Recommend places to stay on I-95 in Georgia or Florida on the way to Disney World

ddawnmommy

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this is the best place for this thread, but our family is headed to Disney World in June and we are looking for a good, but not too expensive place to stay for one night a few hours from Disney World. Any suggestions are welcomed.

St. Augustine, FL is a nice area w/ outlet malls and a Charleston like vibe. They have all levels of hotels here.

We drive from NC to Disney all the time. We usually leave late Friday afternoon and guess where we are going to stop for the night. We either stay at the north end of GA or in Jville. It really depends on the time we leave in the afternoon. It really comes down to how far down you want to get and how much driving you want to do the next morning. One time we stayed at a place with beds so hard I couldn't sleep. Got there at 10PM. After 3 hours not able to sleep, I tossed DW and DD in the car at 2AM. They woke up as we pulled into the parking lot of DHS.

We stayed in a nice Holiday inn once in Jacksonville. We've had luck in Santee, GA, too. On our last trip we made it to Jax in record time so we drove right to Disney. I'm hoping to do that again in August. :)

If you are just looking to stay the night and then get back on the road, the Motel 6 in Kingsland, GA (exit 3) is VERY cheap and surprisingly, one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in.

We did well in St Augustine, FL on our drive trip down, and Florence, SC on our drive trip home. We found clean hotels that didn't break the bank, close to highway and food options.

We love driving from NC and almost always stay in Northern Jacksonville the first night and then get up early and head on in the next morning. It allows for some great time in the parks with us being rested. There are a good number of mid range hotels and places to eat.

Not sure if this is the best place for this thread, but our family is headed to Disney World in June and we are looking for a good, but not too expensive place to stay for one night a few hours from Disney World. Any suggestions are welcomed.
We've stayed at The Hampton in Palm Coast, Fl right off 95. Right back on 95 the next moring with a 2 hr trip to Disney Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter