Really Old Tickets, getting info UPDATE, Now What?

FayeW

DIS Veteran
I have a couple of tickets that must be 15 years old. I think I have one park day and a couple of plus features left. I called customer service to see if they could tell me how many days/plus features are left but they can't get that info. Rep was very helpful in showing me how to link my tickets to My Disney Experience but there is no way to figure out what is left on these particular tickets in that section, either. Currently on hold for the ticketing department. Any other suggestions?

Will it allow you to make fast pass selections? That's an easy way to see if your park entitlements are showing.

I'm too far out from that. We aren't going until the end of Nov and we aren't staying onsite, so I can't book fastpasses until the end of next month.

I do believe that for tickets that old they must be taken to Guest Services on site. I am not 100% sure, but I think that is the only way to use them. They will still be honored though, which is one great thing about Disney!

I brought my old tickets to guest services in EPCOT, although mine showed how many days used and such so they gave me 3 one day park hoppers since i had 1 day left on each ticket. What do your tickets look like? Do they have the days used stamp on them?

I'm too far out from that. We aren't going until the end of Nov and we aren't staying onsite, so I can't book fastpasses until the end of next month.
Try to make some fastpasses for next week. Since your tickets aren't date-based, the system doesn't know when your trip is

Email a copy, front and back of the tickets, copy of your driver's license, and. if you have it, where and when purchased.

Email to:

Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com

This. I had tickets from 1994 that I used last winter. We found them in the safety deposit box.

They were able to set up our account so I was able to book fast passes ahead of time, however did have to stop at guest services before entering the park to exchange them for current usable tickets. (Both were a total pain)

They wanted me to confirm which of our party had used each one previously.... which I thought was hilarious. It was the same group of people using them, but really, you expect me to remember who used the one with Simba from 25 years ago?

That being said, they honored them no problem, and the amount of CM’s that came over to look at the 25 year old tickets before they figured out how to convert them was entertaining.

Check the MyDisneyApp on your phone--while the regular website won't show the number of days remaining, the phone app should

I brought my old tickets to guest services in EPCOT, although mine showed how many days used and such so they gave me 3 one day park hoppers since i had 1 day left on each ticket. What do your tickets look like? Do they have the days used stamp on them?
Mine are lime green hard plastic with a character on the front. Pretty sure I bought them and used them the first time in 2005.

I scanned the tickets and emailed them to ticket.usage@disneyworld.com, as suggested by Dan. The response I received was that the two ticket numbers I sent them "do not have any valid Theme Park tickets linked" and said if I disagreed to go to Guest Services with the tickets and ID. I asked them if they can give me a report on the dates/parks that it shows the tickets were used, but I got the exact same response back. So I don't really understand if they are telling me all the days are used, or if they are telling me that they can't find the tickets? How will going to Guest Services help me? I can tell them the exact day and park that the tickets were first used. For that matter I can tell them the last park they were used in as well.

I know that I had at least one theme park admission, and a couple of "plus" features left. I can live without going to the water parks on our trip, although we did plan to go one day to each water park. I did not plan on buying (4) one day park hopper tickets, though.

RE: Pre-2017 tickets including Magic Your Ways and pre-2005 Park Hopper Plusses.

Not sure whether you muddied the water by asking how many days are remaining.

SInce you already know how many days should be remaining, you should go/should have gone by your usage dates from however long ago, and your numbers and not ask.

Yes you should get the tickets linked to your My Disney Experience account, you already did that, and you did not have to talk about how many days are remaining, yet.

By making fastpass reservations for days within 10 days from now the system will reject you after all the days remaining have been spoken for. This will confirm indirectly how many days the system thinks are remaining without your having to ask. One FP per day (either tier 1 please select one or tier 2 other experiences) is enough to conduct this test with.

If a particular day has no FPs available, then try a different day.

You do not/did not need a resort room booked to book FPs within 10 (actually within 30) days from now.

If the system rejects your FP reservations before you made that many days worth of FPs then you know the system thinks there are fewer days than you think and immediately, er, on the next business day if applicable, you write and make a claim that you should have X days remaining while the system thinks you have fewer.

Don't forget, partially used MYW (roughly post 2004 pre-2017) tickets not marked non-expiring or "NE" are dead.

Last edited:
I said I had AT LEAST 1 park day remaining, and several plus features. I did try to book fastpasses,after the CM from Guest Services helped me link the tickets. It did not allow me to book fastpasses because it says I am outside the 60 day window. I have been trying to sign in to My Disney Experience to change the dates I have registered. I got in once this morning and got the "60 day message", and when I try to sign in again it just says to come back later, and redirects me back to the sign in page. I will try calling later as I have to cancel my Candlelight Processional reservation anyway. My tickets were definitely non expiring, as I used them in 2006 (not 2005) and 2009.

I guess I am just bummed that there appears to be no way other than presenting myself at Guest Services to confirm the number of days and plus features left, so I will have to go do that the first afternoon when we arrive as we planned to use a water park admission the next day. I like to plan ahead and if I need to drop $800 on new tickets I want to at least get them at a discount from Undercover Tourist or something. The Mid Day tickets would be our best bet but the minimum is 2 days. Buying a regular one day admission and adding the hopper costs the same as the 2 day "mid day" tickets, so I am in quite a quandary what to do.

I said I had AT LEAST 1 park day remaining, and several plus features. I did try to book fastpasses,after the CM from Guest Services helped me link the tickets. It did not allow me to book fastpasses because it says I am outside the 60 day window. I have been trying to sign in to My Disney Experience to change the dates I have registered. I got in once this morning and got the "60 day message", and when I try to sign in again it just says to come back later, and redirects me back to the sign in page. I will try calling later as I have to cancel my Candlelight Processional reservation anyway. My tickets were definitely non expiring, as I used them in 2006 (not 2005) and 2009.

I guess I am just bummed that there appears to be no way other than presenting myself at Guest Services to confirm the number of days and plus features left, so I will have to go do that the first afternoon when we arrive as we planned to use a water park admission the next day. I like to plan ahead and if I need to drop $800 on new tickets I want to at least get them at a discount from Undercover Tourist or something. The Mid Day tickets would be our best bet but the minimum is 2 days. Buying a regular one day admission and adding the hopper costs the same as the 2 day "mid day" tickets, so I am in quite a quandary what to do.
Don't book FP for your trip dates.
Book one for today
Simply as a test
If you can book one for today, try to book one for tomorrow as a second day. Continue till you can't book any. That's how many days you have left.
Once the test is done, delete the FP

Did you look on the app as suggested?

It won't let me choose any dates at all. Immediately it tells me I am outside my 60 day window. Perhaps because there is a dining reservation already made for December, I don't know. At this point I can't even get in to "My Disney Experience".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter