheek

The most popular are Grills, Rustys and Fishlips

all have outside seating right along side the channel; all have a similar casual atmosphere and similar entertainment in the evenging and afternoon on weekends.

Decision is really just local personal preference for anyone who's been to all of them. I prefer Grills but I can't give a STRONG reason why; we just prefer the menu there.

Millikan's is also in this group - it is the wester most location - and the prices were higher last time I looked.

Not sure if you'll see any sailing at dinnertime though, but you can definitely see the port areas.

We went to fish lips at about 4pm and got a spot on the deck. 3-5pm (I think) is happy hour so drinks and food were a great price, we went on a Thursday and watched an RCL ship and DCL Dream sailaway.

We had a great dinner

We've eaten at both Rusty's and Grills. Both were fine but if forced to decide I'd take Rusty's.

I will try and time our dinner with the ships sailing. Is it possible to go to these places just for drinks? Also we were thinking of staying at Ron Jon Caribe resort possibly .... does anyone know if you can you walk to the dock side restaurants from there? Thanks.

the cruise ships tend to sail 'tween 4:30 and 5 ... all over by 5:30
(ships making PC as a port call stay later into the night)

just for drinks is A OK .... they do a good happy hour crowd

RCJ to these places is only about a mile but thru heavy industrial area not set up for walking. I would very much NOT recommend it.

the cruise ships tend to sail 'tween 4:30 and 5 ... all over by 5:30
(ships making PC as a port call stay later into the night)

just for drinks is A OK .... they do a good happy hour crowd

RCJ to these places is only about a mile but thru heavy industrial area not set up for walking. I would very much NOT recommend it.

Thanks for your info. Looking at it on google street maps there seem to be walkways along the side of the road between Ron Jon Caribe and Grills so it looks ok to walk to be honest ... on google directions it should take about 27 mins to walk it which is nothing for us as we walk all the time. We can work up an appetite for those coconut shrimp ! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We ate near the water at Fishlips around 5pm and saw two ships go right by us.

I can't wait to wave like crazy at those lucky folks on the cruise ships ... and I won't be even slightly envious .... but only because we will be cruising out of the channel on the Disney Magic EBTA the following day and will be waving at the folks in the restaurants :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for your info. Looking at it on google street maps there seem to be walkways along the side of the road between Ron Jon Caribe and Grills so it looks ok to walk to be honest ... on google directions it should take about 27 mins to walk it which is nothing for us as we walk all the time. We can work up an appetite for those coconut shrimp ! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

don't mind me

I just live here

worked in the port for a couple of years

and drive the area regularly

yes there is a sidewalk along George King Blvd.

daylight maybe

but don't try it after dark . . . this is industrial area, you will not see other people (not ones you want to see anyway) and after dark there will be little vehicle traffic. During daylight most traffic will be industrial.

don't mind me

I just live here

worked in the port for a couple of years

and drive the area regularly

yes there is a sidewalk along George King Blvd.

daylight maybe

but don't try it after dark . . . this is industrial area, you will not see other people (not ones you want to see anyway) and after dark there will be little vehicle traffic. During daylight most traffic will be industrial.

I do appreciate your input, the best kind of information comes from locals and if you say it is a bit of a dodgy area after dark we will grab a taxi back to the hotel. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter