Angelrose's Journey

Well get over that cold NOW! You still have time to recover before your trip. I can't wait for our Disneyland trip - same time as yours. It will be so fun watching Ben on this trip. Can't wait!

Glad to hear you're healing. You should be good to go on the fifth!

LOL I'm trying my best minniecarousel. It does seem better today. I'm not hacking so much so I think it is breaking up.

18 days and 9 hours to go. After this trip it will be at least two years before we go again. How can I survive???

Hi Minniecarousel. We are having so much fun and staying up past midnight every night. Tonight is the first night we have gotten home before 8. I am definitely going to bed early tonight! Enjoy Disneyland!

I am home! We got in around noon on Saturday. I unpacked everything and put everything away. I took me two hours, but I was glad to have it done. I haven't even typed up my notes for my trip report yet. I have been so busy with Christmas cards and doctors appointments. I'm going to start making my cinnamon nuts on Wednesday and maybe the turtles and fudge on Thursday. I really enjoy doing this for my friends and relatives. It just means Christmas to me.

Hopefully I will start the trip report this weekend. I have no idea when Karen will get around to posting the pictures so that I can download them and then add them to Shutterfly so that I can get that report done. We did have such a wonderful time and the Christmas party was so much fun. We laughed so much and did so much. I can't wait to tell you all about it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. Christmas was wonderful. My surprise gift was a ticket to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert, the next day! I was so surprised. I could hardly wait. I was going to drive to their house by 4 so we could leave by 5. It was in Newark.

By 3pm I got a nice hot bubble bath and came downstairs to get ready. Had to use the bathroom and it didn't flush. Really? Half hour before I have to leave and this happens. So I get out the plunger and nothing happens. So I call Chuck in a panic and he comes over in 10 minutes with his super dooper plunger. Aaaaaaaaaaand nothing happens. He goes down in the basement to see if it is going out to the septic tank and finds that by plunging he broke the seal on the toilet. YAYYYY He looks at the workings in the tank and finds it has completely rusted away. Since my toilet is from the year one, I need a new toilet. He turns off the water and I get dressed and he drives me to his house to get ready to leave for the concert.

The concert was AMAZING! Fireworks, smoke and lasers and the music. It was a two hour show and I loved every minute of it. The grandkids didn't like it because it was too loud for them. Kind of a sensory overload. But we all loved it.

Chuck brought me home and turned my water back except for the toilet. The next day I had an 8:30 appointment just for a checkup on my elbow. Everything is going well there.

Chuck had gone to Lowes and gotten me a new toilet with lots of other stuff. He hauls it into the SUV, then hauls it up the porch stairs and into my house. He hauls the old toilet out into the back yard. He cleans up everything and then unpacks the new toilet only to find that the tank lid is broken. Sooooooo he has to pack it all back up, haul it back to the car and back to Lowe's to get a new toilet.

Does this sound like a fun day to you?? He finally gets the new toilet installed and it's great. Except when he checks in the basement it sounds like it's not draining into the septic tank. So I call the septic tank cleaners and they say we can be there tomorrow between 9 and 11, but by the way, you have to dig up where the lid to the tank is. They don't do that anymore. So poor Chuck who had been working here since 11:30 had to dig out the cover at 3. He hadn't even stopped for lunch.

He was glad to go home. Yesterday I waited for the cleaner to come and I got a call at 11 that he had run into a problem and would be there between 1 and 2.

Well, he made it and said it didn't look too bad at all. After he cleaned it out he said that it looked like the pipe from the house had roots and debre clogging it up. I made a quick call to Roto Rooter and they came within the hour. He went down the basement and did his magic and everything was running fine. Between the two it cost me around $600 not counting the toilet.

Everything is fine today and I'm sure glad it's over. It has been very stressful and I'm still not back to normal.

I haven't done much on my trip report. I'm so sorry. But I plan to finish the typing of it this coming week and as soon as I get the pictures posted. I can get it all posted.

What an ordeal! A few weeks before Thanksgiving, we had a leak at the base of the toilet in the half bath. It gets a lot of use by family on holidays. We caught it before it got bad.

I've had a cold since Christmas Eve. My voice goes between Bea Arthur & a squeak! I don't feel too bad & I have to be over it in 8 days since Jackson is coming! My son in NY has a week-long seminar near-by so his wife & son are coming along! And at the end of Feb I go there for Jacks 2nd birthday. I'm so excited!

Ben is in the throes of the Terrible Twos! He wouldn't get into his car seat when we left the park the other day, so we had a stand-off! Since his dad was working from home, he was able to come get him. I love him dearly, but what a handful!

Wishing my friends here, especially you Angelrose, a wonderful New Year!

Hope you feel better minniecarousel. I remember those days with both Jesse and Zoey. I think Zoey was worse. She's a stubborn little thing. But, we have an understanding now. LOL She wouldn't go in time out for me, so I told her she had a choice. She could go upstairs to her room and THEN she could come downstairs and go in time out for a longer time. Your choice. She got the point.

Have a wonderful New Year too.

Glad you had a nice Christmas but sorry for all your toilet and septic problems, not fun! Glad it all got sorted out.

my DH and I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra too! We went to see them in Buffalo on Dec 4th. Its about a hour and a half drive to get there. We really enjoyed it too. The tickets were my DH's Christmas present. Then on Christmas Eve they had my MIL and I open a gift and it was tickets for us (my SIL too but she was in on the giving) to see The Sound of Music on stage!! We are excited. It comes to Rochester in Feb/March and we are going for the Matinee on the last day. My hubby had an ulterior motive to do that, so he doesn't have to go to see it to, LOL, he's not a fan. :-)

I really enjoyed them too rndmr2. It was a once in a lifetime event for me.

How wonderful you are going to see The Sound of Music on stage. I'm sure that will be spectacular.

Angelrose, curious if you ever thought of having your trip reports printed in book form for your grandchildren to keep. You are a wonderful writer and those trip reports are something I'm sure they would cherish forever!

I have printed some of them out but what a great idea. I have so many of when it was just Ron and me. I'm sure the kids would enjoy them when they get older. Thanks for this great idea.

My December trip report is all written and I have just gotten the pictures from Karen. I hope to get the sorted out this weekend and possibly get the trip report posted next week some time.

I do have a couple of Christmas pictures that I think you all would like to see. The real me, so to speak. I'll see if I can get them posted tonight.

enhance

enhance

This was when I saw the ticket to the Grand Siberian Orchestra ticket.

enhance

enhance

This is what Karen posted on Facebook. "Christmas Day! I was so sick and had a high fever all day. I did my best to stay awake..it didn't work. Mary is just old and falls asleep. Love you Mom." LOL You see what I have to put up with?

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Of course, I loved your TR! So descriptive & great pix. Bravo! I really appreciate the time you take to write those up & share your pix.

We had a great visit here with our son from NY, his wife & Jackson! They dressed Jackson in a t-shirt that said "Big Brother"! They will have another son in August. Their boys will be about 2 1/2 years apart, just like our sons. My solo trip to NY is in 9 days. My only concern is getting onto the correct train out to the Hamptons. I'll only have a carry-on bag, so that should help.

Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful minniecarousel. Thanks again for reading my trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!