Recent stays at Best Western Park Place Inn or Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn?

What kind of things are they serving for the hot breakfast? Is the grab and go mainly muffins? Is the breakfast area crowded? Do they start breakfast early enough for rope drop?

What kind of things are they serving for the hot breakfast? Is the grab and go mainly muffins? Is the breakfast area crowded? Do they start breakfast early enough for rope drop?
Breakfast potatoes, sausage, eggs, fruit cups, apples, oranges, croissants, granola bars, danish, uncrustables... At the Park Place, breakfast starts at 6:30, not sure about Anaheim Inn.

At Anaheim Inn, they have plenty of space (even a balcony area outside the main room, which is smaller) and they open at 6 or 6:30am daily. We always eat with plenty of time before we go to the parks.

The hot food changed daily, eggs, chorizo, potatoes, bacon, oatmeal. The prepackaged muffins were awful, croissants ok. Fresh fruit or prepackaged fruit cups; string cheese; packaged hard boiled eggs; granola bars, Nutrigrain bars. Lots of choices. Breakfast starts at 6:30, plenty of time to get there for rope drop.

I just wanted to pop in with an update about Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. We stayed there for 2 nights last week and loved it. It was so convenient! Timed 2 minutes to the crosswalk. 12 minutes from our room door to inside the gates at Disneyland after going through security.
I always hear people talk about the hotels that are "right across the crosswalk" and those do look nice, but we liked how BWPAI was set back from all the crowds of people waiting to cross the street, and the people trying to sell you light up balloons etc. We did see a few homeless people on the walk in the evening. They didn't try to talk to us or ask us for anything.

The beds were super comfortable, we didn't hear any street noise at all, the AC was great, breakfast was plentiful with lots of choices. The breakfast room attendant serves the food for you and we were allowed to take it back to our room.

We were in the family suite, which has a bedroom with 1 king bed plus a second bedroom with 2 queens. The suite had 1 bathroom, 2 small tables and 4 chairs. The bathroom had plenty of storage shelves, lots of towels and a ton of bath products.

The only thing we didn't like was that there was no door between the 2 bedrooms, which made changing clothes tricky.

There were no windows in the king bedroom, which we really liked. It kept the room nice and dark, which I thought it would really come in handy if someone had a child who needs a nap.

We will stay there again for sure.

We stayed at Disneyland Hotel for the next 3 nights, and everyone mentioned that they missed the walk to the Best Western.

I just wanted to pop in with an update about Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. We stayed there for 2 nights last week and loved it. It was so convenient! Timed 2 minutes to the crosswalk. 12 minutes from our room door to inside the gates at Disneyland after going through security.
I always hear people talk about the hotels that are "right across the crosswalk" and those do look nice, but we liked how BWPAI was set back from all the crowds of people waiting to cross the street, and the people trying to sell you light up balloons etc. We did see a few homeless people on the walk in the evening. They didn't try to talk to us or ask us for anything.

The beds were super comfortable, we didn't hear any street noise at all, the AC was great, breakfast was plentiful with lots of choices. The breakfast room attendant serves the food for you and we were allowed to take it back to our room.

We were in the family suite, which has a bedroom with 1 king bed plus a second bedroom with 2 queens. The suite had 1 bathroom, 2 small tables and 4 chairs. The bathroom had plenty of storage shelves, lots of towels and a ton of bath products.

The only thing we didn't like was that there was no door between the 2 bedrooms, which made changing clothes tricky.

There were no windows in the king bedroom, which we really liked. It kept the room nice and dark, which I thought it would really come in handy if someone had a child who needs a nap.

We stayed at Disneyland Hotel for the next 3 nights, and everyone mentioned that they missed the walk to the Best Western.
Have they resumed daily housekeeping yet, or only by request?

We were there for 2 nights and did not have housekeeping service. At check-in they told us we could request towels, etc if we needed anything.

We are staying here soon and wondering how difficult it is to take food back to your room. Breakfast seems to be in a different building. Is there a place to eat outside? Any tips you could pass along would be helpful. Thanks so much!

We were in the building behind the one with the breakfast room, but it was just a few minutes to walk over there. The attendant asks what hot food you want and they serve it to you. I asked for it to-go and they gave us covered plates to take the food back to our room, it was no problem. We ate in our room both mornings we were there :) They have granola bars and cold danishes that are packaged and you can take those, too. They have juice and coffee as well.

You might end up in the same building as the breakfast room. There are only 2 buildings.

They have a large dining room, including an outdoor area to sit.

I had that suite booked for our Christmas 2020 trip, which obviously never happened. Where was your suite located on the property?

I had that suite booked for our Christmas 2020 trip, which obviously never happened. Where was your suite located on the property?
Mine was on the 3rd floor about halfway down the second building, right next to the elevator. I think they have that suite in the other building, too.

The hot food changed daily, eggs, chorizo, potatoes, bacon, oatmeal. The prepackaged muffins were awful, croissants ok. Fresh fruit or prepackaged fruit cups; string cheese; packaged hard boiled eggs; granola bars, Nutrigrain bars. Lots of choices. Breakfast starts at 6:30, plenty of time to get there for rope drop.

Was this at Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites? Or the BW farther away on Harbor?

Just curious as my son loves fruit cups and it would be nice to not have to buy any from Target for his breakfast each day.

Was this at Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites? Or the BW farther away on Harbor?

Just curious as my son loves fruit cups and it would be nice to not have to buy any from Target for his breakfast each day.
That was at BW Plus Anaheim Inn. It's about half a block farther down on Harbor, a 2 minute walk to the crosswalk. If you look at it on a map you'll see how close it is. We really loved it when we stayed there in June.

Ah. I worry about hearing noise from the roof top bar on the corner. We heard it while at Desert Inn and it drove me nuts.

Ah. I worry about hearing noise from the roof top bar on the corner. We heard it while at Desert Inn and it drove me nuts.
We didn't hear a thing from the bar. It's too bad it's so loud! I hear complaints about it from Grand Legacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter