Recent Disney Downfalls

:earseek: WOW!:earseek: That was one mean and nasty article. You could almost hear the vemon dripping from their fangs.:eek:

That's not a mean or venomous article.
Simply put it's a truthful article, and the truth hurts the Mouse House. :p

It's good to see our local press stand up once in awhile and report what really goes on at the theme parks.

Thanks Dax

Oh for heaven sake! Disney World isn't going to Hell in a handbasket...the whole world is, and WDW is just as susceptible to it as anyone else.

Won't stop me from going on my vacation there. Disney on it's worst day is better than anywhere else on it's best!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I was down from 5/23 to 5/28. We met with a cm who was talking freely as we knew alot of stuff like he did. He informed us of an incident 2 weeks ago on splash mtn where someone stood up and fell out and landed at the bottem of the big drop. He was crushed by the next boat. unpublisized but I looked into and found it true. How horrific.

Yes, the article is all truth's but what about the tone. It appears from your recap that these things only happen at or because of Disney. Check with any zoo in the country and find out if no animals have died, is it only limited to Disney? How about the alleged sexual escapades of Carnival Crew Members that hit the news late last year.

Incidents happen all over why should Disney be immune to them. They are not but its seems that if it happens to them it is worse then if it happens to someone else.

checked with several cm and those around the attraction area reluctantly admitted that it happened. I cant get the actual details on how it happened, only a man stood up and fell out then hit at the bottem. most cm will only admit to the accident but 3 went explained. Found out origanilly because of keys tour.

I thought that accident was reported, and it happened like 6 months ago. Seriously, 6 months ago it was widley reported that some fool didn't obey the safety instructions and died on the ride. Are you sure that isn't the incident to which you are refering?

Last time I checked the rest of the world does not have the slogan "the happiest place on Earth" or use the world "magic" to describe almost everything it's involved in.

As for the animal issues the reason Disney is under the magnifying glass, is that they have had an unusually high death rate for a zoological park still in it's infancy. It would be different if the animals were living full lives and then succumbing to death naturally. Disney, not the media are the ones to blame for their image, and if they did not go to great lengths to hide or cover up the truth, it wouldn't get as much attention.

...I also assumed that was the same incident, it happened in November of last year (we were in Magic Kingdom the day it happened). I just wanted to mention something...
some fool didn't obey the safety instructions and died on the ride
The police report said the man had either a large panic attack or a small heart attack, and was mostly trying to find a way out when the incident occured.

I'm one of the first to moan when some goober does something stupid then tries to sue rather than take a little responsibility for their own actions, but it doesn't appear that was quite the case, here.

At the risk of straying off topic, does anyone know if the family sued, in this case? I hadn't heard any more follow-up.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, didn't hear the full reprot, just heard the after comments here. The point is that in no way was it kept hush hush. How in the world you'd keep ambulences and body bags ..... In the middle of a theme park Hush hush is beyond me.

The point was not wether it was hush hush or not. The topic was that a string of incidents are hurting and putting eyes on disney. As for the time period, I did not see this on the news nor did I read about it here, I am going by what several cast members told me. This is however a different incident. This was about 3 weeks ago and was during sprint break , not 6 mos ago. Many people get hurt in the parks for many reasons. There is a book called "mouse tails" in the book stores that explains about all these incidents in the parks. You should read it... I learned alot and it took some of the "magic blinders" off my face. There have been shootings and rapes and kidnappings and suicides.

As far as the comment:
How in the world you'd keep ambulences and body bags ..... In the middle of a theme park Hush hush is beyond me

Abbulences do not go in the park nor are body bags allowed to be shown. Nor are cop cars or armored trucks for that matter. People get hurt and 100's of people are cought shoplifting everyday, have you ever seen someone being taken away in a cop car. The Utilidore tunnel system allows these things to be discreete and "hush hush. " They drive right up t the location (underneith it) and do what they need to do in private.

as for
some fool didn't obey the safety instructions and died on the ride

I believe they should have some sort of restraint system on this ride. People get scared or nervous and phreak out. Also what if your on with your children and they flip out. You may have to stand trying to restrain them. I think "some fool" is a pretty harsh thing to say.

checked with several cm and those around the attraction area reluctantly admitted that it happened. I cant get the actual details on how it happened, only a man stood up and fell out then hit at the bottem. most cm will only admit to the accident but 3 went explained. Found out origanilly because of keys tour.

When somebody dies on a ride, it's news and we usually hear about it. Are you saying that the Keys to the Kingdom tour now includes stories about people dying on rides?
Sorry, I just don't buy it...

first of all i dont care if yu buy it or not.

second i didnt say that the tour talked about people dying. What did happen was that they were explaing procedures and emergency measures and he cites an example of the guy on the ride and that the ambulance drove right up under the ride.

third I know that there are alot of us on these boards but not everything comes across here. Take off the blinders. Disney is a corperation same as any other. Seeing that struff hurts business so you hide as much as you can.

Hey Dave, I know it sure hurts me when I take off my blinders and see struff!;)

A guy steps out of a log and gets crushed by another inside the attraction and it is BIG news. Another guy falls (down the drop, no less) and gets hit by another log outside the attraction and NOBODY hears about it. Sorry, not buying this one.

Captain, play nice! :)

WHY does anybody care if Disney doesn't announce to the media everytime somebody shoplifts, or stubs a toe, or falls out of a boat because he "freaked out"??? Does it change my opinion of Disney? NOPE....Does it change my enjoyment? NOPE.

It's great that the CM chose to confide in "only you" the incident of 3 weeks ago. Though truthfully, i find it incredibly hard to swallow. Disney may have wanted to cover it up, but I bet the guys family would've called every paper and tv network in the state to tell them what happened. Still, even if it is true Disney is still tops. I'd go there before I'd head of to some some third world Carribbean destination where you can't leave your resort in less than a group of 12 people without fear of being mugged/shot/raped etc...:rolleyes:

listen. everybodys getting the wrong idea of this post. Im the last person to try to get anybody to go anywhere else. The point is that some bad publicity is hurting the place. I jyust got back and am looking for plane tickets already. The post is about events that are hurting peoples impression of the place. My opinion is the same. I love the place even though i am a little more catious. I also said I was the only person prevy to this info. I dont care if anyone believes me or not. I though the purpose of these boards was to discuss what we seen or heard.

(THIS IS THE RUMERS BOARD)

This was told me by cm in the park. I agree the place is still tops.

as for jennasis, You may have contacted the press and everyone else about an accident but not everyone is like that.

I didnt mention shoplifting for the point that it is not reported, but for the fact that you dont see ambulances and cop cars in the park as someone stated. The point was just cause you dont see or hear it doesnt meaqn its not there.

For The Capt, whom i agree with on many issues, thanks. You are one of the few who see what is and not just what is shown.

I've seen an ambulance at Disney.
(my nephew fell out of a chair) He did not die get maimed, decapatated or marked for life. He got a band aid and a cookie.:smooth: Then we told him if he ever tilted back in his chair again all of the above would happen. LOL:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter