Ready to take the plunge and have a couple of questions

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
DH and I have decided to buy DVC. For various reasons we have decided to buy from DVC at VWL, even if we have to wait a bit. I've never spoken with anyone at DVC and don't want to call this week due to likely business with expiration of SSR promo.

My questions are: does anyone have a guide they would like to refer us to? We are probably already in the system because of the DVD but would be happy to use someone's name as a referral for whatever it is worth.

My other question is: if I buy VWL now will I get '06 points or just whatever I get for '07 for whatever use year they have available.

We mostly travel in January so I wouldn't mind a December UY unless someone has another idea.

Thanks to all for all the informatio that is on this board. It helps a lot!

You will go on a "wait list" for WL and @ $95. per pt ...you know that ...right??
NO... 06 pts. are a perk for the SSR Incentive @ $86. per pt until EOD today.

Thanks for the PM. I know the VWL points are $95. For us, it was worth the extra money to be at the 11 month window for VWL. Thanks again for all the info!

My other question is: if I buy VWL now will I get '06 points or just whatever I get for '07 for whatever use year they have available.

We mostly travel in January so I wouldn't mind a December UY unless someone has another idea.
Disney will start you out with "current" Use Year points when you purchase directly through them. Right now it's still 2006 for all Use Years so if you purchased today, you would get 2006 UY points regardless of which Use Year you purchased. If you wanted a Feb UY, and purchased on/after Feb 1st, you would start with 2007 points. If you wanted a March UY and purchased prior to Mar 1st, you would get '06 points and if you purchased on/after Mar 1st, you would start with '07 points... you get the idea. And, they normally let you bank those '06 UY points even if you are past your banking deadlines!

If you normally travel in Jan, then a Dec UY would work out great for you.

You may have to go on a waiting list for VWL points but Disney often has VWL points available so you might get them right away. I purchased an add-on at VWL last year and got the points that day.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the posts and PMs. Spoke with my guide today and hope to be a member within the next week at VWL! :yay:

It sounds like I may get to choose between August or a December use year. I am leaning toward the December as we do most of our travelling in January. That way I would have a whole year if I had to cancel. I am so excited -- I can't wait for my paperwork to get here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter