READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, is anyone else feeling the pressure to increase their Disney $$ budget to include the price of purchasing the latest and greatest phone purely to hopefully snag a BG for a 30 min ride?? :rotfl2:
Yes. :rotfl2:
My daughter and I both have an iPhone 6 right now.
I have been following this thread from Day 1.
I am not taking any chances so we are both getting iPhone 11s today for our trip next week.
I have spent way too much money on this vacation as it is so what's a few more dollars in the budget.

Just bumping my question since no one responded. I tried looking on YouTube but got a bunch of 20-30 minute long videos that didn’t really show the process of using the app.
I’m not sure if there are any videos of this particular process but I think it is really straightforward. (Caveat I have only done this at home so I can only speak from that perspective but it seems like it’s the same as the real thing.)
  1. Open My Disney Experience app (you should choose the system you want to implement based on what you’ve read here). Options include:
    • Open the app a few minutes before 8 and wait
    • Open the app 10-15 seconds before 8
    • Staggered opening of the app across a few phones to see if one can hit the “sweet spot”
  2. On the home screen of the app, hit the “ Find Out More” button at the stroke of 8:00:00 or even waiting 2-3 seconds 473882
  3. On the very next screen, you will have this screen: 473883
    • If the “Join Boarding Group” button is red, as shown here, click it immediately and proceed to choose your party and smash that boarding pass!
  4. If it is grayed out then click “My status”
    which takes you to the following screen:
If the “Join a Boarding Group” is grayed out, like the following:​
you can either “pull down” to refresh the screen or hit the back arrow at the top left corner and try again.

I believe you probably said you have practiced yourself so this may be unnecessary information for you. But I did want to post it for the benefit of others and perhaps screenshots will be helpful for your family. I just don’t think it’s that difficult once you’re in the app. I hope this helps and I hope the screenshots and written instructions display well. (Doing this post on the phone while my family is constantly bugging me for one thing or another has been challenging! Lol. I’m doing important work here! Don’t they know this?! 🤣)

(This post has been edited to add the "blue Join a Boarding Group" screenshots and to add the helpful hint of waiting a couple of seconds after 8:00:00, which is a method that has been working for quite a few people lately)

Last edited:
The boarding groups being gone in one minute is so discouraging. The park may be crowded but it can't possible be Christmas crowded today. I doubt it will be closed because it reached capacity. I had previously told my Star Wars fans that we should be able to get a group as long as we are there by park opening when we go in March. Now that isn't true and it appears you need to have backup people at home trying too. At some point Disney has to extend park hours for these busy times.

Are there any videos out there showing how to get a boarding group in the app? Preferably one that shows the trick of hitting “find out more” at 8:00 (and juggling/refreshing the app by clicking on my status if the button isn’t red yet). I’ve practiced it myself atHome a couple times at 8am but I want to show my wife and kids without having to wait for 8am.
Just bumping my question since no one responded. I tried looking on YouTube but got a bunch of 20-30 minute long videos that didn’t really show the process of using the app.
From Disneyland but it's the same deal. the intro has the process and then he shows it again at minute 2:15. You can see the time stamp on his phone so you can see when he opened the app

If you’re still in practice mode, try 30 seconds earlier tomorrow. I’d be curious as to how that might work.
I definitely will. I practise almost every morning using different methods and with varying results. But maybe my timing has been off all along. That’s a big duh for me if it’s taken this long to figure out. Lol.

The boarding groups being gone in one minute is so discouraging. The park may be crowded but it can't possible be Christmas crowded today. I doubt it will be closed because it reached capacity. I had previously told my Star Wars fans that we should be able to get a group as long as we are there by park opening when we go in March. Now that isn't true and it appears you need to have backup people at home trying too. At some point Disney has to extend park hours for these busy times.
remember Christmas week had extended hours, also they might have upped the number of people per bg so everyone might still be getting into a bg in that first minute
They may also just be going more conservative with capacity

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked they kept park opening at 8 this weekend. Seems the ride is barely limping along right now. I guess we should be grateful they haven't just shut it down altogether to try to work on it.

Realistic expectations and an honest evaluation as to whether it's worth it or not are necessary these days for each group or individual. I think there are some families who would be better off not trying at this time.

Interesting. I wonder if they’ve done away with the AM 1 hour return window message?

On a side note, is anyone else feeling the pressure to increase their Disney $$ budget to include the price of purchasing the latest and greatest phone purely to hopefully snag a BG for a 30 min ride?? :rotfl2:

Yes. I’m having battery issues. I could totally get the battery replaced. Instead I’m going to replace the phone. mostly for Disney (FP and BG).

If you’re still in practice mode, try 30 seconds earlier tomorrow. I’d be curious as to how that might work.

That has happened on random mornings here and there. Where the BGs have opened before official park open by a minute or so.

To the person who wants a video - if you can’t find one you like you can make your own. You can take a screen recording of yourself practicing, and explain to your group what you did at each step if they don’t understand what you pushed. I’ve done this for many friends/family teaching them about FP and refresh.

The boarding groups being gone in one minute is so discouraging. The park may be crowded but it can't possible be Christmas crowded today.

A lot of people during the first few weeks, including Christmas week, didn't know the process so weren't prepared to be at the park for opening. Plus the opening was earlier, so fewer people willing to be there earlier.

To the person who wants a video - if you can’t find one you like you can make your own. You can take a screen recording of yourself practicing, and explain to your group what you did at each step if they don’t understand what you pushed. I’ve done this for many friends/family teaching them about FP and refresh.
already linked a video, but practicing from home video would be helpful as well

Got BG6 this morning for a group of 2. Thanks everyone for all your help these past few weeks!

I got the BG with my iPhone X, on data, with Bluetooth turned on. I opened the app fresh at 7:59 and waited to click “Find Out More” until the moment I saw 8:00 on my phone. “Join Boarding Group” didn’t light up red immediately like it had at home. Selected “My Status” at this point and saw the clickable “Join Boarding Group.”

Other person in my party was iPhone 7, on data, Bluetooth turned off. He used refresh method. I had already grabbed a boarding group when he was selecting party members.

I definitely will. I practise almost every morning using different methods and with varying results. But maybe my timing has been off all along. That’s a big duh for me if it’s taken this long to figure out. Lol.
Better now than when you’re there! There’s just no room for error. Literally, every second counts!

2 min 56 sec into this video shows it with the refresh method.

I’m a broken record, but I think the major difference with Christmas holiday week was the hours. That week saw 15, 16, and even an 18 hour day on NYE. Today we have 12.

The ride may have been performing just as poorly (and if anyone remembers, we had lots of days in the past where it would be down a lot but people were flying through when it was running) but they had 3-6 more hours to make up for it. I also think opening at 6-7 AM instead of 8 had to have been a deterrent for at least some people.

I’m not sure if there are any videos of this particular process but I think it is really straightforward. (Caveat I have only done this at home so I can only speak from that perspective but it seems like it’s the same as the real thing.)
  1. Open My Disney Experience app (you should choose the system you want to implement based on what you’ve read here). Options include:
    • Open the app a few minutes before 8 and wait
    • Open the app 10-15 seconds before 8
    • Staggered opening of the app across a few phones to see if one can hit the “sweet spot”
  2. On the home screen of the app, hit the “ Find Out More” button at the stroke of 8:00:00 View attachment 473882
  3. On the very next screen, you will have this screen:View attachment 473883
    • If the “Join Boarding Group” button is red, as shown here, click it immediately and proceed to choose your party and smash that boarding pass!
    • If it is grayed out then click “My status” and then click the Blue “Join a Boarding Group” button, then proceed.
      View attachment 473884
I believe you probably said you have practiced yourself so this may be unnecessary information for you. But I did want to post it for the benefit of others and perhaps screenshots will be helpful for your family. I just don’t think it’s that difficult once you’re in the app. I hope this helps and I hope the screenshots and written instructions display well. (Doing this post on the phone while my family is constantly bugging me for one thing or another has been challenging! Lol. I’m doing important work here! Don’t they know this?! 🤣)

You get post of the day for this. Excellent synopsis and procedure!

Just a comment from our experience yesterday: our boarding group was called around 7:35pm, so we did not see the 8:00 shows (and unfortunately the ride broke down again, so we were filling out forms etc at 8:00). We were told late afternoon that we would be notified by 7:00 if they didn’t expect our boarding group to be called. So we had to make a decision to see Fantasmic (we actually were planning to see the Star Wars 8:00 show) or wait for our boarding group when we didn’t hear anything by 7:00. Of course we chose to wait for our BG to be called.
Was that Thursday? I felt really bad for the people with high guaranteed boarding groups. That’s 13 hours later! Calling them that late is awful. You should get a proper 2 Hour window IMHO. They were just trying to avoid handing out recovery passes and it’s cheesy of them. They should do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts