Really need advice! WWYD?

lawyergirl22

Mouseketeer
Quick background--have been to WDW once previously--DD was 4yo and DS was almost 2yo. Stayed at AKL and Poly. LOVED the poly for the EWP and monorail and the huge rooms etc. Anyway--headed back with DD now 6yo and DS turning 4yo on the trip. Where would you stay? This trip is me with the kids alone.

1BR at BWV--walking distance to Epcot/HS and fun pool! Love the idea of a seperate space to relax while kids rest and to do landry! OR

BLT studio with monorail and new pool! OR

Poly Lagoon View--loved the poly for the monorail, TTC, and EWP, but did not enjoy Kona Cafe (it was OK) or Captian Cooks (crowded and chaotic). Loved the room size and watching fireworks/EWP as preparing for bed each night!

Please help me decide!

I haven't been to any of them. But I would say try something new. The one bed room sounds good so like you said they can be separated from you while you do things without disturbing them? But then again the poly does sound nice with the big room and the view of the fireworks. Not to mention the monorail. :confused3 Sorry guess I am not much help huh?:rolleyes:

BLT offers views of the Magic Kingdom!

If you decide to do an Epcot resort Beach Club has the Best pool on property!

BLT!!

We did the DVC tour in August, where they walk you through the models of the AKV and BLT studios, 1br, and 2br villas. NOw, it's always been my dream to stay at AKL or AKV, but the BLT accommodations were incredible! We decided that, if we were to buy DVC, we'd buy at BLT. It's lovely!

BEsides, how can you say no to something with the same name as the sandwich? :rotfl:

BLT offers views of the Magic Kingdom!

If you decide to do an Epcot resort Beach Club has the Best pool on property!

Beach Club Villas are not available, so it would be the resort. Does anyone know how they compare?

Really wanted the space of the 1BR, but am so tempted by the TTC and monorail of Poly/BLT. Such tough choices!

Thanks everyone.:thumbsup2

With kids that age I would personally do a MK resort, I think you will find yourself there the most.. Might I suggest Wilderness Lodge? We love the boat to and from and it never seems as crowded as the monorail at park closing time.

I love the idea of seperate space though too...

The Poly. But I am a big fan of the Poly, so I'm a little biased! If not that, then I would do the BLT. With kids that age, the monorail and proximity to MK can't be beat!

With kids that age I would personally do a MK resort, I think you will find yourself there the most.. Might I suggest Wilderness Lodge? We love the boat to and from and it never seems as crowded as the monorail at park closing time.

I love the idea of seperate space though too...

I hadn't really considered WL, simply because we have stayed at the Grand California Hotel several times, and wanted to see something new, but clearly I should reconsider...

I need to join that thread about not being able to stick with one resort choice. I have now narrowed it down to BWV 1BR (for the space), WL (for the price), Poly (for the location and room size with EWP) or Beach Club(for the pool). :rotfl2: This is crazy!

A few years ago we took my then 6 year old nephew to BWV. He didn't think much of the boardwalk area and wasn't impressed with the pool. I am also not a big fan of clowns. There aren't a lot of options for CS. Also thought the bus service was long, went to multiple resorts. But that is just me. Lots of people love it. My question would be what park will you spend most of your time at and choose from there.

Since you will be by yourself with 2 smaller children I would choose BLT but your pp said you had eliminated it so my next choice would be poly. The reason for BLT is it is walking distance to MK and monorail excess. Easy to get to MK and Epcot!! The poly would be my next rec. for this reason. It would be very easy and quick to go back to the room for breaks. With the age of your children I would think MK would be their favorite. The monorail makes it easy on the parent. I love it!!!:lovestruc We love the resturants on the monorail too. Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, O'hana's etc...:thumbsup2 You can't go wrong with any choice, one just may be easier on you as the only adult.:cool1:

My first choice would be Poly but then again I am hugely biased. ;) BWV would be great too though, since you do have that laundry option. That is a tough choice!

If you fell comfortable enough, you could do a resort where they have access to laundry facilities in each building, such as GF, so you could pop a load in at night when the kids are asleep. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter