Reception at the Living Seas

TheSawas

Bride Ears
Hey all!

Our wedding lady (sorry, don't know what they're called . . . coordinator?) has suggested to DF and I to use The Living Seas pirate: for a reception for several reasons such as; approx. 50 guests, private reception, unique "Disney" location (DF's request) . . .

I have never been to Epcot (I always spend my time at the MK, hehehe) and know very little about the Living Seas pirate: (other than what I saw in an episode of Full house, hehehe). Has anyone had their reception at the Living Seas? Anyone ever dined there? Any photographs? ANY information would be so helpful.

I'm anticipating some potential problems for the Living Seas pirate: would be no DJ (I wouldn't think so) and heavy restrictions on favors and centerpieces since the location is inside a theme park. While I am flexible on reception location DF is being picky about this. Help please.

Jenny

This is where my DF and I are going to have our reception. We love saltwater fish so much we have 4 tanks in our home :rotfl: so this was the perfect place for us. We just went for our site visit this December and took these pics. I'm sorry if they're a little dark. The wood in the room just makes it so pretty. We don't even think it needs much decorating at all. I saw a video from someone's reception a while back and they had a DJ in the Living Seas. They didn't have the dance floor put down. They just danced on the carpet.
We visited it right after a reception had taken place so that's why there's some christmas type stuff around.
IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

This is the cocktail area.

IMG_0643.jpg

This is really the only thing I didn't like about it. I forgot to ask my SM if this was always set up like this or not. We're not having a sea themed wedding so this really wouldn't go with it.

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

I hope these help you a little in making your decision :goodvibes There are some other pics on the disney wedding website that you might wanna check out.

there are also af ew threads on this board with pics of the LS set-up. I had my reception there and for us it was our dream location. we saw it on a disney tour and new it was the place for us. your coordinator is right it is a unique location.

We had a Dj with 80 guests and we danced the night away on the carpeted floors. NO dance floor needed. The sound was great.

WOW! I knew I could count on the great people here at the boards for help! I had been looking at pictures from various Disney websites and wasn't seeing anything that showed a wedding reception set up or even a good angle.

Namsupak: Thank you for sharing your pictures! I appreciate it ever so much! :worship: I don't think that most of the potential reception sites need much as far as deceorating is concerned but I come from a crafty family and I swear I have been thinking about centerpieces since I was 10 years old hehehe (every girl dreams of her wedding day, eh?). Very nice to see LS through another bride's eyes.

Luvndisney: I don't dance much and DF doesn't really like music (weird, yeah?) but DF and I have never ever had our first dance and at this point we're saving it for our wedding day. I also didn't want to worry about guests being bored so let them dance the night away. Your wedding looked beautiful and like you had so much fun. I'll be dreaming about my own wedding at the LS tonight. Thank you so much for sharing your special day. :hug:

Jenny

It does look so great! Thanks for the pictures as this is where I'm planning for our reception to be and I wanted to see more pictures than those available on the disneywedding website. :goodvibes

Wow! Y'all . . . thank you so much! I am flattered at how helpful you all are to a stranger. You're good people.:grouphug:

NeverlandClub23: Shall a time ever come when I have photographs or information to offer I'd be more than happy to extend some help to you as well. :)

happylalagirl : This message gets posted and I am off to have a look at your pics and video . . . I'll be sharing the information with my mother as well. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

:grouphug:
You girls are great!

Jenny

I have never been to Epcot (I always spend my time at the MK, hehehe) and know very little about the Living Seas pirate: (other than what I saw in an episode of Full house, hehehe).

that episode is on right now, I'm watching popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter