Reasonable hotels near Gaylord Palms

Elfstar

Guarded by Dragons, Gargoyles...and Figment!
I may be attending a conference being held at the Gaylord Palms early next year. My employer is generous when it comes to employee education, and I try to minimize expenses whenever I can. Rooms at the GP are far too expensive for one person - I believe the other hotel used for conference lodging is the Radisson nearby, more reasonable but still more than I feel is appropriate for sleeping and showering. I'll use that if I can't find something else decent and less expensive. I would like to find something nice, clean and safe nearby - any suggestions? Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

Oh, and yes, of course I'll be extending my trip for a couple of days at the parks! (On my dime, of course!) :)

Stay at GP or the Raddison and you might not need to rent a car. Shuttle buses are frequently provided to guests staying in whatever alternate hotels are offered. Stay in another hotel and you may need to rent a car and pay to park at the GP.

POP is closest Disney hotel. At one time GP contracted with Disney to use a POP lot for overflow parking. A taxi from POP to GP shouldn't cost very much.

I don't mind renting a car, as I have some friends I may visit, too, and will probably go to the parks after the meetings are over most days. I'm just trying to save my company some money (the GP is 249/night - I'd love to stay there but that would be asking too much! - and the Radisson 145, plus taxes and fees for both)and keep from having to fight morning traffic - I normally stay in the DTD area. I may just do that anyway and try and figure out a "road less traveled" route to GP.

I'm not sure what line of work you are in but I have a friend who is a medical assistant and she goes to seminars to learn new products/procedures. The company she works for is not the company that pays for accomodations, it is the company putting on the event to get their products, etc out there that pays. It may be far less of a headache to just stay at GP. They probably get some kind of special rate. :confused3

There is a nice Holiday Inn Express & Suites with great rates only 3 miles from the Gaylord and the rate includes a hot breakfast buffet. Their phone number is 407-997-1700

$249/night is the GP conference rate :sad:! The Holiday Inn Express and Suites sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you all for your help. :goodvibes

We just stayed at the Hilton at DTD for $99 night. If you will have a car anyway...the Hilton is the only hotel that is part of EMH at the parks.
Barb

Sometimes a convention rate is "marked up" in order to cover part of the costs of the meeting room, hospitality suite etc. I've seen deals for the GP $100-$150. Deals pop up on sites like DIS, travelzoo and some of the other Disney internet "fan" sites including mousesavers.

Remember GP has a resort fee and charges for self parking. Staying at the Raddison and taking a complimentary shuttle (if offered) will save paying for parking at the GP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter