Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

Originally posted by zurgswife
OK....I love BWV haven't ever stayed any where else....

BedBugs...OK could really do without getting these little visitors during any trip...lucky haven't had any

Exceptionally Looooooooong hallways. My rooms have always been on the MGM side...so it makes for a great short cut to MGM down the back stairs....otherwise don't really notice

scary clown Slide ugly yes....scary not really

Noisy. only if you get one of those aweful Boardwalk views

Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view. I only get Standard view and I have loved ALL my views (inlcuding the driveway...love watching people) well except that time I paid to stay at BWV and got a boardwalk view...very loud

Teeeny, tiny rooms. I've only stayed at BWV so can't compare to other DVC resorts...but it sure as hell beats 2 rooms at CBR, or a FW Cabin.

Bad housekeeping. I've always had excellent housekeeping...

Self - Parking lots always full. I've had a car at almost every time of year and while the parking lot can get crowded, I've never had to spend more then about 1 min. trying to find a spot...even at Christmas.

Nasty, rude CMs the reason I don't every want to stay anywhere else are the bonds that my family has formed with many of the CM's at BWV...I think the BWV CM's are the best.

Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service. OK got to give ya the bus one...the bus situations has been difficult some times....

thieving birds fortunately I've never been a victim

pssstt...shhhh...between you & me, I think the OP was actually being sarcastic...he actually likes the BWV & was 1. teasing those who don't & 2. trying to disuade (with his tongue planted firmly within his cheek) people from booking there, so there would be rooms available when he wanted to book.:D

Originally posted by Disney Doc
SNIP..........

** keep running into people who don't understand the original intent of this post:confused:
But the funny thing is.....I can't figure out the OP's original intent now, after reading subsequent posts! :confused:

How about that incessant music that you hear over and over and over?:D (whenever my two boys, who are now both teens, hear that type of music, they say that they wish they were at the Boardwalk at that very moment!)

I think some people have missed the point of this thread but that only helps us BWV lovers!

I went to Disney World for the first time over Easter on a family gettogether (my sister, her husband, and their 1, 3, and 4 year-olds). We got a 2-bedroom suite on the 5th floor (5073-75, I think) right next to the elevators. The view was over the main entrance but we had no problems with noise whatsoever. After reading other peoples' comments, I think I'll ask for proximity to elevators instead of a nicer view next time. The staff made a couple of mistakes that I had not expected at the price (one breakfast was more than an hour late and I had to buy park tickets twice because a Guest Services attendant at the Magic Kingdom was not properly informed), but they made up for it nicely. They also left us a large gift basket in the room with a note of apology, which was a nice touch.

Overall, the trip was so wonderful that we plan to make it a family tradition (my sisters live in Denmark so it is convenient to meet midway for vacations). It was very nice to be so close to the Boardwalk, especially with young kids, and the room service was very convenient for the same reason.

I am looking into getting a DVC membership for a 2 or 3 bedroom at SS, but I really can't imagine going anywhere but BWV now we've tried it.

Anyway, just wanted to pitch in - hope this will help other people considering going to BWV :).

Originally posted by BWVDee
But the funny thing is.....I can't figure out the OP's original intent now, after reading subsequent posts! :confused:

Well that would be due to the fact that one man's joy is another man's agony. :)

Originally posted by Sammie
Well that would be due to the fact that one man's joy is another man's agony. :)
Nope, just meant that the OP seems to be flip flopping as to the orginal intent.
:thewave:

. . . DS loved Community Hall so much that he left me alone in the quiet pool and hot tub while he played games - really cut back on our cherished mother/son quality time (and forced me to spend time reading magazines!)!

. . . watching the boardwalk "come alive" in the morning from a boardwalk view balcony makes it practically impossible for me to jump into commando mode and make it to EMH on time !!

. . . sitting on forementioned balcony in the evening, watching Illuminations, Wishes and the people/shows below makes it practically impossible for me to get to bed early enough to get up in the morning to sit on the balcony again and watch the boardwalk "come alive" - the longer I'm there, the more impossible EMH becomes!!!

. . . points for standard view rooms make it harder to use my points up, causing need for more trips, causing trouble at home with DH !!!!

Wonderful bus service aside, the place is killing me !!!!!;) :smooth:

cancellations I managed to get two 2 bedrm std. rooms for October,thank you all

The screaming unruly kids that run down those unGodly long hallway like banchis....

Next we know they will start banging on all those unfortunate people's doors and reak havoc everywhere.

Please do yourself a favor and don't stay at BWV, especially the upcoming dates of 3/9/05 - 3/13/05. Why punish yourself ;) !

Another thing I hate about having to stay at the Boardwalk is that my family and neighbors all have to come and we really prefer to vacation without these annoying people. When we stay at the absolute best DVC (regulars know of which one I speak) we are able to go alone and relax. We are not forced to choose what restaurant we want to go to...this causes all sorts of problems with family. With the large kitchen I can happily spend hours preparing meals for my hubby and me, amd then sit on the porch and watch the exciting sport of Golf right outside my villa. Now this is living.

I also hate the health club at the BWV as it reminds me daily that other people are in better shape then me...who needs to be reminded of this on vacation. VWL also has this annoying feature.

Secondly if you get a boardwalk view, you are constantly forced to look across the lake at the yacht and beach club resorts which are infinitely superior and wish you were staying there instead.

So my advice would be to think twice about staying here especially in early Dec when the DVCers are there in abundance. They frequently steal towels from the pool area because they don't get housekeeping services. Sometimes you can't find a good clean towel unless you steal one off a chair that they have reserved at 7AM and don't get back to use till 1. you don't have this problem at the best DVC because being alittle further from the pool it is not as convenient for them to go grab them.

Another thing to be aware of is that if you use the phone in your room you can get roomservice from all the great restaurants on the boardwalk...this can be very expensive if you are a lousy cook because when you check out you might find some surprises on your bill....my son ordered alot of things over 10 days.

Since this is my home resort I have to stay here frequently because I developed a bad condition upon joining DVC called pointitis. I'm up to 600points here and probably couldn't have stopped myself from adding more if they were available but you can still choose another path and a much better lodging option.

All of this bantering is clearly mssing the point. BWV is a subpar resort and those who would even THINK of trying to get a BWV standard view room have not truly considered ALL of the wonderful value available from parking outside the door of your very own room at OKW...or even the splendid enjoyment of sitting by the SAB....or the pure beauty of the wooded vistas around WLV. Please people...think about it first...you'll realize the errors of your ways in considering BWV standard view...trust me it wouldn't be a real Disney vacation if you had to settle for BWV standard view.

BTW - with the list of terrible things about BWV...I am shocked noone has mentioned the most disturbing thing of all. One of the Foosball men at Community Hall is held on by duct tape...YES, duct tape I said. Don't subject yourself to such madness!

Originally posted by new_yawka
All of this bantering is clearly mssing the point. BWV is a subpar resort and those who would even THINK of trying to get a BWV standard view room have not truly considered ALL of the wonderful value available from parking outside the door of your very own room at OKW...or even the splendid enjoyment of sitting by the SAB....or the pure beauty of the wooded vistas around WLV. Please people...think about it first...you'll realize the errors of your ways in considering BWV standard view...trust me it wouldn't be a real Disney vacation if you had to settle for BWV standard view.

BTW - with the list of terrible things about BWV...I am shocked noone has mentioned the most disturbing thing of all. One of the Foosball men at Community Hall is held on by duct tape...YES, duct tape I said. Don't subject yourself to such madness!
Thanks for the help in discouraging any remaining interested people.

Originally posted by pmcpmc
Thanks for the help in discouraging any remaining interested people.

Did it work? Did it work? YEH! ;)

Originally posted by new_yawka
Did it work? Did it work? YEH! ;)
It has not worked all the way yet. I called MS today and still no luck for one of those horrible, ghastly boardwalk view villas for an upcoming trip! :confused:

BTW - with the list of terrible things about BWV...I am shocked noone has mentioned the most disturbing thing of all. One of the Foosball men at Community Hall is held on by duct tape...YES, duct tape I said. Don't subject yourself to such madness

From what I heard they had to tape him down, HE WAS TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE BOARDWALK VILLAS AND DEFECT TO OKW FOR SOME PEACE AND QUIET AND MORE MONEY TO PLAY (oops ) sorry for shouting but with all this noise at BWV I just wanting to make sure everyone heard me.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Well, after being confused, then seeing what was going on, then being confused, then figuring it out, then laughing hysterically about many of your creative thoughts (several of which have certainly floated through my head and I'm not mentioning about who........er.........what) ................ I find myself with not much to say except:

I can't imagine with all these downers why anyone in their right mind would want to ever stay at BWV. Those of you, like me, who are forced to stay there because you foolishly bought there, maybe we can meet by the pool bar, take a walk around the lake, ride the boat to Epcot, sit and watch the fireworks, or have morning coffee and pastries from the bakery one day and wallow in our misery.

Forgive me, I can't wait for my first trip home to BWV, Dec. 19th. However, if someone says anything bad about the Christmas decorations, maybe I'll give up and change my mind. We have 5 standard rooms reserved, so go to it!

Bobbi:D

i will be staying there in 8 days, i will copy this list of all the reasons not to stay at the BWV and check each one out, and then i will post when i get back.

especially the bakery......

i do agree about the scary clown pool:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter