Ready or not we went... and survived! Fantasy Oct 26-Nov 1

Thanks for sharing. We're headed out on the Fantasy in February with the same itinerary.

My kids' names are Cassie and Gabe. Funny to have those names pop up in somebody else's trip report. :) When I saw those names in a sentence together, I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things. :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading more!

Char! I found you! Now I have to go back and read every single page. :banana:

Hoping for a slow day at work to do just that too. :lmao:

It sucks that we never got to cruise together but maybe one day I will get the pleasure of meeting you and your family, you all seem like such sweethearts :hug:

They sure are!!:love:

Oh you mean the cruise where Robin single handedly drove Dooney & Bourke stock through the roof!:scared1::headache::rotfl:

Oooo now that WOULD be an interesting read!;)

My kids' names are Cassie and Gabe. Funny to have those names pop up in somebody else's trip report. :) When I saw those names in a sentence together, I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things. :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading more!

That is too funny! Clearly you have great taste in choosing names! ;)

Char! I found you! Now I have to go back and read every single page. :banana:

Hoping for a slow day at work to do just that too. :lmao:

Yay Nancy!:yay: So glad you're here! As I'm writing this I am feeling very picture deficient especially after Cass's report. :lmao:
They sure are!!:love:

Awww.... thanks Nancy:hug:

Subscribing. Great report. :thumbsup2

I booked Nachi for my son and I. Can't wait.

Thanks for reading!:goodvibes You will LOVE Nachi! It was so relaxing...well mostly ;)

Whew, finally caught up! :goodvibes

What a crazy few days you had there, Char. Loving the pictures too. :flower3:

Pirate night! pirate:

Once we were safely back on the ship we could finally relax after the adrenaline rush of getting back from Nachi. Although we couldn’t relax too much because we had to get ready for pirate night! I LOVE Pirate night! I had some time to spare so I went and delivered some glow sticks that I had picked up to give to our friends for the Pirate party. I was also itching to tell them about our very eventful day! I got to see Wendy and Rich’s room, which was sooo cool. I don’t know what category it was but it was a porthole at the very front of the ship and the room was square with a sloped ceiling. It was very spacious! A person could do a cartwheel in that room…if one could DO a cartwheel.:rotfl: Anyway off I went to deliver the rest of the glow sticks… thankfully we were all on the same deck. In retrospect I could have waited until dinner but it was neat to see everyone else’s rooms. I really liked Joh’s cabin too as it was a 5E with the extended balcony. It was huge! :eek:

By the time I got back to our cabin everyone else was showered and were getting their pirate gear on. Dinner tonight was at Enchanted Garden. Curtis, our server reminded us about the pirate party at 10:30 and to be sure not to miss it. We were heading back to our room after milling around in the lobby to see if we could see Captain Jack Sparrow to get a pic but the line was too big. On our way we bumped into Megan and Dustin with Dustin’s mom Teresa and her friend Laura all decked out in their pirate gear. They had missed diner as they were late getting back with not enough time to get ready. They said they were heading to the pirate party which I told them it wasn’t until 10:30. They got out their navigator and showed me that it said Mickey’s Pirate party at 7:45. We were quite surprised, as I have to admit that we did not look at the navigator’s too closely this time around as we always seemed to have something planned anyway. I can’t remember why but Luke was not into going to the party and Nate offered to stay back with him. I took Gabe and we went with Bobby and her kids. We had missed the first part but it was really cute. I found it to be not as scary or cool as the one on the Magic so I was a little disappointed in the party and of course they didn’t do the fire works for the early one. I did think it was nice that they did this one early for the younger kids who can’t manage to stay up until 10:30.

After the party we headed to the show. Tonight it was going to be The Comedy and Ventriloquism of Taylor Mason. Nate convinced Luke to go to the show and we met them there along with everyone else. The show was really great! I had my doubts because I find either they are really funny or just really corny. Although I did have my moments of snoozing and so did Nate as we were really tired from the very crazy day. He picked a volunteer from the audience and it was a young boy. He asked him where he was from and the boy said England. Anyway later in the show he asked for another volunteer who happened to be from England to which of course he made a joke about. At the end of the show he called for a volunteer again and this time it was a young boy… not from England lol and he had him wear a puppet while he would speak for it. It was really funny since the boy moved the puppets mouth slowly and then would stop so the Taylor would have to speak slowly and stop, all the while saying hilarious things. The next volunteer was called up and this time it was a little girl and the same thing… she would move the puppets mouth slowly and sporadically. Next he called for a parent volunteer and of course there are not as many volunteers but mostly excited kids offering up their parents. Well Daniel was one of those excited kids and was pointing to his mom with the glow stick that I had given him earlier. So he said “how about that mom with the green glowing thing next to her” :rolleyes1 Joh was embarrassed but was a good sport and went up. So he asked her where she was from and she laughed the whole time while she said England. This was hilarious to everyone and of course he had something to say about this. Joh was crying she was laughing so much while up there. So he had her put on the puppet and since she just watched the other two she was moving the puppets mouth fast and not stopping to which the he had the puppet say “I don’t know why but I just can’t seem to stop talking”. It was really funny and if I was just a bit more technically inclined, I’d post the video that Wendy took… but alas I am not. Now if my oldest graces us with his presence any time soon I will have him post it for me. Joh blamed me for getting called up on stage since it was “the stupid glow stick you gave Daniel that brought attention to me!” It was worth it and I have big shoulders… I can take it. :lmao:

After the show we had an hour to kill before the second pirate party. It was really windy and the boat was pretty rocky. Luke was not feeling great and was really tired so I offered to stay back in the cabin with Luke. Nate could take Gabe to the second Pirate Party since I already went to the earlier one. I was exhausted anyway. I was a little disappointed that I would not get to see the fireworks but I thought since it was so windy they probably wouldn’t light them anyway. Luke and I returned to the cabin and I was fast asleep soon as my head hit the pillow. I was out cold and was totally disoriented when I was woken by the booming. My heart was racing and then I remembered… the fireworks. It took me a few minutes to get my heart rate back to normal so I could go back to sleep. I found out when Nate returned that the show was actually different! It was much more scary and sinister. Well that’s it…. I’ll just have to go back.

Here are a few pics of that night.

Here’s Bobbie with Emma and Gabe

Second Pirate party

Fireworks

Next up…. Cabin Crawl!

Cabin Crawl!

I was pretty excited about today….today was Halloween and the Cabin Crawl! We found our room steward Raj… (I can’t believe I forgot to mentioned him…he was the best!) and let him know that we were going to have a bunch of people in our cabin and if there was anyway we could get our room done by lunch. He said that was no problem. We headed to breakfast and afterwards asked the boys what they wanted to do. They wanted to ride the Aquaduck and do the detective agency thing again. So we rode the Aquaduck a few times until it got too busy then dried off and got ready to be detectives. This time we thought we would have a little race. Dad and Luke decided to solve the case of the missing paintings and Gabe and I decided to do the case of the missing show. So off Gabe and I go and we are both pretty competitive and took off running. If you’re going to do this don’t pick the missing show! Gabe and I looked at the map and figured out the most efficient way to hit all the paintings, except on 2 occasions the paintings sent us on a separate quest that involved finding not another painting but a bulletin board and “pepe’s” door to find our next clue. This just messed up our whole efficient plan! It was actually really cool so knowing that we lost we decided to embrace it and just enjoy the coolness of it lol. The plan was to meet at Eye scream and the loser had to buy a round of ice cream cones.;) However we lost miserably and Nate and Luke had finished their cones about 45 minutes before we even arrived. It was supposed to be a mid morning snack but it was more like a lunch appetizer for Gabe and I. So after our ice cream we felt we needed to be responsible parents and at least offer them some nutritious food for lunch. They didn’t eat much and neither did I. The boys had agreed that after lunch they would go to the kids club while we did the cabin crawl. Off they went and we returned to our spotless cabin and set up for everyone.

On our past Carnival cruises one of our friends, Tony would organize the cabin crawl and since I can’t convince him to leave Carnival I decided to organize this activity on my own. So I posted on our cruise meet and fb explaining the game. So this is how it works… each person that signs up pays $5 to play and you ask for 7 people to volunteer to be host cabins, preferably on different levels and categories. Hosts have to provide a deck of cards that they spread out on the bed for players to take. The host then records what card everyone takes. Host cabins can provide a drink or a treat of some kind if they wish. The last 2 cabins are discard cabins and the player with the best poker hand wins the pot. I chose this day because it was a sea day and we already had the mixology on the first sea day and thought I probably wouldn’t have made it to formal night if I did both on the same day. I also set it for 12:30 so it would be after lunch and for those that signed up for the mixology at 3:00 could still make it. We had 40 people sign up to play and our 7 host cabins. One of the last cabins that offered to host was the… wait for it… ROY O DISNEY SUITE. :woohoo:To top it off he offered to have to post party in his cabin! :hyper:

The plan was to meet at the Vista Café for the buy-in. :rotfl:We always have way less people since some forget and some just decide to do something else. While making our shots I told Nate that maybe we should only make 30 but then I thought, what if everyone DOES show up so we made 10 more. It would never go to waist! We made Burt Reynolds shots, which is ½ butter ripple liqueur and ½ spiced rum. All I can say is yum yum yum! Anyway people started to trickle in at the Vista Café and we ended up with only 20 people which is still good... that’s a $100 pot. There was a little glitch though….we were short 2 host cabins. That was alright though since Joh and Wendy had offered a while back that they could be host cabins as a back up. While we were waiting, Debbie from mixology AND from my church offered to help out saying we could use her cabin to host. Right about that time Joh texted me saying she was going to skip it as she was busy with something else. So I let her know not to worry because I had Debbie now too for a back up. I couldn’t get a hold of Wendy and it turns out she got distracted by a fellow knitter and they were conversing about patterns or something. I am actually serious!:rotfl2: Those darn knitters.;) Rob offered his cabin and luckily Nate and I had brought a few extra decks of cards for just this reason. So off we go to the first cabin, which was an 8D on deck 5 I think. It was a square cabin with 2 large portholes that you can sit in. I couldn’t believe how big it was! It comfortably held more than 20 people at once. During a cabin crawl I have never seen where everyone is in one cabin all at once… it was more like you would line up outside and file in, grab your card and a drink, look around and file out. The next 5 cabins were on deck 7 and then on to the Pièce de résistance… the Roy O Disney Suite! All I can say is OH MY! When we got there our hosts were so phenomenal… they called concierge and let them know they were having a little party and they brought up a whole tray of goodies and lots of Mickey bars and sodas and little pirate grab bags. Ron and Tina were such gracious hosts and really lovely people. Ooops… I forgot that we were there for the cabin crawl and this was the last cabin. (sorry I got distracted by daydreaming about the suite:cloud9:) Well my friend Jen won the pot with 5 jacks!:cool1: I know I know….. you are all thinking just stop typing and get to the pictures already!

Here we are waiting to file into a cabin

At Debbie’s cabin… honestly we are not all boozing gamblers at our church!

We’re getting cloooser! :bitelip:

The foyer of the suite!

There’s a party goin’ on right here. A celebration to last throughout the years.party:

Oh goodness… we can’t forget about the winner!

The goods!

Here I am just lounging on the deck with a Mickey bar…. ON THE DECK OF THE ROY O DISNEY SUITE! :cloud9:

Here’s Nate on the other side of the deck… ya know just hanin:cool2:

Rob as acting bar tender!:drinking1

We left before we were kicked out feeling pretty giddy. So we all left together… my parents, Rob and Jen and Bobby and Gerald. We DID have all those shots left so everyone came back to our cabin and we polished off the rest of the Burt Reynolds. It was an unforgettable afternoon!

Next up Halloween!

I can't wait to write about Pirate Night since that was the night of Daniel's big date. I may just post the video Wendy took, if I am feeling suitably brave.

I am still absolutely gutted I missed the Cabin Crawl (well, the Roy O Suite actually). We just felt like everything had been so hectic up to this point, we wanted to take the time to spend it with the kiddos. I still hope the Roy O Suite is in my future (maybe after that big lottery win, eh?)

I found out when Nate returned that the show was actually different! It was much more scary and sinister. Well that’s it…. I’ll just have to go back.

Oh shucks mom. what an inconvenience. Now you have to fly all the way back to sunny florida to go back on the darn cruise to see the fireworks with your favourite child. bummer. So when are we going. ;):rotfl:

Ooooooh, the Roy looks fabulous! I'd never leave my cabin. Everything I need or want is right there!! :yay:

I'm not sure where you can go after the Roy O Suite, but want to follow along anyway. I am planning for a first cruise and think the cabin crawl is a great idea! :thumbsup2

Lovin' the trip report Char!

OK, now I think there is a church FB page that would just love to have a couple of your pictures posted, especially the mixology one!!!

Double dare you :rotfl2:

I can't wait to write about Pirate Night since that was the night of Daniel's big date. I may just post the video Wendy took, if I am feeling suitably brave.

I forgot about the big date. I remember he kept getting mad at me because I kept making smoochy noises before.:lmao: He told me I was a terrible Canadian mother ;)

I am still absolutely gutted I missed the Cabin Crawl (well, the Roy O Suite actually). We just felt like everything had been so hectic up to this point, we wanted to take the time to spend it with the kiddos. I still hope the Roy O Suite is in my future (maybe after that big lottery win, eh?)

It was a rather hectic cruise wasn't it. I did feel like we always had to be somewhere.

Oh shucks mom. what an inconvenience. Now you have to fly all the way back to sunny florida to go back on the darn cruise to see the fireworks with your favourite child. bummer. So when are we going. ;):rotfl:

Well that depends on how long it takes you to save to take your wonderful mother... don't worry I will spring for the first drink of the day;)

Ooooooh, the Roy looks fabulous! I'd never leave my cabin. Everything I need or want is right there!! :yay:

I know! Did you see the hot tub behind me too?!:cloud9:

I'm not sure where you can go after the Roy O Suite, but want to follow along anyway. I am planning for a first cruise and think the cabin crawl is a great idea! :thumbsup2

No kidding eh! It's rather anticlimactic after Nachi and Roy but I will try and make it entertaining. ;)

Lovin' the trip report Char!

OK, now I think there is a church FB page that would just love to have a couple of your pictures posted, especially the mixology one!!!

Double dare you :rotfl2:

Hahaha... now if you Double DOG dared me I might have thought about it but you're too late :lmao:

Found my way here via Joh, really enjoying your TR, loved your formal night dress.

Halloween!

Everyone left after helping us finish off our extra shooters and we headed over to pick up the boys from the kids club. We were definitely feeling VERY good at this point. We had to get the boys ready for Halloween and ourselves for semi formal night. We had thought about dressing up in our costumes for dinner but I decided I didn’t really feel like it since I wasn’t thrilled about my costume. We wore these costumes on our last Halloween cruise and we didn’t have a chance to go and look for something else before we left. The boys were pretty excited to dress up. Luke wore the same costume as last year, Darth Maul, and we picked up a Spider Man costume for Gabe back in the summer. I don’t know about everyone else but my kids love to dress up all the time and the costumes showed some wear and tear. I had to fix the Darth Maul as some of the seams were coming apart and with Gabes costume the fabric was worn at the nose from all the wear since summer and Evan pointed out to me that it looked like Spidey had a runny nose!:scared: Ewww…I wish I had have brought a red marker…or a kleenex! :rotfl:

Here’s Darth Maul before dinner:scared1:

Cute little Anna:hug:

And her brother Banana:banana:

Here’s Nate…. Groovy baby!:hippie:

With the girls:grouphug:

When I saw the Captain milling about I was not going to miss my opportunity again!:thumbsup2

Darth and Spidey and Super Donald!

Bonnie and Clyde brought their own personal doctor!

Here’s the kids. Wait a second…. Anna, were you not just a cat?! :confused3

After the party we headed to the theater to watch the show. That night it was Disney’s Believe. I don’t recall too much of this show other than it was about a father and daughter because all the earlier Burt Reynolds were taking effect and I was feeling rather sleepy. Really the rest of the night was a blur and I think we just went back to the cabin and went to bed. That was probably a good thing since Castaway Cay was the next day! Overall Halloween was a big hit but I did miss the trick or treating that they did on the magic.

Next up…. Castaway Cay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!