• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent stays at Best Western Park Place Inn or Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
We were going to stay at Hyatt Place but I think I want something closer since I might be using a scooter due to a foot injury.

I have rooms booked at both of these Best Westerns and am just wondering if anyone has been to either lately. We are a party of 4 ~ 2 adults and 2 adult-sized children. I'm doing a split stay with Disneyland Hotel, so I'll be at the Best Western for just 2 or 3 nights.

For either Best Western:

How is bed comfort?

Clean, nice, quiet room?

Any particular reason to choose 1 over the other?

Thanks!

They are essentially the same as far as beds/quality/ etc

They are almost the same distance across the street from Disneyland on Harbor blvd

There are a few hotels between them, the best wester park place inn is the closest AT the crosswalk to the turnstiles, thus making it easier with a scooter but honestly they would both be easy.

I think the park place inn has the low wall dividers in the rooms, I’m not sure the best western plus anaheim inn has them. So depending on your party size, if you want the low wall and fold out couch and a little closer then stick with the park place inn

My phone is not cooperating with posting links, but there are some good YouTube reviews of both if you do a quick search. They have a common owner and are very similar in quality.

We stayed at the park place inn and suites last summer. It's really basic, but convenient Disneyland, which was great! I also noticed they had a scooter rental location right there with lots available, so if you weren't planning on bringing your own scooter, it'd be very convenient to grab one after checking in.

We're at Anaheim Inn now. Clean, fairly quiet except for the people above us who run laps every night between 10-12 🙄. Breakfast has both fresh cooked and prepackaged items. No daily housekeeping.

Thank you for the replies. I finally managed to get all 3 of my nights in the 1 King/2 queen suite at Anaheim Plus Inn. Hopefully it's as nice as it looks! Some reviews were stellar, others rotten so I guess we'll see lol. I love that it's so close , has breakfast and our room would have beds for everyone. So 3 nights there and then off to DLH :)

Also, it's close to park Place Inn if I end up needing a scooter.

We're at Anaheim Inn now. Clean, fairly quiet except for the people above us who run laps every night between 10-12 🙄. Breakfast has both fresh cooked and prepackaged items. No daily housekeeping.
That sounds great! Are the beds comfortable? Is the walk as short as it looks? I heard it's 5 minutes to the crosswalk.

That sounds great! Are the beds comfortable? Is the walk as short as it looks? I heard it's 5 minutes to the crosswalk.
The Best Western Park Place Inn is at the crosswalk basically, like right there where you'd cross the street. The Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn is down the street just a little bit, not even a 5 main walk to the crosswalk, prob closer to 2 min, unless of course your room was way in the back.

If you want the closest, you want the park place inn

The Best Western Park Place Inn is at the crosswalk basically, like right there where you'd cross the street. The Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn is down the street just a little bit, not even a 5 main walk to the crosswalk, prob closer to 2 min, unless of course your room was way in the back.

If you want the closest, you want the park place inn
Thanks! We're doing Anaheim Plus since we can get 3 actual beds. A 2 minute walk to the crosswalk sounds wonderful! We've stayed at Hyatt House and Hojo in the past and they always feel 800 miles away at the end of the day.

Thanks! We're doing Anaheim Plus since we can get 3 actual beds. A 2 minute walk to the crosswalk sounds wonderful! We've stayed at Hyatt House and Hojo in the past and they always feel 800 miles away at the end of the day.
Yes, it's amazing how just a little more walking after A LOT of walking can make/break you and feel so treacherous! lol I think you'll be fine where you are, it'll feel close.

We've stayed at The BW Plus Anaheim Inn twice now and I've already booked our stay for next year. Few can beat the location and the motel is older, but nicely remodeled. The only complaint I even have is that I think their pillows kinda suck, lol. We love the breakfast, which was admittedly more grand pre-COVID, but still a nice value included in the price of your stay.

Beds were pretty comfortable. I may not be the best judge as I'm not able to sleep lying down due to recent surgery. I found the pillows a bit odd, square instead of rectangular. The front desk quickly delivered extra pillows when I requested them.
The walk is short but yes the extra couple hundred feet at the end of the day seems longer than it is. There are a couple motels and Denny's between Anaheim Inn and the crosswalk but it's really not much.

We've stayed at The BW Plus Anaheim Inn twice now and I've already booked our stay for next year. Few can beat the location and the motel is older, but nicely remodeled. The only complaint I even have is that I think their pillows kinda suck, lol. We love the breakfast, which was admittedly more grand pre-COVID, but still a nice value included in the price of your stay.
The breakfast wasn't bad. They were cooking some stuff fresh every morning plus cereal and package baked goods (hint, don't try the muffins but croissants were tolerable)

Beds were pretty comfortable. I may not be the best judge as I'm not able to sleep lying down due to recent surgery. I found the pillows a bit odd, square instead of rectangular. The front desk quickly delivered extra pillows when I requested them.
The walk is short but yes the extra couple hundred feet at the end of the day seems longer than it is. There are a couple motels and Denny's between Anaheim Inn and the crosswalk but it's really not much.
Thank you! It sounds like a good choice :)

By the way, if you bring your own pillow and forget it (my husband's) like we did, the staff at BW Plus Anaheim Inn will ship your pillow home to you (they will charge you postage), lol.

Never been to disneyland - or stayed in a best western but I do know that they are really good with status matching. So thought i'd make this suggestion just in case it helps.

If you have any status in any other hotel programs it might be worth asking for - even if it just a potential higher floor (maybe not if you need a scooter) or late checkout?

Never been to disneyland - or stayed in a best western but I do know that they are really good with status matching. So thought i'd make this suggestion just in case it helps.

If you have any status in any other hotel programs it might be worth asking for - even if it just a potential higher floor (maybe not if you need a scooter) or late checkout?
You may not want a higher floor. Lol. Its a 3 story motel with 1 elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter