Angelrose's Journey

Thank you debknight. I keep on trying to do a bit more each day. Right now I so want to close my eyes and go to sleep. I know if I do I will wake up in the wee hours and not get back to sleep. It's amazing to me that such a little bit of walking can make me so tired.

I am HOME! YAYYYYY! Chuck took me home last night with all my junk. I got to sleep in my own bed for the first time in a month and it was wonderful. I am walking with just my cane now. I even went to Walmart and Acme this morning to do some grocery shopping. After I got everything put away I had just enough time to sit down for a few minutes and then I drove over to Chuck. We were all going out to get Gyro's for lunch. YUMMMMMM I love this place. After that we stopped at Target and then home. I can tell you by the time I got in my door I felt like going to sleep. My hips really hurt. I took an Advil and that helped a lot.

Last Saturday my cousin Joan and I went to the Mystery Tea that my community sponsors every year. It is always so much fun, good food and tea . As you can see, I haven't gotten any saner in the past year. LOL

Yea for being HOME! It's always the best feeling returning home after being gone.

But I'm really curious what a mystery tea is???

Sorry Grumpy's Gal, I should have explained. There is a theme and usually a murder mystery. Those who want to get scripts and then we all vote to see who the murderer is. It's a lot of fun and lots of laughs. I was once the murderer. LOL The theme this time was The Red Feather Ladies on a cruise when one man is thought to be murdered, but after the voting, was found to be fine, and told who tried to murder him. Now that was confusing, wasn't it? We have an appetizer, lunch, two or three different teas and dessert. We look forward to it every year.

You are amazing! Congrats on the progress and being back in your own bed! The lunch looks like so much fun! Keep up the good work!! :yay:

Thanks snappyd. I am so enjoying being in my own home and bed. I do miss my grandkids and Chuck and Karen. They are always joking around so much and keep me laughing. Keeps me young at heart.

Sorry Grumpy's Gal, I should have explained. There is a theme and usually a murder mystery. Those who want to get scripts and then we all vote to see who the murderer is. It's a lot of fun and lots of laughs. I was once the murderer. LOL The theme this time was The Red Feather Ladies on a cruise when one man is thought to be murdered, but after the voting, was found to be fine, and told who tried to murder him. Now that was confusing, wasn't it? We have an appetizer, lunch, two or three different teas and dessert. We look forward to it every year.
My gosh this sounds AMAZING! only once a year? I would so look forward to that! When my DD was a teenager, she went to a birthday party that was a murder mystery. When you rsvp'd that you could attend, you were sent information on " who you were" and your background information. Then you dressed up and went in character to the party. They had so much fun!

I've never done a murder mystery but it looks like I need to try one. It sounds like so much fun!

It's only once a year because it's provided by the Alliance for Aging in my community. The ladies who volunteer to put it on are amazing.

We did have so much fun. Once I was even the murderer. I found that I love being the evil one. LOL

Planogirl, you should look into it in your community. Sometimes they have a Murder Mystery dinner. It's always lots of laughs as people read their silly scripts.

The Murder mystery tea sounds fun. I have never been to one but I have always wanted to. My friends and I had always talked about going to one but never did. One time my friend called me and asked me to go to one when I came to visit (she and most of my family are in Philly and I was at the time in VA) and we set it all up. Well it turns out that the murder mystery was all a big ruse to get me to the restaurant for my surprise Bridal Shower! I'll admit I was a little bummed that it wasn't the Mystery (for a very short time! LOL).

Glad to see you are getting back to normal from your surgery. My MIL is getting her 2nd knee replacement in July.

Now that is a great story rndmr2. I can imagine how conflicted you felt at the time. LOL I'm sure you will get a chance to finally go to one. They are always so much fun.

I am walking around much better each day. Give your MIL my best with her knee replacement surgery. I know that is more painful than hip surgery.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MY FRIENDS.

I had a wonderful day with the family. I got a beautiful card from Chuck and Karen and hugs from both grandkids. We had hibachi for lunch which was delicious. We stopped at the new Home Goods store which was jammed packed. Karen bought a pillow with a flamingo on it. We came home and later we all had a piece of delicious cake. I got home around 5. It was a perfect day.

Hi Angelrose! So glad that you're recovering so well. I know that being at home is good medicine!

DH & I are going to North Carolina to visit with our son & his family next week. We had Ben this past weekend and on Mother's Day morning we FaceTimed with them. How fun. My grandsons played with their identical garbage trucks "together"!

Thanks minniecarousel. I am feeling a lot better. I just have some stiffness in my hip and some pain in my thigh at times. But I no longer use my cane except for in the middle of the night.

Enjoy your visit to North Carolina. Being with the grandkids is the absolute BEST.

Hello my friends. I have been doing really well at home and walking. I'm pretty much walking without my cane for short times.

I had a wonderful birthday. Chuck and Karen took me to see The Fate of the Furious because I absolutely LOVE Jason Statham. We went to Red Robin for dinner and then came home and rested a bit before devouring my birthday cake. Karen's friend Nadia is a great cook. She made me a vanilla cake with home made raspberry jam filling and pink raspberry whipped cream frosting. I can't tell you how delicious that was. I think I ate almost half of it by myself.

Now I'm enjoying my last few days at home before I go in for the right hip replacement on Wednesday. That means a whole month staying with the kids. They take such good care of me. I am so blessed.

Glad you are doing so well, Wow! that's fast to go and have the 2nd one done, I guess it's better to get it over with before the worst of the summer hits. .

Happy Birthday!! :butterfly :bday: :flower1:

That cake really sounds yummy! :cake:

Well, Happy Birthday!

I recall you said you were having your other hip done, but wow! that's coming up soon. I'm sure it'll be good to have all that done with.

We had a wonderful trip to North Carolina. What a beautiful part of the country! They live outside of Charlotte, very near Lake Norman. They're renting a house for now and will buy after their second child is a few months old (he's arriving on Aug 14!) I'm still sad that they don't live near-by, but they seem happy, that's the main thing.

Sending prayers & positive thoughts for your Wed surgery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!