READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This morning was the first time I “practiced” in months. I got through once and would have gotten a BG but backed out to try again and they were gone. Couldn’t have been 10 seconds
14 seconds per what I’ve seen.

side note: yesterday it took roughly 6 minutes to fill. It also appears it was a much slower day at WDW compared to other days recently. It was also the first day they started loading two parties into a vehicle. I think yesterday was more of a test too.

14 seconds per what I’ve seen.

side note: yesterday it took roughly 6 minutes to fill. It also appears it was a much slower day at WDW compared to other days recently. It was also the first day they started loading two parties into a vehicle. I think yesterday was more of a test too.

Yeah 14 seconds seems doable with it being clicks, just kinda hinges on the app functioning appropriately for you.

I actually attempt to purchase limited release products that sell out in less than that time frame sometimes. Let me tell you getting all my address and CC info in in that timeframe is quite the rush.

This wouldn’t be an open line. They’ll still have a 2PM drop per the article. I’d imagine this allows guests to get ahead of it and change their park if able to in case they don’t get the boarding group.

Thanks that is what I figured, I like it, makes it so I dont have to rush to be at Studios at 845am. But makes me have to get up that much earlier.

It would be hilarious if Disney "punishes" the AP Holders who book at Studios Reservation, fail to get a reservation and prevent them from cancelling their park reservation or swapping to another park.

Once you attempt to join the VQ it should lock your reservation to the Studios that day.

It would be hilarious if Disney "punishes" the AP Holders who book at Studios Reservation, fail to get a reservation and prevent them from cancelling their park reservation or swapping to another park.

Once you attempt to join the VQ it should lock your reservation to the Studios that day.
I would think Disney doesn’t want to lock you in. They want crowds spread out not stuck at DHS.

I really like this change, this definitely takes a lot of the stress out of the morning. Plus you can spend more time in your hotel making sure you're in the best spot for cell service and get comfortable before booking your group. Then you can head there to rope drop and not be worried about being stuck on a ride when the boarding group time hits. Man, this really makes me feel better all around- great move by Disney, I think. And if you have kids, bring an ipad or tablet if you have one and have them help try too in the hotel room haha.

I would think Disney doesn’t want to lock you in. They want crowds spread out not stuck at DHS.

But let's be fair, why should they do that now? When before if you had a reservation for Studios, walked through the gate, failed to get a boarding group, I don't think if you went to Guest Services would let you swap to any other park.

so how will this work? will it be the same process as before, but only people with a park reservation that day will be eligible to try and join?

I will be there Nov 5, 2 days after this new process starts. I feel better about not having to Uber over early because I have a rental car and really preferred driving myself anyways.

so how will this work? will it be the same process as before, but only people with a park reservation that day will be eligible to try and join?
I would think so. Also, maybe all us practicing at home we’re messing things up so they told us that to get us to stop, plus they only want 1 party trying, not everyone in the family or people back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter