Recent visits to 50s Prime Time

Put away the walkie-talkie!

They wre still doing it the forst week of March past.
The fried chicken and milk shakes are still great!

Ask for the P. B & J milkshake. I love the stuff you learn to ask for that's not on the menu. Thanks DISboards!

I wonder if there's a thread for such secret 'off-the-menu' gems.

Isn't the PB&J shake still on the menu? I hope so.

DW and I were there last week. Memory was our server and she was in full character mode. We both got stickers for the clean plate club. I asked her why some servers didn't do the role. She answered, kinda whistfully, that some people just want to serve food and others want to serve the customers.
On the other side of the wall, another server was doing the "airplane into the hanger" routine with a mom and dad and green beans.

I had some fun with Mike one time. After he chided us for not visiting that often, I asked: "Why is it that everytime I ask about coming down to visit you mom starts crying and dad just shakes his head?" He had a ball with that.

We're going next month for the 1st time & I'm hoping we get an interactive server. My DW is not a fan of green beans. Any tips? Hee Hee Hee

We went early last December. Our server was very toned down, although she did do the schtick to some extent. I thought it might be because DD is only 5 and she was worried about upsetting her. (We noticed that when DD was 3 and 4, the Stepsisters and Stepmother at 1900 Park Fare would tone it down around her too). She didn't need to worry because DD is loud and outgoing, and would have thought it was hilarious. She was pleasant and friendly though.

The Pot Roast and Fried Chicken are both fantastic. The meatloaf so-so. They have a sampler platter with all three of these if you want to try a little of them all.

Our biggest problem was the table and service time wait. We got seated somewhere between a half hour and an hour after our ADR (I want to say it was closer to an hour). Then we had another over 20 minute wait at our table before anyone came by to greet us or take our drink order. We were ready to order food, but that person wasn't ready to take our Order, so it was about another 10 minutes before we even got to order our food. We will try it again because the food was good and the place was fun, but if we have another experience like that it will be our last time there.

We went early last December. Our server was very toned down, although she did do the schtick to some extent. I thought it might be because DD is only 5 and she was worried about upsetting her. (We noticed that when DD was 3 and 4, the Stepsisters and Stepmother at 1900 Park Fare would tone it down around her too). She didn't need to worry because DD is loud and outgoing, and would have thought it was hilarious. She was pleasant and friendly though.

The Pot Roast and Fried Chicken are both fantastic. The meatloaf so-so. They have a sampler platter with all three of these if you want to try a little of them all.

Our biggest problem was the table and service time wait. We got seated somewhere between a half hour and an hour after our ADR (I want to say it was closer to an hour). Then we had another over 20 minute wait at our table before anyone came by to greet us or take our drink order. We were ready to order food, but that person wasn't ready to take our Order, so it was about another 10 minutes before we even got to order our food. We will try it again because the food was good and the place was fun, but if we have another experience like that it will be our last time there.

We went last November. We had a similar experience to the above poster. We waited quite a while to be seated. I would guess 30 minutes or more. When we were seated, it was probably 15 minutes before we saw our waiter. He said he would be with us soon; it was another 10-15 till he took our drink orders. It was some time before we actually got them and then we had to wait again to have our order taken.

He was a very friendly server, but he was excruciatingly sloooooow. He didn't do any of the funny stuff. Another server in the room (maybe Judy?) was hilarious. She was giving all her tables a hard time. Our server played back and forth with her a little bit. It was really funny and good-natured teasing. She was really into her role too (very serious).

I had a chocolate shake, pot roast, and boston creme dessert. You had to roll me out of there! It was so good.

We were there a really long time b/c of our slow server. Our kids were all pretty good, but our toddler, who normally eats slow, was long finished, and very antsy at the end. I had to take him out before my DH even got the bill.

All said, it was an enjoyable meal, and I plan to go back on our next trip!

So, I think your mileage may vary depending on your server. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!